It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just saw hundreds of stars but they were moving in formation...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gnihton

Did they look like stars to you? The lights I saw were in formation too, like V's.

Project Blue Beam? *Googles

[edit on 1-8-2008 by The_Glen]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I saw the same thing a couple of weeks ago in Birmingham, England.

I made a big post annonymously in the "Star Like Objects in the sky" thread but for some reason it never got posted.

It was about 2am in the morning, I looked up, and observed between 15-20 star like objects moving across the sky from West to East, for about 10 minutes; the objects appeared to be very, very high up.

An interesting side note. I live next to Birmingham International airport, after about 5 minutes of watching these objects the police helicopter took off and hovered over the airport. Normally the helicopter will fly off over my house into the city to perform a mission, but this time it just hovered over the airport, and then landed when the objects disappeared. Maybe the airport tracked these objects on radar, and sent the police helicopter up to investigate with its FLIR?

I'm 21, have always believed in UFO's, and this was my first ever sighting. Needless to say, I was very exited.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by Members Only]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Members Only

It's interesting that you say a helicopter was there at the scene because one plane flew under one of these “Stars”. I didn't think he noticed them though or maybe he did...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, the helicopter got my attention because it is not standard police helicopter behavior to take off, hover over the airport for 10 minutes, then land. As I said, usually it will take off, and fly off into the inner city to perform a mission; I can only assume it was observing the same objects as me, then again it may have been doing some tests, who knows, but it would be a strange co-incidence never the less.

One other side note. I have taken up meditation in the past month, it has been very beneficial in all areas of life, but I can't help but feel it had a slight part to play in me discovering these objects. Originally I went out into the back yard to let the cat in, but I had a strange feeling in my head at that precise moment to gaze up at the skies, almost as if I have become more aware of "things" through meditation.

Before I observed said objects, I thought I was never, ever going to see a UFO in my life, in person anyway. Now that I have seen a UFO, or I should say UFO's, I now feel as if I can see one anytime I wish, weird how that works; in fact I think I may have spotted two again last night, this time moving in the opposite direction. It has been very cloudy of a night though recently which is a bit of a bummer.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
It is very frustrating, as a newbie here, that the community is SO quick to discount postings. Is there any difference in discounting something without analyzing it than in accepting something without analyzing it? Isn't the UFO field about scientific, thoughtful skepticism?

Maybe this person saw these moving stars. Maybe it was an illusion, or was explainable, but he doesn't seem to have an agenda and has answered the questions posed by those who are asking reasonable questions.

I, for one, am involved in active investigations, and at MNUFOR, we are very careful to not discount or accept anything too quickly. I hope the users here could be more tolerant.

Simon Davidson
MNUFOR
www.mnuforesearchers.org

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
To the OP, ..... if you see this again, try to take note if they are drifting in a way that is concurrent with the prevailing upper winds. I'm not a debunker; I'm very interested in what you saw.

You can check your upper level winds at cimss.ssec.wisc.edu......... there is also information relative to this at www.wunderground.com.

I say this because if what you see is contrary to prevailing winds, then I think you really have something to look at. I think we often don't know the physicality of what drifts on the wind, but things that move contrary to it hint at the possibility of sentience

[edit on 1-8-2008 by argentus]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

When I read the description the OP gave I instantly remembered this same video because I was looking at it today!

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by absente

Originally posted by skepticsnake
The only thing i find curious is the fact that if they are in the sky, so clear to see, why have there not been thousands upon thousands of reports of these things??

exactly my question - until we find some more evidence or eye witness reports i don't buy his story.

Why don't you and skepticsnake take a look at the video link that was posted - ???? There is footage of the exact phenomena he is describing....so apparently this is happening to others regardless of whether you "buy" this one or not...

As to being reported....please....why don't you check with MUFON I'm sure they have plenty of reports for you - or do you only consider the stuff you see on "all the news that print to fit"?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

To be honest I don't think it was the weather, I mean these things stayed in formation until they were out of my sight.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by The_Glen]

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Wow I just noticed on Mufon's latest 20 reports that somebody else spotted “Star-like objects” one day before my sighting in Texas. Can someone find it and post it here? My comp is acting stupid...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
I'm in central Indiana. I know what you're saying. For the last month my wife and I have set out and seen many. Never more than two at once though. Mostly they are heading north. They do look like stars moving.
But I've never seen a star do a 120 degree turn and vanish. Also a light beam shot off of one to the east. If these are military they make no noise once they get past you.They fly extremely high and the light is white most of the time. I'm also well aware what flares look like with both Grissom and Ft. Wayne playing over the area for years. Also two times in the last month on mostly cloudy nights we've seen something big flying through the clouds. pale orange glow and no noise.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I started this thread earlier today about an amazing ufo encounter where she talks about multiple experiences she had including star-like objects. Noone bit on it but maybe it may help you to see someone else with a similar experience.

I believe you... and without knowing what exactly it is you saw, it's still an unidentified object that isn't an airplane; hence, ufo. It is disheartening how often people are patronized by those who can't comprehend such an experience. Some will only believe if they see it with their own eyes. You could have the best video in the world and people refuse to remove their blinders. To each their own I guess.

I have also seen strange moving star flashes which I posted about in this thread. However, I did not see many at once.

I think those of us who want to see are starting to see.

light and love
-anyone

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Thanks anyone for the read
Im going to head outside in a hour(12:00a.m) to see it hopefully again.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I've been lurking around these forums for a couple years now and haven't taken the jump to join, but I live in wisconsin and I have seen this same phenomenon when I had my first sighting, it is a story of itself but after i saw a "craft" I returned to my home in a suburb away from the city lights on a clear night and I heard a loud noise outside...it was winter and sounded like a snowmobile was being cranked right outside my porch, I go on my porch look up and a jet flies over me and was closer than I've ever seen a plane before and I am 30 minutes from the nearest airport.

After this I look into the sky and I see what looks like stars flying around in V formation, about 7-10 in the formation flying from west to east completely silent and I live next to woods so it was silent and you can hear high flying aircraft normally. I made a couple calls to tell what I was seeing and not even 5 minutes later I hear the blades of a helicopter, and sure enough I go on my porch and there was a helicopter flying over the woods. I go to wake my girlfriend up and she is already awake lying in bed almost crying because she never heard a helicopter that close and she didn't know what the noise was. It was almost a deafening pulsating sound and if anyone has been near a chopper before you know what it sounds like.

Anyways just saw your post and it struck something inside me that I had to post, the night of my sighting I was 100% sure there were other witnesses and I looked and asked as far as having e-mail conversations with a local weatherman, but with nobody confirming what I know I witnessed. For me the star objects didn't really hit me as much because my original sighting was much more mind-blowing, but now that I see that you have seen this same thing in a much higher frequency it is a lot more interesting, on top of the fact that you live not too far from me. Just felt compelled to let you know that you aren't alone, most people probably just don't believe what they see, don't want to admit the implications, or just plainly never look up. I'm just sad I missed out on possibly being able to validate what you saw as it is a clear night here and I may have been able to see something as well if I had read the post earlier, good post though!

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
i believe you saw what you saw
i had a similar experience in dec 2007
i live in edmonton alberta canada
i was going out to my brothers house to install a satellite dish for him
He lives at wizard lake about an hour drive south west of edmonton
it takes us 2-3 hours to tune the sat dish in 7-10pm this whole time im looking up at the sky and everything is normal
we go inside to watch a movie and have a beer
my brother has a couple roman candle fireworks so we dicide to take my car an head 5 miles down the road and light them off we do so light them all of and head back to his house to watch another movie
so its now about 2 am and im leaving to go home
i take a final look around to see if i left any tools outside were we were working on the sat dish and i take another look up at the stars because once i head to town im not going to be seing those again for awhile
so im starring at the moon and i notice about 20-30 stars moving around slowly
the only way i could tell they were moving is by looking at the moon and then watching them get higher and higher in comparison so i think my eyes are playing tricks on me so i look down from the sky for a good half minite and look back up same thing 20-30 stars moving around
he does live about 20 miles form the edmonton airport so im thinking maybe its planes but none the less i go inside and tell my brother to get his @ss outside and take a look at this #
so we both stood there for a good 15-20 min watching these moving stars at times i was counting them out loud and got as high as 40 before i gave up and throughout the whole time there seemed to be more and more appearing not alot at once but 2-3 at a time till there was at least 50+ it didnt appear as though they were gong anywere they were moving sometimes in a formation together then a couple would head in another random direction
we kept not believing that they were moving but they were we kept looking and keeping the moon or the large trees in our vision so you could see the movement they wernt moving quick nor very far then they all just seemed to stop
it had probably been an entire half hour since start to finish
so i told my brother have fun being abducted tonight im going home
he gave me a lost puppy dog look i laughed hopped in my car and went home

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I'm not far from you in Illinois. I've seen some strange stuff recently. Like the whole sky light up green twice in two mins, other people saw it as well, wasn't an electrical breaker blowing as no one's power was out and it light up the entire sky with a strange noice. No storm, no lightening, rain, wind or thunder. To this day unsure what it was that was about two weeks ago. Since you were out there twenty mins, did you happen to grab a camera???

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well I am heading out to the boondocks this week to take the kids skiing and tubing, and have 2 cameras ready as well as a cell phone camera, 35mm, I'm ready!
This was the location where I went camping with my grandparents a few years ago and took a whole roll of film of a close up day time shots of possibly the same type craft you describe.
I did lose the roll of film as well as the electrical in my new van... After the sighting we all got dead tired and laid down to sleep for a few hours...
When we woke the film was gone and the van was dead.
Are you near a large body of water? Also has there been an unusual amount of out of season fog in your area?
Well, take care and never worry about what others on the forum have to say, just say what you have to and wait for a myriad of thoughts and opinions to surface, or not.
I for one will be scouting the Midwestern skies over the next few days...

[edit on 2-8-2008 by antar]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by diana

No I didn't bother to get my camera because it is a crapy 3.2 mega pixel camera and way out of range, they were higher than the planes.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

There is no large body of water close here, just small ponds 5 minutes away. It wasn't foggy but there were a couple of clouds. Good luck skywatching.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Glen
reply to post by diana

No I didn't bother to get my camera because it is a crapy 3.2 mega pixel camera and way out of range, they were higher than the planes.

well i have a pretty good video camera and i'm like 20 mins away from you so I will look out tonight and see what i can find!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join