It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this the REAL footage of Stan Romanek's Alien?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Personally I think the video is fake for reasons already mentioned.

1. Window reflection doesn't show the camera. It should be somewhere near or on the wire framed shelving.

2. All accounts of grays (if they are to be believed) including autopsy reports say that they don't have eyelids at at, let alone blink, however they do have some type of artificial lens across the eye.

3. Until a better quality version of the video is available (if it is) it's hard attest to it's authenticity.

4. It's hands are spread quite widely on the window sill. Kind of like Grover and Elmo etc from Sesame Street do. 'If' it was lifting itself up to look in, the best way (bio mechanically) is to keep your arms in close to the body. It requires less energy and far less muscle. These guys are frail by all accounts. Just an observation...

Part of me hopes I'm wrong as I'd like nothing better than for the proof of alien existence to become indisputable but at this point, I don't feel like this is it.

IRM

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I've noticed that the thread where this video was originally discussed has been mentioned twice in this thread, yet a few people are still asking if this is Stan's. Third times the charm:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As you can see in this thread, the Skeptic from the Larry King show has confirmed that this is Stan's.

edit - I'm not saying close this thread, because this is the only one with the video that actually says it in the title. Plus, the video in the other thread is no longer available.

extra edit - Now that I think about it, the fact that the video in the other thread is no longer available could be why a few people were still questioning it in this thread. Just look at the profile of the people who uploaded this video on youtube. It is the group that the skeptic from Larry King is from.

[edit on 8/4/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it's a hoax or not, but the question is: why does an alien need to look through a window? Can't these guys walk through walls, have some sort of invisibility device etc?

Think about that on these kind of videos.

Chaz.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

It just has this "REAL" feel to it.

For me, it all boils down to this. I've watched this video a number of times and every time I do, the movement of this little guy looks too natural to me to be faked. If it is a fake, it's the best damn fake I've ever seen, and I've watched a lot of UFO vids in 46 years.

As far as not being able to see the reflection of the camera, the perspective is clearly from off to the side of the window. The man probably set the camera up where it was convenient. I'm sure he's really sorry he didn't call all the skeptics to ask what angle he should use to avoid being called a fraud.

It's shocking how out-of-touch some people are with their environment that they'll call this little man a cat, or assume that the world revolves on its axis according to individual dictates regarding camera angles to capture ET.

There are a lot of children posting here. That becomes clearer as the days go by. Inexperience screams from at least half of the posts I read here on any given day.

But, that's another thread. Now back to our little friend.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a few questions came to my mind as well.

a few people say it may be a cat? im gonna have to disagree completely with that.

others are interested in the fact that the ET is not blinking, but much of the UFO culture has been hinting at hybridization for years now, its possible this is the new HYBRID who may be interested in seeing his "other" half,

now if this is just a dummy at the window etc. then thats all it is, but its not going to debunk the REAL 5% of unexplained phenomena.

i watched the ufo evidence comparison video. very interesting.

it would have been genius if stan would have placed another video camera on the rain gutter looking down at the window

it seems as if the ET actually notices the camera and simply realizes the situation. I also feel that the head jerking to the left (his/her right) is a periferal check as if looking in the backyard to make sure the coast is clear.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

It was a pleasure to read your post. You made sense. You didn't say anything grotesquely stupid.

Thank you.

Yeah, this is OT, but I'm a little p*ssed off at the kiddies right now.

To the little guy: You are always welcome at my place.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I dunno, the video just looks contrived to me.

Thanks for the post though.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Actually I didn’t even think “cat” until someone mentioned it. Then I looked at it in a different way. And once I did that, it was very cat-like indeed. Not saying it is, but if were hoaxed, this would be one way to do it. If you were take video of a cats head, and then blow it up and put it on the window, cropping out the ears, the sides of the face, the neck—just looking at the face around the eyes and nose, that would imo, be exactly what it would look like. I do own two cats (Siamese in fact), and once I looked at it in this light, it seemed very much like cats face.

The fact that there is no camera in the window is another “hmmm” moment. Why don’t see the reflection? Now, you wouldn’t, if the camera was taking an angled shot of the window, but the perspective isn’t one as if being taken from an angle, but rather straight-on.

So try that.. ignore the window, imagine yourself looking at a cats face as if through a black piece of cardboard with a hole cut in it, and you are only looking at a small part of the cats face. Just move that superimposed image left and right on the window and voila.. instant alien. At any rate, the aliens eyes seem much smaller than any account than I have previously heard.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by fleabit

Has anyone got some spare Valium? I don't think I can handle another foray into the Twilight Zone.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
*shrug* If you can't see it, that's fine. I was also baffled when reading the youtube comments, and comments here, about a cat. I was thinking that it was not even remotely feline-like. Until I looked at it in another light.

Hoax or not, I do not know. But it pays to try to figure out ways it could be hoaxed.

Again: Ignore what they claim it is. Just act as if you were looking through a hole cut in a box, and see what you can see. I do see a marked resemblence to a cats face, including the eyes (and how they blink).

[edit on 4-8-2008 by fleabit]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I'm 50-50 on this one,i want it to be true like everybody else on here and finally have the proof that we are not alone and haven't been for years.
On the other hand it could be a puppet,cat,CGI or even a child wearing an alien costume.

I'm sitting on the fence on this one,can't decide

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Jeff peckman on Larryking live.

The footage is the real deal i guess.

www.youtube.com...

fox
www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-8-2008 by monkeybus]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Without seeing the "neck" I can only conclude it's a canine or fenline. Whether the ears were taped or edited out is yet undetermined. At the 14 sec this thing blinks constantly.. and as it blind its head goes down. I can see a protrusion on the right side of its head, "taped ear"? and also on th left side it seems to have a thick neck or very large chin.

It also moves the head and for some odd reason only the "front" of the ace is illuminated. As thought the side and back part is faded out. There is also a lighter, brighter, skin tone at the 14 sec around the eyes and mouth. Could the brow and snot been edited out?

On the fence with this one.

[edit on 4-8-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
Without seeing the "neck" I can only conclude it's a canine or fenline. Whether the ears were taped

I almost destroyed my laptop by spitting hot tea all over it. Have you ever tried to attach anything to a cat? Now you're talking about TAPE!

This is it! This is the Big One! I'm comin', 'Lizabeth!

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's a puppet!

I really want to believe also, but I'm not going to believe this bald elmo

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
It's a cat! It moves it's head and blinks eyes like a cat.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Guys, guys.....you need to stop taking utter bunk like this Romanek crap seriously. Giving this hogwash legitimate discussion makes us all look bad, very bad.

Have any of you looked into the people and motivations behind this? Do it, and your questions will be answered. This junk is nothing but another black eye for Ufology, and contributes to the stereotype that, as of now, we deserve.

I can't wait until the general membership is smart enough to see this, and we can better police own own. Until then, I guess I need to live with any mainstream news story about stuff like this ending with a newscaster making an off-hand joke.

ANYONE who give this Romanek case the benefit of a doubt needs to cool it. I am sick and tired of this subject being represented by things like this.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

you actually expect more than this from a lot of the people on ATS? These are the same people that acted like I was being close minded because I said that the "Dallas UFO" footage recently was obviously, in fact so obvious it was painful to here people think it was real, a fake that was recorded in 3 places by the same person in the same car doing fake hick accents.

There are a lot of good intelligent people on this board, but there are also a lot of morons who will believe anything. The internet is open to all, like it or not.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Was this debunked somewhere? Like I said, if it's fake, they've done a damn good job of it.

Originally posted by TheStarMan
There are a lot of good intelligent people on this board, but there are also a lot of morons who will believe anything. The internet is open to all, like it or not.

This from someone who thinks this thing is a cat.

This has to be a nightmare.

[edit on 8/4/08 by Sleuth]

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sleuth

If you think this is the best fake you have ever seen then I have a bridge to sell you in Kalamazoo.

Seriously, giving this stuff serious consideration makes us all look like the fools people think we are.

And you guys wonder why this subject is laughable when you bring it up in public.....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join