It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bacon and Eggs - Not My Idea of Breakfast!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I understand where the OP is coming from. On a scientific basis, the prepreaion of these foods only pack them with unhealthy fats and oils (don't ask me to explain, it's a bit over my head, but a sceintest named Udo Erasmus has worked all this out). I alsow know for a fact that having a diet consisting primarily made of such foods over most of your life will result in a verry painfull last few months of life. The idea of having some fruit for breakfast, along with a grain, maybe blueberries in oatmeal or something, would be verry heathy.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
The Big F-in Burrito...

What you need...

Egg's 4-5
HUGE tortillas(over a foot in diameter AT LEAST, i have these mexican ones that are 2 feet)
Hash-Brown
Meat(Sausage, Ham, Bacon)
Salsa
Vegtables

Make the Scrabled Egg like i described above, with chopped onions, cream cheese, bell pepper, and any other vegtable you want, Jalipinos are good too.

The Hash-browns are going to be the Base of the Burrito, fry them up good, and spread them out on the tortilla...

Scrable up the eggs, and throw them on top
add any meat you want
then add some fresh salsa on top

Then Wrap the ting up... The HAsh-browns should ABrosb any leakage

I like my sandwhich more, but one of my biddies is a Burrito guy ALL the WAY, so, we made this too...

Same rules apply, this is a monster burritto...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Bacon, eggs, pancakes, sausage, grits, all cheap food back in the day and packed with calories for when most people did physical work. I look forward to some eggs with bacon or sausage once a week or so.

Weenie food nazis will probably try to ban traditional breakfast for being unhealthy, or cruel to animals or whatever one day, so for now I will enjoy that type of breakfast in moderation, which is the key to healthy eating anyway.

Enjoy your fruits and nuts, but don't think for a minute you are superior or more enlightened in any way to those of us who have a taste food that we grew up with.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
bft, will definately get to the states in the next 2 or 3 years and may just hold you to that offer, sounds good to me!

tkz, now that sounds like a bang on breakfast sarnie to me, just couldn't be arsed to cook it, would have to get our lass to do it and I'd still pobably get stuck with cleaning up the mess!
(Why is it a bacon butty but a sausage or anything else sarnie?)

mcm, quality, I'm a bit Hank myself now but our lass is 2000 miles away in Gran Canaria, (just me and the dog), and after a few cold ones and
i've got a bad case of the munchies but I daren't let myself loose in the kitchen!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by smokingmonkey

Omg...

Your probaly right...

We are probaly just one election cycle from some Facists in the American Political sysetem trying to Ban types of food THAT THEY FIND BAD...

Its already happening...

Go to some California Coastal town, and ask for some freach fries... GONE... BANNED...

The same people that work to Ban Trans-Fats, and Soda pop, are the same ones who legalize Hardcore drugs, and shooting galieries for junkies...

Trans-Fats Bad... Trans-Sexuals good...

They don't understand the Basic principal of Freedom... only tryrany and facism are thier means...

But lets get back to food...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

Lol, thats sounds awesome....wouldnt have it more than once a year though. Alternatively, you could just make a club sandwhich using poptarts with a stick of butter as the filling

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   

i was in cali, monterey to be precise, they had french fries, and i loaded it with cheese. mmmm good stuff.

i love bacon eggs and potatoes. with a side of toast. i actually dont eat it that often. sometimes i just go with eggs and potatoes with toast. bacon
i love bacon but its so bad for you.

to sum it up. i love bacon and eggs because it tastes good. generally i like to eat healthy.

just a question: why else would you eat bacon and eggs?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Lol, thats sounds awesome....wouldnt have it more than once a year though. Alternatively, you could just make a club sandwhich using poptarts with a stick of butter as the filling

HAHAHA....

Oh man...Im not claiming that the thing is healthy, and only should be eaten by those that are ABNORMALY BRAVE...

But on a day, when you want to eat like a KING, make yourself that... mabye once a week, is too much, mabye once a MONTH is better....

Its funny, this thread is the biggest thing going on right now on ATS...

Breakfast is the BEST...

Club sandwhich of pop-tarts and BUTTER...

HAHAHA... i hate butter... i rarely use it, i bought like 2 sticks of Butter 10 months ago, i still have a stick and a half yet...

I NEVER put butter on my sandwhichs, or anything... just use it to cook...

--

TO the person below me...
You should double check your facts... i dont think an Egg comes from the Chickens butt... i think it comes from somewhere CLOSE, but not the butt...

[edit on 8/6/2008 by TKainZero]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I find both to be disgusting.
One comes from a chickens butt, the other from a dead pig.
Gross.
Fruit, or toast thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Its funny, this thread is the biggest thing going on right now on ATS...

Indeed.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Food for thought methinks!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubyGloom
I find both to be disgusting.
One comes from a chickens butt, the other from a dead pig.
Gross.
Fruit, or toast thanks.
well if you want to look at it that way, the food your talking about has been urinated on at one time or another, plus fertilizer ( crap )
oh i could go on and on......mainly i wanted to comment and tell you to be careful.....................you might fall off your high horse.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I have to say for me it was really all I knew. It's what I grew up with. Breakfast sandwiches, eggs and pancakes, etc. All that's changed since I got my first cholesterol test recently, though! Now it's eggs and bacon/sausage as a rare treat and cheerios w/ skim milk & bananas or berries most mornings!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Knowledge

The nephew of Sigmund Freud and the father of the PR industry created a campaign to promote bacon sales. You can read about it here. Not sure if you were fishing for this answer but it was one I had recently come across in my reading up on Bernays. He is a fascinating person that every American should know, as he has more to do with how we live our lives than most presidents or the founding fathers.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I saw a little old lady that lived to be over a 100 say her secret was eating bacon and eggs for breakfast and a shot of whiskey at night.

I could not imagine just eating fruit for breakfast. I would be hungry with in minutes. Breakfast is suppose to be big and you eat less and less as the day goes on.

of course i like to body build and have plenty of protein.

[edit on 6-8-2008 by Optix]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Knowledge
Can anyone explain to me why or even how bacon and eggs became such a popular breakfast food. Personally, I'd rather eat fresh blueberries, apples, a frozen fruit bar, raisin bread, or other healthy fruit-based foods. I mean after all, when I think about bacon and eggs, all I can think of is clogged arterties, quadruple by-pass surgery, digestive disorders, and other other wreaks of havoc on the human body. Can anyone explain to me why they would rather eat bacon and eggs other that they like the taste? I personally believe an answer like that only explains the weak, simplistic state of mind many Americans express on a regular basis, and a direct reflection our mindset/approach to health or lack thereof. Somebody please, humor me!!!!

[edit on 8/6/2008 by Mr Knowledge]

Hmm, this is because eggs and bacon are the staple of the traditional fry-up aka The English Breakfast. Trouble is that people don't add the healthy elements to their diet and the meals they eat (like tomatos for example.) So the can be very healthy!
Don't forget that tomatos are eaten (or should be eaten) with a fry-up anyway and you just have to be in a very hardworking, outdoor environment where all the stored energy gets used. If the stored energy turns to fat then the problems start. This is factor no1
So if you are an office worker eating this every day then you will end up with complications later in life.
It also depends on whether you have a high-metabolism or not. This is factor no2.
The drop-off of manufacturing work in the western world and the rise of the 'office class' is one reason we see more and more of the traditional 'fry up' getting a bad rep.
Your diet is a healthy one. Well said!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I know up north especially Bacon and Eggs are the breakfast for most people, in the late 1800 early 1900's in Alaska when fresh eggs were rare due to the winter shipments being late they would season the old eggs with Tabasco suace, and thats one of the reasons Tabasco is so popular up there on eggs. Also people would eat twice a day, once in the morning, work hard labor( railroads, roads, timber, etc) with not much of a lunch. And dinner being the main meal. So eggs and bacon were high in fats and calories to help keep the the "coals burnin" up for the Cold weather. Thats also why people were skinny back then, Hard labor+lower food intake=skinny bod.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
It all "boils"
down to how we were raised, our parents were raised, their parents..etc. Sort of a sick chain that needs to stop. If there's ANY healthy benefits from eating ANY kind of (pig)pork, please let me know. Even the Bible (which I know is a constant debate here) claims not to eat the little guys (Leviticus 11:3...I think). I stopped eating pork almost 2 years ago and haven't got sick yet (knock on wood). The real conspiracy is why they put bacon on EVERYTHING?!? Especially the chicken and bacon sandwiches. That, to me, sounds like the worst combo ever...YUCK!! I don't understand it.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Eighty59

it is ok for bible thumpers to eat pork, it is in the book you mentioned but you have to understand the bible to know. so learn before you speak of such things.

i love chicken sandwhiches with bacon. im an active person so i can eat bacon, however, as previously noted, its a matter of metabolism and how active you are.

is it just me or is there alot of comments from people that are on high horses. whats disgusting is people looking down on what you eat.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
Bacon (well done)
Fried eggs (yolk not too runny but not hard)
Baked beans.
Hash Browns.
Sausages.
Black Pudding.
Mushrooms.
Fried bread.
2 slices toast (must be white bread) with butter.
(I prefer mine with a bit of Brown Sauce but the uncultured prefer tomato ketchup, LOL)

Oh, nearly forgot, and a piping hot cup o'char!

My mouth started watering really bad as I read this! lol...

I dont know much about what each bit of food I eat does to my body but surely some of these if not all have at least some good effects on the body!? Your arteries are only gonna clog up if you eat this then sit on your backside doing nothing! Excersise is your friend!

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
You cant beat a good old FULL ENGLISH especially if you are staying at a hotel or bed & breakfast. Failing that a Bacon sarnie with loads of Daddies Sauce on it.

I once had curry for breakfast whilst staying in the Maldives. By all accounts thats what the locals have for their breakfast ...... it was a bit different and odd is all i can say.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join