It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Introducing our pets & any other related animal topics

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarJ

Thanks for all of the adorable pictures everyone. I really love looking at all of the sweet babies.

SugarJ-- one of my dogs has a stuffed monkey and sleeps with it between her paws, too. She carries it to the food bowl just in case there are stuffed-monkey-burglars on the prowl. It is very cute.

I couldn't help myself. Here is more of mine...

My cat has a new buddy:

Here she is, looking wise:

We live in Colorado and the water in the outside water bowl freezes over night during the winter. So naturally we dump the big block of ice out to refill the bowl every morning. This girl thinks the ice is a wonderful treat:

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Great thread and you all have such georgous pets. This is my baby that isn't a baby anymore. 'Little Miss' is 14 yrs. old and in great health other than early kidney disease which she's being treated for. So I really hope to have her for quite a few more years.

She is extremely affectionate and she follows me everywhere around the house. In her awake time she likes to play fetch with the milk rings like so many cats do.

Rush

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

LOL!! How cute is she with the monkey!!!

Looks like you have a happy pup HOWLING with joy at her huge icecube too.

Edited to say MEOW to rush's adorable kitty

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr she LOOKS healthy and happy for her age =)

[edit on 8/12/08 by SugarJ]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Our old dog Benji (brindle staff) died just over 2 years ago, he was fourteen and we'd adopted him from my friend when he was eleven. He was very special to us, and we were so heartbroken to lose him that we decided to wait at least a year or two before considering getting another dog.

But something kept 'prodding' me to look for another one. It's hard to explain, but anyway about 2 months after we lost him I started to look at animal rescue centre sites on the internet. I found a lovely place with pictures of the available dogs and saw one who I just knew was mine.

He looked so defeated and sad that my heart went out to him. He'd been abandoned having been badly beaten and mauled. The vets suspected he'd been used as bait in a dog fight. The woman who took his photos said her hands were shaking when she did it because she was so angry at his condition.

Since we've had him he's been an absolute delight - all he wants to do is play fetch. It's been raining hard today so he can't go out to play much - we think he thinks it's our fault when it rains - but will get sausages for his lunch to make up for it.

I've used his picture for my avatar (I know it doesn't fit quite right, but it was my first attempt and, being a technophobe, I've decided to be happy with it since I doubt I can do any better). That little face makes me smile every day and I thought it might cheer up some one else who might need it.

I've always had a feeling that Benji was the 'guiding force' behind my decision to find a new dog straight away instead of waiting.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by berenike

What a lovely story

A handsome dog too

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

thanks for sharing berenike
i had to smile as well when i saw your avatar - really a lovely character
he has been waiting for you and your first dog has for sure been your guidance
it shows the power of conection - atlast to me

@alora
thanks for the wonderful pictures
it is so lovely thinking that he is sleeping with that littl monkey
and the german shepard with her icecube - awesome

@rush such a lovely old lady xing my fingers for her

[edit on 13-8-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
To Special and Orange Light

Thank you.

I've enjoyed this thread so much. I hope more people post.

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
very cute "friends" we have
am happy to see am not the only one whos crazy about animals

hope thers more to come, like to watch those pix
CBx

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   
being an *avid animal lover* i am thoroughly enjoying this thread & all the pics & wish to thank each and every one for sharing

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlieBrown

I think beagles are funny looking. They always look at you like....

"Please believe me, I didn't do it!"

I mean they all look at you the same way. This constant guilty look in their eyes!

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

you just reminded me of a picture a friend once sent to me
a kind of internet "joke"

the title was:
this is what sorry looks like

enjoy

posted on Aug, 13 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrMysticism
reply to post by CharlieBrown

I think beagles are funny looking. They always look at you like....

"Please believe me, I didn't do it!"

I mean they all look at you the same way. This constant guilty look in their eyes!

exactly, and when they did something, what they know it was not ok, the ears go longer and longer and this view is hilarious...
tell me how can I stay angry...am sorry thats not possible

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
My life was empty, the empty spaces seemed so vast.
I a miserable being, full of ire, with little to no patience, angry at the void.
She came and changed my life completely, i know she feels loved as i do feel loved by her, she is more than company, a true best friend.

The first time i contemplated myself missing my dog was the day i knew i had fallen for her tender and sometimes rough ways!

Great post OP, this is just a little homage to all the pets that are loved and spoiled by their owners! myself included!

Its hard to explain to other people, all I just say is this: To really know the value of friendship, have a dog...

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light

the title was:

enjoy

Whatever had he done to look so guilty ??

These little creatures and their expressions - you'd give them the world if they asked you. Thank goodness they'll usually settle for a biscuit.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
TheOneEyedProphet Your dog is TOO cute! I 100% love that kind of dog!

What breed is he? As thats perfecty the kind of dog i would love, I already have a yorkie! But yours reminds me of a dog i had when i was a child,

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Ah more cuties
loving hearing about your pets,they give us a meaning in life and I can never imagine a life without a pet of some sort...for people who do not have one they really don't know what they are missing

Had this thread sent to me "thankyou OzWeatherman
" I think a good place to remember the ones we had to say goodbye to.......
www.belowtopsecret.com...

[edit on 14-8-2008 by special]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   

i dunno
it is not mine - but a friend once sent it to me and added "this is what sorry looks like" and she was right
it is so cute
a lovely look

just wanted to take a nap coz it was a day i had to be up early
but it wasn.t possible my red cat came to me and really yelled at me - guess he said: out of bed you lazy girl, not the time for sleeping, my dish is empty
ok now i am on my legs again but sunny is sleeping!

do your lovely pets also sometimes tyranize you?

@oneeyedprophet
your dog is really kind of character
wow
so aware of everything

@special
thanks for that link
people over here sometimes call the passed aways
"star cats" or "star dogs"

[edit on 14-8-2008 by orange-light]

[edit on 14-8-2008 by orange-light]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   

i
just wanted to take a nap coz it was a day i had to be up early
but it wasn.t possible my red cat came to me and really yelled at me - guess he said: out of bed you lazy girl, not the time for sleeping, my dish is empty
ok now i am on my legs again but sunny is sleeping!

do your lovely pets also sometimes tyranize you?

Absolutely. He loves to play and has many, many stuffed toys. Whatever you are doing he'll drop one down at your feet making sure it 'thuds' to get your attention. If that fails he might pick it up and drop it in your lap.

If that fails he might start to rip it and pull the stuffing out. That's how he finds out my favourite toys - the good ones get saved as soon as I hear the stitches go.

Sometimes I come out of another room and nearly fall over one - occassionally the dog's still there waiting to play but usually there's an abandoned teddy sitting forlornly by itself.

And what idiot let him sit on the new sofa first? Now he's bagged the prime spot and sulks and won't settle if anyone else sits there. And that look he gives you until you get up. Ah well, I've got my computer chair. Musn't grumble.

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

thanks for the comments! my dog is a Miniature Schnauzer, tho she ain't so miniature if you ask me! she is of the salt and pepper variant, i didn't let the breeder crop her ears, i believe she looks much more cuter with them! i couldn't stop the tail crop though

she just turned 1 year old and is fearless, as some have mentioned its these small dogs that have the courage and determination of the big ones, not to mention its huge heart...
this is the bravest dog i have ever had, and once she was let on the couch, there was no turning back...

She also has many toys, but breaks them at the rate of almost 1 per week! plush toys only last days!
luckily she takes out all of her anger at them and leaves the house pretty much intact

cheers to all the pet lovers!

i also have 2 turtles, but I am mostly indifferent to them...

[edit on 14-8-2008 by TheOneEyedProphet]

posted on Aug, 14 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

reply to post by MrMysticism

the title was:

enjoy

LOL- how could anyone NOT forgive that face?? Too cute, thanks for sharing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join