It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1 item you would take to another planet

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
my acoustic guitar, or electric if they had electricity and an amp.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Setharoo

DUUUDE, you still sore about that?
I think if I was to bring only a stick it would be to slam the hell out of alien snakes.

Dadgum reptilians.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I would take a toothpick. Tasty aliens.
I know your answer was meant in jest, but what if aliens liked to be eaten? You know, lop off an arm and they grow it back like some cartoon? What would the donor/host care?
Now I'm thinking Heinz or some Guldens brown.
Again, I want a truckload, I like to eat.
Dammit Man, possibilities.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Becker44

i love your post that a good on

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LAUGHING-CAT

I'm ripped outta my gord right now, and when I read that I lost it...

Yes, many possibilities there. And my choice would be Heinz...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
as traveling to another inhabited planet would be a most moving experience id take the good ol hd handy cam for the reason that the shear majesty of what you see will be overwhelming and you would potentialy miss alot so id record it and rewatch it so as to not miss out on anything that i saw because i was so dumbfounded by the overall experience

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I would bring a woman
You know you never know what those aliens are gonna look like....you might feel the urge to get your groove on.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
(Note: I didn't read past page 1 so if i'm interrupting a conversation, my apologies)

I personally would bring a top-of-the-line camera, with sufficient accesories that will last me for the 5 year period, a trip isn't a trip unless there's proof you went so i would bring back as much of proof as possible.

...or a rifle...just in case.

Oh and to the poster on page 1 who said they'd bring condoms, thanks, that gave me a good laugh!! Don't want any alien babies running around!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My item would be toilet paper.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I find this one a nobrainner. And I'm sure as soon as I say it you'll all go ah yes!

If you could only bring one item it should be a camcorder.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

I'll take my iPod Nano.
Music is cool.
Can i take my laptop so i can recharge it?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
A tin foil hat...
or
a suitcase thermonuclear device...
or
a captured alien from Roswell...
or
deluxe inflate a mate...

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
A cattle prod so I can perform anal probes on the aliens. It's pay back time baby!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I supposed there are a number of questions that arise when you start to think about it. Would there be sources of energy to power your media devices? Would they survive the trip back with the environmental conditions and such from said trip. What would be the the BEST thing to bring with you.

I think the answer is simple, paper and pen. Actual media. Something to physically recordy our thoughts. Some of the most amazing things I have seen where drawn on paper. Easy to travel with as well. You could put it in your coat. Easy to access and travel with. You could write things down in your own words so you wouldn't have to analyze things later it's already in paper.

If there was an effective way to bring media devices and use them sure, why not.

However, I think if you were gonna make a trip across the universe you would want to be as conventional as possible is what I guess I'm trying to say.

Just to throw this in there I might want some xanex to keep myself in check for the mostpart. I don't know how well I would deel with such a shock. I don't think anyone would know. I think I would have to slow down my nerve impulses so I could take it all in. Or at least some weed? (maybe even share) Wander what kind of anti-anxiety drugs they got in the alien home world. Maybe bring some back? Hey it's all good right?

It's a lot you know. Nothing you know would be there. How would you survive, you gotta eat dont you? Wouldn't a spoon be just as good of an idea? What kind of food would you eat, could you eat it, how? Would you need some food?

Again, toilet paper? What if aliens don't you know... #1... #2!? There differences may be greater than expected.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a solar-powered oxygen generator would be my choice. just in case there isn't any.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
A gun would be the best option.

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a camcorder? right so you could bring video of aliens back, post them all to ATS and have everyone scream Hoax!

5 gallon jar of Lunesta....I can't catch a wink where i am at. Why not guarantee restful sleep on another planet after your senses are overloaded with the unbelievable things you will see?

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by chapter29

Chocolate, because quite simply chocolate is the best thing humans have ever invented.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join