It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many kinds are there?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I recently stumbled onto this website because I am fairly new to the idea of looking for aliens. I had a strange experience when I was about 12, at a football game but have never persued it until now. This glowing disk about 18 inches across came close to the crowd and hovered for a minute. Everyone around me was looking at it and asking what it was. It quickly retreated back in the direction it came from and it was as if it never happened. Everyone was watching the game, no one was talking about it or even acknowledging what had happened. So, I ask the person sitting by me if they knew what it had been and they looked at me as if they didn't know what I was talking about. I know this happened, but have never been able to explain it, nor has it happened again. I am almost 30 now. Can anyone help me explain what happened?

Also, there is a site called ufomaps.com with reported sightings. A lot of the descriptions are the same for the ship styles. There are about 3 that mainly stick out to me from the reportings. (Triangular, Disk, Cigar shaped) Do you think these are different types of aliens or the same type with different ships? I am just curious as to the oppinions of everyone else. Thanks.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
hi,it has been said that there are 52 diffrent type of alien beings but personally i reckon there is alot more.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Enigma7221

What you saw was most likely a drone which was launched remotely from a larger ship higher up. Yes those are the three most common types of craft and i have heard there are something like 47 different species known to man and 4 who visit earth regularly. there are tall greys short greys, ones that look lot like humans, and reptilian. There are also the ones that crashed in bazil. They have brown skin red eyes and three ridges that run along the top of their heads.

I suggest that everyone in the world should go on youtube and watch the following videos.
1.The full disclosure project 1-24
2.Absolute truth of ufo's & govenment agendas. Important 1-10

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I'm sure there are infinate amounts of different flying saucers. Considering the fact that there infinate amounts of 3d rendering and photoshop options
.....most common I believe and either sphere or disc.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Well if you dig a little deeper into the subject and not just online you will find that your right the 3 most common are the disc, cigar, and the triangle although I think that the triangle is a more recent one it has replaced the crescent.
In old text you find references such as Alexander the great taking note of great flying shield that harassed his men or the Egyptian story of flying spheres of light that shown greater than the sun etc.

I believe the newer triangle to be nothing more than multibillion dollar defense spending from the pentagon

IMHO

SLAY

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Yeah... I am on with ya on the photo shop and rendering programs considering I took Drafting and Design in College. Thanks for the input.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks Slay. I will research more.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well you have:

Orbs

Saucers:

Cigar shaped:

Pure light craft:

Water UFO:

Cloud UFO
which could be real, but most likely are just clouds....) Makes a good camouflage

Triangle:

Shape Shifting:

Not to mention USOs (Unidentified submerged objects), which are the same as above, just come from out of the water.....Your story is fascinating! I hope some of these pictures help rejuvenate your memory....

I think some of the bigger ones are aliens (many different species). Most of them are just scouting craft, sent to gather information and report it back........

You most likely saw a scouting type craft.

Ill post back if I remember more.....

[edit on 6-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

[edit on 6-8-2008 by IMAdamnALIEN]

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I had an aunt who witnessed a flying disc of about 5 ft in diameter. There are reports of smaller objects including 18" discs like you described. So no, your not crazy.

What kind of football game? High school ball?

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Actually, at that time, it was a junior high football game in the deep south. It was a pretty small school. Thanks for the relay of the other story. It makes me feel better to know I am not the only one who saw something like this. I still don't understand why I am the only one who remembers it though... or admits to remembering at least.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

You should study human psychology. It's a fascinating field, easily understood by the "layman," and there are people who make a very good living off it.

To answer your question... most people simply filter out things they don't understand. People have become accustomed to thinking they are the end all be all. Think about it. People have grown up in a culture thinking:

1) Earth is the only planet supporting life in the solar system.
2) Humans are by far the most intelligent beings on the planet.
3) If "aliens" come here they would probably be somewhat similar to us and would land in a public visible area to greet fellow sentient beings.

So seeing a glowing disc means nothing to them. I think this is why many people don't speak about close encounters unti much later. It takes a long time to really "sink in" to their mind. Surely the brain must run like a computer in that it tries to identify what the object could be...

• was it a bird?
  • was it a bug?
  • was it a plane?
  • was it a helicoptor?
  • was it a radio controlled plane or helicoptor?
  • was it a frisbee?
  • was it fireworks?
  • was it light reflecting off whatever?
etc..

After going through every scenario the brain will run the program again. I believe this to be involuntary. The human brain would rather believe that a secret mad scientist lives in the hills and makes these things or that they simply didn't get enough sleep and imagined the whole event. A non-terrestrial explanation just doesn't compute. It's like a computer that doesn't have the right software loaded in it. Psychology is powerful stuff.

I'm not saying what you saw was 100% ET. I don't know what you witnessed. I'm just relating my feelings on how the mind copes with such a scenario..

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Your right, I probably would enjoy a more in depth study on human psychology. I liked my basic psych class in college. We did a study on how people related to each other through body language. It was pretty cool.

I have thought about the possibilty that everyone just blocked it out, as if not thinking about it would mean that it actually didn't happen. I guess the science minded part of me couldn't just let it go with that. I try to figure out what is happening to be and try and find a reason for it. (Like you were saying about the computer mind randomly going through the list of possible explanations.) I was not raised to believe in anything unexplained. Anyway, I am rambling... thanks for your answers. I have enjoyed everyones responses so far.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
No problem. Welcome to ATS.

You came to the right place to tell your story.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
We don't have any proof that aliens exist and therefore we don't know that there are any "ufo's" or space craft.

I like to think that there are other life forms out there, that are intelligent and travel to our universe and planet.

Right now we just don't know, so how can we know "how many different kinds"? We just can't.

Don't give up though, keep looking to the skies and for goodness sakes, keep a camera handy.

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I'll do that. It has been handy to have a cell phone with a camera on it. It takes pretty clear shots and video, even while moving.

I know there is no way to really know 100% for sure how many species or ships there are, at least not yet. Its nice to hear the information, stories, facts, theories, etc. I have been reading some of the other threads and I find this website fascinating. It's like, where have I been this whole time not to have found it. The people here are also great and very helpful. Well, going to read more. Later.

top topics

join