It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have to get this out into the open!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Never have I ever been so scared in my entire life, I am in complete and utter shock. I work orders for the Marine Corps. I am an 0151 a pencil pusher. Tonight I had fire watch and my post was headquarters MAG-31. I received a call that the base was going to be on lockdown because of some classified reason. Anyway I was at my desk and got a call to help one of the NCOICs at another post locate a (please dont laugh I am dead serious) ape of some sort.

YES AN APE. So I called my buddy and told him what was going on, he was like "Dude... the southernmost part of the base? There isnt a damn thing over there its all woods." He obviously thought i was messing with him. So I brought my cellphone over to the deskphone (batphone) and called back the NCOIC whom was waiting for me, I asked him if he could elaborate on the detail I was ordered on, he freaked out and told me to hurry my ass over there. I had my cell to the earpiece of the batphone so my buddy could hear everything.
"Holy sh*t dude! There are some bunkers and unmarked buildings over that way but they havnt been in use for years." He told me. He told me to gear up because it sounded like some weird sci-fi >SNIPSNIP< my pants! He went on to say that he had been informed the thing we were after was like a baboon but more humanly. So I am picturing something with fangs and claws and a big red ass. I had no idea what I would be faced with later on. I wasnt even thinking why or how, I was just watching my back as we entered the swamy forest area. I was pretty sure in all of the episodes of mutual of omaha and discovery channel they never really touched on anything even remotely close to what was being described to me... phone, I need to post this much to at least get it started if anything happens to me. Ill finish it in a bit I need to talk to my bro.

[Mod edit to remove censor circumvention]

[edit on 8/4/2008 by yeahright]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Entertaining at least. Where is your base? Pacific Northwest? Sounds like bigfoot. I much prefer a bigfoot story to a planet x doomsday story. Thanks

[edit on 8/3/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't understand... why were you on "firewatch"? Do you mean duty, where you just patrol the barracks? I can't even envision the scenario where they would take a 0151 and issue you live ammo to go hunt an ape on a remote part of the base. It is kind of beyond the scope of barracks duty. Or were you doing field ops at the time? Even then, don't most 0151's just stay back in the rear?

I am sorry, but it doesn't really add up to me.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Are you American on an American Marine base?

I only ask, because Ive never known an American to call a flashlight "Torch". All my British friends call it that though.

But of course the only thing I get on firewatch is a torch (flashlight)

And what base are you at? And what is "firewatch".

[edit on 8/4/2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
No edit, I was thinking the same dam thing. Yeah, apparently the MPs had more important things to do, maybe they wanted to keep it hush hush to some extent. I on the phone still trying to convince my friend that this really went down and he IS an MP on the base. Maybe they rounded up just the low rank pukes on watch like me. I really didnt sign up for this, they told me I would have a cake job, which it is for the most part. But this?? Just doesnt make sense to me either. Anyway after I saw the thing I wouldnt believe me either.
I promise Ill finish when Im off the phone dont flame me till Im done saying what I HAVE to say, there just needs to be a record of this somewhere. Because I know they'll just sweep it under the carpet.

[Mod edit to remove censor circumvention]

[edit on 4/8/2008 by Sauron]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Teh One

You've more than peaked my curiosity. Could have been just an escaped animal though, from some testing facility near by. Keep me informed.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Ok, screw this place, you people are supposed to be open minded, I didnt even finish and you are all flaming me already. You know, its not even a civilian matter, I just thought some people would like to know, especially those living in or around Beaufort S.C. .Now I know why people never say anything, its a complete waste of time. If you want to know what happened then send me a private message or something. Im not risking my career for deaf ears. Thanks for ruining it. Truth was revealed and shot down on ATS... wow. Jerks

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Teh One

Sounds interesting... thanks for the story... will keep an open mind at all times. For every ailment under the sun, there is a remedy or there is none! If there be one try to find it, if there be none... never mind it!

Mother Goose

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Teh One
Ok, screw this place, you people are supposed to be open minded, I didnt even finish and you are all flaming me already. You know, its not even a civilian matter, I just thought some people would like to know, especially those living in or around Beaufort S.C. .Now I know why people never say anything, its a complete waste of time. If you want to know what happened then send me a private message or something. Im not risking my career for deaf ears. Thanks for ruining it. Truth was revealed and shot down on ATS... wow. Jerks

I agree.

I've been here for quite a while and dammit, man, I agree. It's been a rude week all over the boards.

But.

You have to grow a thicker skin, buddy, because it doesn't get any better. You OBVIOUSLY know about ATS and what is discussed and how it's discussed, though so you can't be so suprised, so early. That, if you really read a bit here, is SOP, so, get off your horse and finish your story.

To all those with less-than-polite patience. I understand, but, it dismisses NOT the ATS policy and T&C rule that Courtesy is Mandatory

Chill out, let the guy at least finish the damn recounting.

Carry on, OP.

Cuhail

[edit on 8/4/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Teh One

I've gone through all the posts on your thread and not one was overly judgmental. I think you maybe a bit too sensitive. Take a look at the comments again, they're not that bad.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Yeah, I really want to hear the story. I heard a bigfoot or something else holler before so I am interested. Was the bigfoot up to something? Some say they are aliens but they look like they could be from the human family tree. Maybe they are just smart and live underground until BP drills an exploratory hole into their home.

[edit on 8/4/08 by stikkinikki]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I apologize if my post came across as "scathing", but having served in the Marine Corps myself, parts of the story don't add up. I am not passing any judgment on the ape, I am just trying to get clarification on the issues of why someone in admin would be pulling a "firewatch" and why they would pull an admin to go investigate something that would require being issued live ammo.

Those are not standard events and I thought we were supposed to "deny ignorance".

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Theres no reason to worry about a few people's response. There are tons of silent readers/lurkers ALL the time. You might as well just ignore the nay-sayers and please, finish your story.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

I think what may have upset the OP, was greeneyedleo's last comment.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Well, I removed my comment and I apologize for offending you.

The story doesnt add up....so far....so intead of waiting for the rest of it....well, you know. And some questions people asked were not answered.

Please, carry on.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Does anyone following this story think for one minute it wasn't us that "flamed" him, but the "men in black" flaming him to shut up? Because, I'm aware that most of us are quite open-minded, yet skeptical, and none of our posts were very rude, at all, in fact, quite encouraging...

Flag & star & faved & I U2U'd the guy begging for the details as nicely as I could.

~dnb~
P.S.
I know few of you have read my OP, but those who followed my post will understand when I say that Charlie agreed to "arrive", last night, when I requested it.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by dnbaudio]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dnbaudio

And, since I'm new to ATS, I'd like to know if things are always at this fever pitch? Or is there suddenly more activity on these fronts?

~dnb~

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by dnbaudio

Tonight seems to be especially active. I am not sure what is going on.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I am sorry, I guess I may have overreacted. Its just my buddy made me pick him up and drive him out where all this went down. Coincidentally the last stretch of backroad to get there was blocked off with MP vehicles. He believed me at that point. We turned around and came back here.

I would really love to be more specific about the location, people involved etc but I can't, if you can't understand why then Im sorry.

Okay, I'm pretty tired and emotionally drained so to make a long story short; It was dark and the only thing I could see were the other moon beams/torches/flashlights (all synonymous). Then a couple devil dogs aligned far off to my left started shouting, couldnt make out what, I heard a couple of burst shots from 2 weapons. The guy I was with bolted over there so fast to see what happened I didnt even notice he was gone. I heard the other guy behind me walking around like a big dumb ox, making all kinds of noise, we started walking slowly over to where all the action was. "SHHH!, >SNIP< hell man I'm trying to listen." I said.

I wanted to hear what was going on. This guy was breathing heavy and seemed like he was trying to be loud. I couldnt wait to get a look at this thing but wanted to make sure it was dead before I got there so I took my time. I clipped my flashlight back onto my blouse. "You think they gottem?" I asked. He didnt respond. Oh and his breath or body odor was rank!

As we got closer I could see a bunch of bouncing flashlights and the guys laughing. "You two idiots shot a >SNIP< pig!! Does this look anything like the description I gave blah blah or something to that effect" The NCOIC was pretty ticked off I could hear him from a good 60 paces away. Then he shouted again "We need a count off! Muster on me!" (I cant say my name so I will just say Im John Doodle ) "Where the >SNIP< is Lcpl Doodle?"

I shouted back that I was on my way. As I got closer he said who is the marine with you? I said I didnt know, I turned around to ask him and I almost fainted right there. I took one look and I was scared to the core I am telling you I have never, ever, ever felt like that before. You know how people say they were so scared they ">SNIP< their pants"? You see I thought that was just an expression, I didnt think you could get so scared you loose control of your bodily functions. I pissed myself, for what stood before me was the most wretched, grotesque, inhuman, frightening thing with long brown/stained fangs and a completely disfigured face I couldnt even tell where his eyes were. it was much taller than me about a foot or so and I'm 6'4. I couldnt move, I couldnt barley breathe, all the sounds around me were muffled, the shouting and screaming. Out of nowhere I got blindsided by another marine, he took me down to the ground and they let hell loose upon this thing. I couldnt see much after that, not much light and my face was half in the mud. But I saw the thing take hits and keep runnin. I could see the tracer rounds hitting him or close by. It had unproportionately big thick legs but it ran fast as hell. It ran out of the range of our lights and disappeared into the dark. Yeah I pissed myself but nobody said a thing to me about it. Time for bed... if I can sleep

[Mod Edit to remove censor circumvention]

[edit on 8/4/2008 by yeahright]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Dont pay the resident forum trolls and attention.

Tell your story.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join