It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA admits to witholding Provocative discoveries on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I always imagined that bacterial life forms, whether their presence on Mars is current or not, would be the most interesting thing. I'm not going to jump to conclusions of course. I don't see why the government would want to withhold such findings from the public, it is our money helping pay for that. Do the bureaucratic idiots there not realize that?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

The problem i think along with this and whatever else they are keeping secret (Roswell, the Wales UFO crash etc) is at the beginning when they found whatever is on mars, they were worried about how we would react and national security, but times and people change and we are as ready now as we everwere to recive such news, BUT now we must contend with officials not wanting to give up there secrets and bit of power and whos only concern is WHOELSE!! knows more than them jelousy

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by englishste

There are some secrets that should remain secret..such as military technology as an example. We do not want that kind of information out in the public for all to see. NASA however, should not hold back on petty things like fossilized bacteria on Mars. That's ridiculous.

edit
I have to agree, the source isn't exactly the most legit. Still, the thought of NASA withholding that kind of information is infuriating.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by laiguana]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by VveaponS2K

I dare you to find a collaborative source for this story? you wont, you will on find it from Pravda and this is not proof of anything. So many times there information is unsubstaintiated or from unnamed sources and it turns out to be false. Just find a different source for this information and I might believe, please make it a fact checked site pls.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by englishste

englishste....Roswell, as far as I'm concerned, from what I've seen/read....an actual recovery of an extraterrestial vehicle, and inhabitants. Some dead, some dying...some lived.

BUT, Roswell was not the FIRST....it's the one that got out of the bag, it seems.

Hence, most attention. I don't know which ones happened before, I just expect there was a practiced response, as evidenced at Roswell, along with a quick 'cover story'.....

Just my opinion....

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's not that the Government doesn't think we can handle the news, but rather the Government cant handle US knowing the news.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hmm Interesting indeed,

So we know they have found water and a toxic substance on mars and that has been made public !

Then from what i understand they don't have the instruments on Phoenix to test for life...........Which only leaves the option as others have stated that pictures from Phoenix's cameras must have captured something spectacular.

It will be interesting to see what if anything is revealed to us.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

WeedWaker:- I agree, im not up on crashed disks but im not stating "what" they keep secret but the changing motives behind it, i really dont think that any goverment or public service who knows about this are keeping it secret for the same reasons they were doing it in the cold war era, i think its degenerated into a "Boys club" sort of mentality or very least they simply dont know how to tell us

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Yep big plans the second half of this year. Stall announcements until after they start WW3 or big alien invasion show. lol

Obama gets elected in early Nov. Thanksgiving....oh wow we found life on mars.......and they are getting their army ready. December.....the big light show......Merry Chrsitmas....Marshall Law, sorry Obama....maybe next time. lol

It never ends does it. Im sure theyll oust the elite and life will be very exciting when im 83 yrs old and crapping my pants. I ll just have to be reborn to reap the benefits.

The sheep should be banned from coming back to the golden age and go join some other garbage planet to try again.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlytOfHnd
There's an interesting new image on Skippers site, www.marsanomalyresearch.com... Read the newest entry. It just gets weirder and weirder. If you have not been to this site before there is some very interesting stuff. If you have and don't think it's worth your time, at least let other members check out the newest entry before you tear it apart.

This man has worked hard for many years to get to the truth and has asked for nothing from anyone. Check it out.

I have always been fascinated with the above site. Great reports on picture anomolies from mars and our moon.
Really incridible stuff-Check it out if u haven't aready.

Edited to repair above link.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Been doing some searching came up with more links to the same situation. Have a go.

www.astroengine.com...

Ok seems to be an error with the second link cant quit post it correctly.. The story is also on Aviation Week, link is toward the bottom of the above linked page.

[edit on 9-8-2008 by VveaponS2K]

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
NASA keeps announcing these press conferences and keep promising exciting news, they've done this over and over again, as recently as a few months or so ago.

This Pravda report goes on to say, if you click on the link the OP provided, that they have found evidence of life on Mars.

Is this going to be another one of those microbial discoveries again? I think they've discovered bacteria on Mars aleady, maybe they found penicilin? Maybe we are now seeing evidence of very tiny fish?

The fact that it appears on Pravda is slightly more significant and perhaps the most recent broadcasting of Edgar Mitchell's statement could have shaken some things up at NaSA, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I don't anticipate any significant announcement before the next administration.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by zooplancton
interesting, in light of a possible announcement of life on mars after earlier this week reading that there are traces of a chemical used in rocket fuel that are naturally occuring in martian soil.

although the snipped has a certain tone to it. i hope they announce what we're hoping for. wouldn't that be grand?

"Possible announcement of life on mars" - What do you mean? Did they or didn't they? source please.

Thanks.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I wonder how Nasa communicates with the rovers ? As they use radiowaves it means the data is somewhere "out there".

So isn't it possible for others then Nasa to receive this data ? And if so.., is it illegal ? As nobody owns space, you are free to take whatever you want. Besides that this data is yours aswell as you paid for it.

Acces to this data would be a shortcut to the "truth"..

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Just-Think
I wonder how Nasa communicates with the rovers ? As they use radiowaves it means the data is somewhere "out there".

So isn't it possible for others then Nasa to receive this data ? And if so.., is it illegal ? As nobody owns space, you are free to take whatever you want. Besides that this data is yours aswell as you paid for it.

Acces to this data would be a shortcut to the "truth"..

NASA is funded by the tax payers right? So it the army, government, etc...

yes, the fact is that the Tax payers OWN these institutions but will never get back what they paid for...

Sad but true...

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Reading the article leaves you wondering what the fuss is all about:

It is not ruled out that NASA experts decided not to unveil the entire truth about the Martian discoveries.

Aviation Week & Space Technology wrote with reference to own anonymous sources at NASA that the agency sent another document to the White House along with the report on the Martian soil analysis. The secret document supposedly says that Phoenix found certain evidence of possible life on the planet.

The classified report does not contain any mentioning of a life form that exists or might have existed on Mars, the weekly magazine wrote. Most likely, it goes about a potential ability of the red planet to maintain the existence of living organisms.

(Source: article cited in the OP)

It just looks like tabloid journalism - trying to make something out of nothing. Hype, and nothing else. Is one 'Pravda' article all it takes to get people partying on the tops of buildings à la Independence Day?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is why we cant believe or rely on anything Nasa says or anything anyone that works for Nasa says.
Because just the statement alone that says they need Government approval, means they can be considered liars.
They will just say what the government tells them.

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinni

That's what I try to point out. If it is possible to acces this data ourselves, then why shouldn't we ?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Just-Think

I myself am very curious as to whether or not the technology needed to recieve the data from the rover can be constructed and operated by someone not at NASA? Would this be possible? And if so why not do it?

posted on Aug, 9 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
NASA is waiting until December? Hmmm, perhaps NASA is waiting until December 25th? Oh, Oh. Wouldn't that spoil "someone's" birthday party? Hey, NASA, you better seek out the Pope's approval, too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join