It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coney Island Mob beats Ex-Marines rescuing girl

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   

How would you know your going to be alive after 30 guys were after you?
They were lucky they didn't get killed.
If you want to get killed over a bitch go ahead.
Obviously the gang members had some sympathy and didn't kill them.

You have guessed that she was a prostitute who did her pimp wrong. That's a possibility, but what if she was just an innocent girl on her way home from work??? (not work as a prostitute, and there are people who get off work really late) so thats another possibility. I can understand you saying something a long the lines of "well, i don't know her" but I can't imagine someone would just walk by like nothing is happening. While a young girl is bieng beaten by multiple men.

This implies nothing but cowardice

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodcircle

If everyone looked at the bigger picture and both sides the world would be a better place.

What if you a drug dealer and that girl just walked off with $100+ worth of crack, would you go after her and then let her get away because 2 retards came by and said "leave her alone"?

No you wouldn't , you would beat the [snip] out of whoever is getting in your business.

Mod Edit: Censor circumnavigation removed. Please see ABOUT ATS: Vulgarity and The Automatic ATS Censors. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 12/8/08 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AlexG141989

Well call me a coward because I'm not retarded enough to walk up to a gang of 30 men to save someone I don't even know.

Sounds much like any American in the army fighting for Bush's oil and opium yet they don't even really know him and trust that they are really fighting for good because Bush said so.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by buds84

How do you know you're going to be alive tomorrow?

I think they were right to step in. They knew that it wasn't as big a risk as the movies and TV and gang propaganda make it out to be and THEY WERE RIGHT.

Well, the overwhelming odds are that even if/when I do intervene I won't get killed. Same as for you, same as for anyone.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610

Originally posted by DuneKnight
this has nothing to do with race

So if a mob of 30 white men had beaten 2 black men unconscious while yelling "Hey, Black boys, your in the suburbs now!" that would not have been racist either, right?

No, because they are usually wearing badges and harassing black men because they were in the "white" part of town driving the wrong car.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Reminds me of this small black boy who defined racism as "when white people are mean to black people" Some people really never lose that mentality.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by undermind
reply to post by buds84

How do you know you're going to be alive tomorrow?

I think they were right to step in. They knew that it wasn't as big a risk as the movies and TV and gang propaganda make it out to be and THEY WERE RIGHT.

Well, the overwhelming odds are that even if/when I do intervene I won't get killed. Same as for you, same as for anyone.

I know I'll be alive tomorrow because I'm not out doing dumb [snip].
Such as joining the army and trying to save helpless girls from a gang of 30 men.
The gang of 30 men I suspect were just teens.

Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please see Terms and Conditions of Use section 1b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 12/8/08 by JAK]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by DuneKnight
lets not ponder on the superficial side of things, just because one guy expressed racial thoughts, doesnt mean that the whole gang beat up those guys because they were white. from my knowledge, people DO justify violence because of racial differences but the violence itself comes from somewhere else. in other words any person i fight with today whether he is white, black, Hispanic--i will probably utter racial slurs at him so as to merely insult him.

Listen, I lived in the projects, in Harlem, I was one of only 3 white people. Racism and violence exist, with out any doubt, I was the victim of it many times. And it WAS because of the color of my skin.

Now that being said I had friends of all colors who could care less what color I was when I lived there. But be certain, This was not gang related, it was based on these guys were white, I saw it go down EVERYDAY. So tell me your stories of your life in Harlem as a white male. I'd love to here how much a walk in the park it was.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
*REOPENED*

A Reminder to all: Please keep it civil.

Yes we can be quite passionate with our viewpoints and our replies...and passion is a good thing no doubt - but this is discussion - it is discourse...not simply 'dissing'.

ATS Members are a proud bunch and have every right to be.

We challenge and we question, we seek and we debate. We don't ever need to descend down the pathway of insults.

Please address the topic and NOT the person.

Peace.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Racism is not natural it is nurtured trait

The PTB garner this trait as a means of creating division in what could be a harmonious world

ti has become so common that to be without racism would feel odd and strange in most people

we are so constantly trying to expose our differences we ignore our similarities and harmony is never achieved

we are one race, the human race, anything else is a division used to conquer and confuse

it is easy to fall into, just look at this thread

people are just too damn afraid

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by buds84
Why did those two retards get involved? don't feel sorry for them.
Who in their right mind would try to save a girl from a mob of 30 black guys?
Thats just asking to get killed lol.

How do they know she wasn't just a hooker that ripped off her pimp or customer?

The same thing would happen if two black guys tried to stop the Mob/Mafia from killing a girl.

The two retards served in Iraq, they probably killed about 50+ innocent civilians while in Iraq.

Just because they are White American doesn't mean their life is worth more.
I'm sure this type of thing happens a lot more than it's reported.

[edit on 11-8-2008 by buds84]

*SNIP*

The story states that she was ONE OF THEIR FRIENDS. THEY WERE WALKING HER OUT TO HER CAR AND SHE WAS ACOSTED.

She wasnt some "street hooker" as you claim.

You should be banned for not looking at facts before bashing someone like that. We dont need people like you here. You contributed nothing to this thread.

~MU

[edit on 12-8-2008 by alien]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If the girl being assaulted was black, then what makes you guys think that the 2 marines would be safe from assault if they were black too?

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorched Earth

A wolf pack of at least 30 thugs viciously attacked two hero ex-Marines in Brooklyn after they rescued a teenage girl who was being assaulted, police and witnesses said yesterday.

he former leathernecks, Valentyn Olenyev, 23, and Boris Bukler, 22, Russian émigrés who served tours in Iraq, were walking a female friend to her parked car on West 23rd Street at 12:30 a.m. when they spotted two men holding the screaming teen by her hands and legs.

The two former Marines, meanwhile, insist that the violence had racial overtones, although the assault has not been labeled a bias crime.

Bukler said, "Those in the crowd were yelling, 'Hey, white boys, you're in the 'hood now!' We were yelling back, 'We don't care - we live here!'

Read entire article

Imagine the uproar if the races were reversed.

Cases like this are proof that:

-Unconstitutional hate crime laws are useless anyways

- There is a double standard when it comes to blacks perpetrating violence upon whites. If the victims were black, the attack would be headlines for days with scumbags like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton leading little protests.

Moderator-Note: Title Edited. Titles must match the News Articles.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Skyfloating]

I totally agree.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MockedUnicorn
The story states that she was ONE OF THEIR FRIENDS. THEY WERE WALKING HER OUT TO HER CAR AND SHE WAS ACOSTED.

She wasnt some "street hooker" as you claim.

You should be banned for not looking at facts before bashing someone like that. We dont need people like you here. You contributed nothing to this thread.

~MU

Actually, I can see where the confusion comes in. The girl they walked to the car is not the same one being assaulted. Read it again:

A wolf pack of at least 30 thugs viciously attacked two hero ex-Marines in Brooklyn after they rescued a teenage girl who was being assaulted, police and witnesses said yesterday.

The former leathernecks, Valentyn Olenyev, 23, and Boris Bukler, 22, Russian émigrés who served tours in Iraq, were walking a female friend to her parked car on West 23rd Street at 12:30 a.m. when they spotted two men holding the screaming teen by her hands and legs.

They were walking their female friend to her car when they noticed a teen being assaulted, so they ran and tried to help.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I am thinking that some people need to read the article. When the two ex marines were saving the girl, she was being attacked by TWO men. Then, a group of THIRTY men showed up. the guys did not go running in when there were thirty guys attacking the girl. Furthermore, some people need to grow up and realise that just cause a teenage girl was out at one am does not mean she was scoring or a hooker. Penty of teenagers simply hang out outside late at night.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MockedUnicorn

I'm not sure that is correct. The article says this:

The former leathernecks, Valentyn Olenyev, 23, and Boris Bukler, 22, Russian émigrés who served tours in Iraq, were walking a female friend to her parked car on West 23rd Street at 12:30 a.m. when they spotted two men holding the screaming teen by her hands and legs.

It's not real clear but I don't think it was their friend that was being attacked.

Anyway, I'm obviously against racism of any kind but it often seems that racism against whites is overlooked. I bet if any black people are charged with hate crimes against whites, there'd be a big outcry that the charges were ratially motivated. Generally the white population is better off according to statistics so charging black people with racism doesn't go over too well.

With higher poverty amoung blacks, more blacks in prison, quite often as a result of trivial drug offenses, there is a definite sense of segregation between the races. If more were done to equalize conditions, then there'd be less division. That's my utopian dream anyway.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Scorched Earth

Great post, I don't think everyone in the world knows the type of racism that whites encounter in certain parts of the United States. This is and has been a problem for quite sometime with "minorities" trying to beat the crap out of white guys, for being white. I've heard this happen many many times and have been witness to it on a few occasions; a definite problem that needs the type of attention "minorities" got back in the 50's.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
From the article.....

"I was getting my ass kicked by 50 people."
Their friend called Olenyev's brother, Ivan, 22.

---

CONFUSED. His friend is getting beaten to death by a mob and he calls...the guys brother?? Not the police? Someone want to explain that to me?

WOW ATS seems to be a clearing house for ignorant racists.

WHO NEEDS A HOOD TO HIDE BENEATH WHEN THEY HAVE THE ANOMNIMTY OF THE INTERNET! IGNORANT COWARDICE.

When I was 25 I got jumped on by about 30 guys all coked up at a street fair after comming to the defense of a girl that got shoved to the ground by one of them. I had 33 stitches and a fractured cheek bone...everyone involved was white.

As far as the RACIST slant on the story and all of the RACIST posters who chimed in, maybe you could take a look at the thread I posted today and then talk to me about the horrors of "black" violence.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

RACE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. Ignorance is color blind.

[edit on 12-8-2008 by maybereal11]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"Civil War II - The coming break up of America", the book by Thomas Chittum pretty much predicted the escalation of these types of events.

Fascinating read by the way. Out of print, but available all over the net in PDF if anyone's interested.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join