It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Bacon,
Sausages,
Hash Browns,
Beans,
Fried Egg,
Slice of Toast or Eggy Bread

and a good ol' cuppa' tea

I couldn't give two flying f**ks if its healthy or not but its damn nice

You've gota die sometime and from something, if the bacon and the eggs dont get you then cancer will, and i know for sure i'd rather die of a heart attack from bacon than from cancer!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
And you people call yourselves conspiracy theorists? BAH!

All you know about nutrition (most of you) is what you've been TOLD.

Refined sugars and carbohydrates cause diabetes.
Canola oil is a USDA approved pesticide.
Margarine is nearly plastic, even flies are smart enough to know it's not food and won't touch it.
Most processed vegetable oils have to be bleached, deodorized, and dyed before you would eat them because the heat and pressure of the processing makes them go rancid.
A muffin made with bleached flour and refined sugar and some pesticide-sprayed, chemical-laden, genetically modified, picked green and far from fresh fruit is not a healthier breakfast than bacon and eggs.
Nearly all pre-packaged, heavily processed foods have most of the nutrients taken out of them before they ever hit the grocery store shelves, and instead they're filled with empty calories and refined carbohydrates. If you knew about some of the stuff that was in your food you'd puke.
The old USDA food pyramid was nearly identical to the feed ratios for fattening hogs.

Give me a couple of fresh free-range eggs and some bacon from a pig that hasn't been overfed on GMO corn and artificially fattened with hormones and fed antibiotics all its life, and I'll have a healthy breakfastl.

You like conspiracy theories? Set Roswell and 9-11 aside for a day and check out the FDA, the USDA, and the multi-billion dollar packaged food industry. You're being poisoned every day and you don't even think about it.

Let the flaming begin: I'm ready.

Thanks for your contribution Heike. It's not that these people don't know the truth. Many of them choose to ignore it for the sake of being able to eat the foods they've always enjoyed since they were kids. It's what they've been raised on so they have to defend their right to eat cancer-causing heart attack food.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I do not like green eggs and ham, not in a boat, not in a car, not in a tree... now Sam leave me be!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Sorry mate just thought I'd bring up another disgustingly nice food since black pudding was mentioned!

If your gonna throw yours send it this way and it will gladly be eaten.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
'cause they are yummy!

And if you go to this place called a "gym," you can eat stuff like bacon and eggs on occassion. I don't know anyone who eats that daily. I usually eat oatmeal, a bananna, or something that's not time consuming. Some nights or weekends, I will make bacon and eggs. Or often something more complex, I love cooking.

Bacon and eggs are fairly staple, simple foods. They are healthier for you by far, than some processed gunk your body can't figure out. If you actually exercise, you don't have to eat like a caveman.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

Is your crusade to change Americans diets or something? Young man, there are things more damaging than pig bellies and chicken embryos. What about your immortal soul? Are you also concerned about that?

Or will you just hold on to your beliefs, what you've been raised to believe or taught, so that you can pretend that it really matters what you eat? I eat absolute crap, or nothing at all, but I know for a fact that it is irrelevant.

If human arrogance wasn't causing so much death in the world it would be funny. You actually think that their is a physical/material solution to human longevity?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Rofl! It's all yours mate. Seize your jaws around that drool. I commend you for your gastric reconning. You know...I am so whacked I just my like that junk. I've never had it. I'll throw it then eat it. Bugs and grass be damned.

[edit on 8/6/2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
After slaving through all of the horrific responses I've receiving, I believe I've found the response I've been looking for. I credit sp00n1 for this. Looks like a man named Edward Bernays is the culprit responsible for mass brainwashing of millions starting with of all people, medical physicians, which doesn't surprise me. According to Source Watch:

In order to promote sales of bacon, for example, he conducted a survey of physicians and reported their recommendation that people eat hearty breakfasts. He sent the results of the survey to 5,000 physicians, along with publicity touting bacon and eggs as a hearty breakfast. www.sourcewatch.org...

This explains it all. Thanks sp00n1

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
After slaving through all of the horrific responses I've receiving, I believe I've found the response I've been looking for. I credit sp00n1 for this. Looks like a man named Edward Bernays is the culprit responsible for mass brainwashing of millions starting with of all people, medical physicians, which doesn't surprise me. According to Source Watch:

In order to promote sales of bacon, for example, he conducted a survey of physicians and reported their recommendation that people eat hearty breakfasts. He sent the results of the survey to 5,000 physicians, along with publicity touting bacon and eggs as a hearty breakfast. www.sourcewatch.org...

This explains it all. Thanks sp00n1

You think it takes propaganda and brainwashing to get people to eat Pork? Are you insane? Mothers in Haiti are feeding their children dirt that's been fried up into cakes. Ridiculous, unrepentant arrogance. Drop a pig on that island and see what happens to it. Everything but the squeal.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Heyyyy you'd be suprised how tasty bugs and grass are with the right sauces, cockroaches, ants, crickets even certain frogs are alll good after a night out

Gotta watch the ants though there spicy and its like you've eaten a vindaloo when it comes to the morning

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Hey FB,

I found the description of grits for you.
en.wikipedia.org...
They are really good with butter and cheese or just butter.
Some people add a little milk while they are cooking to make them creamy.

As for Black Pudding.... I may try that someday.
Tell us about some other foods you have in England. I would like to try some of them.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by MagicaRose]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

LOL...silly topic though hope this helps:
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Now your killing me Fred. I looked at my speggito can today like it was the devil. You are way cool.
Answer to you querrie.
A ghost?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by oceanaut1

This is simply ignorance exposed to the masses. I don't see one healthy ingredient on that plate.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
In order to promote sales of bacon, for example, he conducted a survey of physicians and reported their recommendation that people eat hearty breakfasts. He sent the results of the survey to 5,000 physicians, along with publicity touting bacon and eggs as a hearty breakfast.

I had never heard of him before today but thank God for Edward Barnays. A true hero for his bacon related efforts.

After all, without his good work bacon may have gone the way of the dodo! Then the Italians would have forgotten how to make pancetta! The world would soon have spiraled down into a pork-belly-based-productless abyss from which mankind may have never recovered. We'd only have Bacos and that's not a nightmare world in which I want to live.

So raise a rasher of crispy, smokey goodness to Edward Barnays. A real man of genius.

I learned something today. Neat!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
You would be surpised what you eat if hungy enough. Said by Brother of the holy cross who did a tour in Africa.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, i eat bacon and eggs 90% of the time. I wake up about 5:30am roll out of bed at 6am-50 pushups-big glass of water-supplements-grab my premade B-fast ( i make 3 days worth of breakfast ) toss it in the micro put the coffe on.

I eat two large organic brown eggs one piece of organic peameal bacon on an english muffin(whole wheat) with two pieces of organic cheese(old ched) A couple mugs-o charr (also organic and free trade) with brown sugar. Then on my way to work i eat a banana or an apple (sometimes both)

I defy any (non veg) person to name a better breakfast. Thats pretty damn balanced.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Retikx]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You gotta try these things when the opportunity arises the thai's introduced me to it when I was over there! I'll admit I was skeptical of eating bugs at first but after crunching on a few I was sold

Now eating sushi octopus is another matter...it looks like white rubber with suckers and it tastes like...fishy flavoured white rubber with suckers.

I still kept it down though!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Can I come over tomorrow Ret? Sounds like you have it down to a science. I'm lucky if I get in a glass of milk.
Ok Fred.....now you are bugging me out. Termites ...yummy.
Sorry board. I know my addage is lagging tonite.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

My hens and hogs make more than I can eat..=D my dogs are very well fed. Come on over youve never had a breakfast like a true homemade bfast.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join