It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world just lit up

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I'm awake in sydney and it is nighttime but i didn't see anything like that if you were wondering about Australia.

EDit just realised it is seven hours later, it was about 5pm then and i didn't notice any thing weird

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Steve B]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Very interesting!

So in Shinewater, UK, the sky went pitch dark for 6 seconds, and in Toronto, the sky went bright for the same amount of time.

Either you guys are running a scam and know eachother, or something very weird just happened.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Very interesting!

So in Shinewater, UK, the sky went pitch dark for 6 seconds, and in Toronto, the sky went bright for the same amount of time.

Either you guys are running a scam and know eachother, or something very weird just happened.

Or it maybe a couincidence, if the light really did come from the explosion.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Or it maye be a couincidence, if the light really did come from the explosion.

I dont buy the explosions in the propane factory, there would have been sound if that was the case.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
Or it maye be a couincidence, if the light really did come from the explosion.

I dont buy the explosions in the propane factory, there would have been sound if that was the case.

Yes I thought that too, but it was the same time which is odd, is it possible that the sound did not reach as far as the light?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   

It was plenty loud.

From another Toronto source:

Police ordered the immediate evacuation of thousands of residents, many of them elderly, within a 1.6-kilometre radius of the Sunrise Propane Industrial Gases in the Keele and Wilson area of northwest Toronto following the 3:50 a.m. blast.

[SNIP]

Witnesses said they were awakened by a thunderous explosion and saw the sky light up in the glow of an enormous fireball before it turned black with billowing smoke.

“It was just a tremendous explosion and blew all the windows out of the house, just blew the house up, and I just managed to get out of there in time,” said Robert Helman, who was covered in cuts and bruises as he fled his home.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
celtic v st mirren today (spl game)

check the last few mins, it went almost dark for about 5 seconds.

this was about 3:10 pm today

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Just to add to the weirdness.

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Okay... here's the really odd thing...

Our increased load (as reported in the "slow queries" log) began about the same time as these reports...
Sudden lightness in sky
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sudden darkness in sky
www.abovetopsecret.com...

huh?

From here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

1.50 into the video, I think thats your daytime. lol.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by shauny
celtic v st mirren today (spl game)

check the last few mins, it went almost dark for about 5 seconds.

this was about 3:10 pm today

You mean it happened again??

You saw it on tv?

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Here are some pictures from near the explosion (camera phone).

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
The propane explosion was caught on video. It takes place at about 1:51 in the video.

Video

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
That is one heck of an explosion.

I lived about a mile from the Big Spring refinery when it exploded back in February. It was so powerful it shook my house. I had to move into another home because my foundation was destroyed and the rafters were ripped loose.

i was in the shower when it happen, and it blew all my interior doors open (or shook them open).

If it was at night, and there was enough dust/moisture in the air, i would imagine that you could see the sky illuminate from quite a distance.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It sounds like you have witnessed a Perseid meteor. One lit up my backyard on August first. They peak on August 12, and the bright ones can be quite perplexing, especially if you don't know they are about.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
The propane explosion was caught on video. It takes place at about 1:51 in the video.

Video

I have to agree that the size of that explosion really did lit up the sky quite a bit more than I thought. And there doesnt seem to have been a lot of sound when it happened.

Thanks for posting.

[edit on 10-8-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hey in toronto here......was waiting on the street for a streetcar around 4 am and i definitely noticed a quick flash or two.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I'd rather delude myself and blame it on the LHC. Maybe they did start it up 08.08.08, found something, and reset the clock to keep their findings a secret.

Back to reality.

Damn.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
well this is what they say went on in toronto

www.thestar.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join