It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terminator Salvation (2009)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
coming next summer

looks kind of ok
hopefully it has loads of blowing sh** up

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
haha been waiting ages for this..still got a while to go though

So is Arnie in it or not?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   
No arnie in't in it, But his character is, a younger looking Arnie look-a-like.

www.imdb.com...

So going by the history I think this younger looking Arnie should be a bad guy.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Giving this thread a bump. Here's 2 more trailers for the movie.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Oh yes. This is just one of several movies I plan to go see this may.

Terminator and star trek are the only ones I can recall at the moment but there are a couple more coming out this month that I was wanting to go see.

Anyway, After I saw the third terminator I recall saying, well they only need one more two complete the series and answer the last few remaining unanswered questions. I can't wait.

Peace and love.

posted on May, 15 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I'm getting a job at Harkins soon, so I plan on seeing this at least 3 times, lol

I wonder if the young arnie will be destroyed in this, if not, will we see the original in future movies??

posted on May, 18 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Am I the only one that thinks some of the beasties look a bit too "Transformers"? Oh well, should still be a cool flick...

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
yeah I went and saw it like 9 hours ago, it was an amazing movie.

posted on May, 21 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I saw Terminator : Salvation today.

This movie absolutely rocked.

It was an homage to many other movies, snippets of scenes from movies in history, as well as the rounding up of humans being something reminiscent of the horrific events of the Holocaust.

There was a nod to a scene from the movie, "The Great Escape" within it as well, but I won't spoil the movie. I will wait instead until other people begin discussing the movie in more detail.

[edit on 21-5-2009 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I saw it yesterday and it was perfect. Usually, when a story that has this many movies under its belt, they tend to lose focus on what's important to the audience. This is a somewhat complex story but they stayed focused and this movie was so well done compared to other stories where they kinda lost it. The action was...you gotta go see it. I would love to go watch it again with all the Terminator fans out there and have a big geeky discussion after wards with lots o' beers and meats

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree with you but most of the terminator models were introduced before Megatron showed up on the big screen. Most of the other Transformers are colorful and lack that morbid flare the terminator models give off. They look down right scary.

posted on May, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Great movie, a huge improvement over T3.

This really was a film for fans of the series. Everything from the CSM-101 appearance, the scar, the tapes, the photo, etc. Lots of homages to T1 and T2. Even the opening credits were like T1's.

My biggest complaint with the film is the music.

I liked it and I bought the soundtrack, but its missing a key element.
That missing key is the theme from T1 and T2. Some music from T2 does return, but not the theme. The drum beat/banging from T2 is in it and a more minor piece from T2 is done in acoustic guitar. I have a knack for picking up these kind of things.

My second complaint, is the Edit. 30 to 40 minutes of film was cut out to make the film PG-13 and keep a high pace. The film should have kept the slower dramatic scenes like Kate's pregancy and the brutal violence showing how horrifying the machines really are.

Other than those two things the movie was great. I personally enjoyed it more than Wolverine or Star Trek. Note I'm not saying its better than Star Trek, just that I liked it more. I'm a big Terminator fan not a big fan of Star Trek.

One thing to add, this is for Fallout 3 fans.

Lots of visuals in the film look identical to Fallout and made the film even more enjoyable for me. So now I have my hopes up that one day we may get to see a Fallout film, especially since I now know its cinematically feasable.

[edit on 22/5/09 by MikeboydUS]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Have to agree with all of the above...really a movie made for Terminator fans, and will appeal even to those who haven't seen the other movies...

So is Arnie in it or not?

SPOILER...

Yes and no. Lets just say John Connor does face this particular model again at some point in the movie.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I saw this last Wednesday and am still undecided as to how I feel about the movie.......That being said, I believe I will need to watch it again to make an appropriate decision.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I am not a fan of the quick edits and shaky camera, which seems to be the only way action films are made these days. I've seen steadier cameras in UFO vids on YouTube.

The technique ruined it for me. Otherwise, I would have enjoyed it.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I saw it the other day and enjoyed it.

There was an audible cheer in the cinema when:

SPOILER:

The 'Arnie' look-a-like finally showed up. (I could have swore it was him. Nearly identical.)

Great movie, and I'm not even a big Terminator fan.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
CONs: I lprefer T1,2,3 because they have an element of realism (taking place right in the middle of our everyday life), whereas this one was removed from our time and place entirely. But thats just a personal preference. Also, the final fighting scenes with a terminator having fire spilled over him...we`ve seen that before in others too. I also missed the liquid terminators...none to be seen anywhere.

PROs: Some awesome ideas (terminator motorbikes for instance), quick paced tension, and stunning sound-effects. Watch this on big screen with a good sound-system only. (Do not watch it on a computer or anything like that). Correct choice of actors for the roles. Feel like I want to re-watch it.

SPOILER: Arnies face is superimposed into the frame but it does not look like he appears in the movie personally.

posted on Jun, 28 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
*spoiler*

Not seen it yet but will do this week methinks...

Apparently Arnie was paid some money for his face to appear in the movie.

top topics

join