It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing our pets & any other related animal topics

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Here's some pictures of a couple of puppies as well, because their cute..

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Fergu

The old saying, "Don't Eat Yellow Snow!" never did apply any more than by your dogs!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
great pics!
A thought for Ferguson if he is indeed in the Kingdom of the PAW!

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've had Gizmo for about 2 months or so, he had been abandoned. The vet said he was 15-20 years old! No teeth, that's why his tongue hangs out. I can tell his old bones hurt him, so yesterday afternoon I tried something, I gave him just a little bitty piece of Naprosyn, the same as Advil I think. About 3 or 4 hours later he seemed to come to life, walking all over the house which he had never done, and wanting to go for a walk outside. Normally I just pick him up, carry him outside, set him down and he goes, but last and this morning he took off walking a fairly long time. It's like a new dog.

posted on Aug, 19 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
reply to post by Fergu

The old saying, "Don't Eat Yellow Snow!" never did apply any more than by your dogs!

So very true! The puppies had the coolest names, or strangest, or most ridiculous. Bush, Saddam, Bin Laden and Condy (Condoleza).. All named after terrorists. No guessing his political views..

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
I've had Gizmo for about 2 months or so, he had been abandoned. The vet said he was 15-20 years old! No teeth, that's why his tongue hangs out. I can tell his old bones hurt him, so yesterday afternoon I tried something, I gave him just a little bitty piece of Naprosyn, the same as Advil I think. About 3 or 4 hours later he seemed to come to life, walking all over the house which he had never done, and wanting to go for a walk outside. Normally I just pick him up, carry him outside, set him down and he goes, but last and this morning he took off walking a fairly long time. It's like a new dog.

Good one! re-homing an elderly dog
you can give this poor soul some happiness for the last few years of his life.... I did much the same with the Cavalier King Charles I had..her owners no longer wanted her at 7yrs of age and we took her in, not realising at the time that we were also taking on a whole load of health problems,but I tell you that little dog came to us very quiet,timid and very sad....but when we had to say a final goodbye to her, after the vet had done all they could, she went on her way with alot of happiness in her heart,that little dog in the year and half she was with us changed completly.... so although it broke my heart to let her go I am glad we were able to give her the love and care that gave her back her smile...
"ROSIE"

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by special

Oh she looks like a real sweetheart. Most of my dogs have been strays, I think they make the best pets. The ones who have roughed it on the streets and survived are smart enough I guess to know the difference when they get a nice home and spend their lives thanking you. Gizmo hadn't been abandoned long though; this is terrible, but my son found him tied to a stop light. Someone had put a bunch of rubber bands around his neck and tied plastic trash bags thru them to the pole. He was on his side when my son found him in 90 degree heat. I conned my son into letting me have him. He is on two prescription meds now but the vet didn't address anything for pain I just tried an experiment. He goes back to the vet next week and I'm going to see if there is a pain med that is more suitable for him then. Someday I will post about the smartest dog that ever lived, named Lucky.

P.S. Cav. King Charles, cool breed name, never heard of. Will have to look them up.

[edit on 21-8-2008 by Bombeni]

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

you are right!
Its the dogs that have been through hell the ones that sometimes are more thankful for everything , and having lives and survived the concrete jungle, they are sometimes even smarter than home kept dogs, just because they have had the need to use every little piece of do0ggy intellect to survive!

whenever i see dogs in the street i try to help them, too bad i cant keep em, but at least i can try to get some people interested in them, maybe getting them a new home!

its good to hear about people making a difference...

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
I would say that more or less all the animals I have owned have been a rescue case of some sort...I feel I have been able to rehabilitate them and give them the love they have so much been missing from their lives...and I tell you these animals really seem to appreciate what you do for them,and have so much love to give back to you..
I can never understand why someone would just abandon a pet when that poor animal has trusted that person...I just could never do that, to me it would be like leaving my child

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
yeah its a shame that some ppl can do harm to animals

am working since a few years as an alternative practitioner for animals and i have that feeling i can give something back,even its a small thing,what can be a big thing sometimes

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni

ATTENTION: I need to let you know that I checked online this weekend and found out that Naproxen (Aleve) as well as Ibuprofen are not to be used for dogs, they can be toxic. Fortunately I only used 3 very small doses on my dog but I should have checked FIRST, I was stupid. The only pain reliever considered safe for dogs is aspirin, and then only in very small doses.

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up!
I too was told by some vets to give some Ibuprofen to my dog once she had some fever, I bought the medicine but luckily i didn't give it to her...
She felt better the moment we got home, sometimes its like that....

I cant believe some vets, its a real shame they don't know whats potentially hazardous for the pets...

[edit on 25-8-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
...there are much other ways to help a dog in pain
I wud do the natural things (homeopathy), they cant harm that much as all other meds and they help...

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
We have something here called cortaflex which is a supplement given and has fantastic results for artheritic type pain..it contains glucosamine hydrochloride & chondroitin both which have antiflamitry proprieties.There are some good herbal type supplements on the market that work really well,its just a case of trial and error to find the right one that suits your dogs needs... (sry for spelling!)

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Well I just want to take this opportunity to SPAM my furry babies to all:

Dixie:

Tina:

And sweet little Piggy:

edit to fix sizes

[edit on 26-8-2008 by raven bombshell]

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
well, what beautiful family members you all have. i feel warm and fuzzy when i look at all the families. they are all really great. i am not sure if i am really allowed to give this info or not. but i think it is a chance worth taking. all animal lovers should go to Best Friends Animal Society. i think it is a very important sight that all should check into. if you love your family like i love mine, you will check it out. i give my girl a hug every time i read an article from them. anyway, there it is. and thanks to everyone for sharing their family photos. just beautiful!!!

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

Awh those are super cute pictures.
Love the piggie in the jeep runnin over a brat!
That smaller picture of the kitty has really pretty green eyes.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PixelMePretty

I ADORE Wesley! And I love rats- the make really nice pets.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fergu
Here's some pictures of Ferguson I found in my photobucket.

The other dude, Bingo, the almost all black one is his boyfriend. He happened to be gay.

It is cruelty to animals to put dogs in chains. Please go in the shoes of the dog, then you will feel it.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Yesterday I met my son for lunch and in the parking lot there was a dog in a cab of a truck with the window cracked only about an inch. He was clawing at the window, desperate to get out. The truck was parked in direct sun and it was about 90 degrees at the time. Yes, we called the police but the insensitive cruel master left about two or three minutes later, missing the fire department by about two or three minutes. I was surprised that the fire department came and they were there before the police. And I was disgusted at the fact that several other people had to have seen this poor dog before we did and just ignored it. The dog was barking frantically, you couldn't help but notice him. The guy could have at least cracked the window enough so the dog could stick his nose out to breathe. People can be so gross.

[edit on 27-8-2008 by Bombeni]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join