It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Navy SEAL and demolitions expert Jesse Ventura: U.S. Government Carried Out 9/11

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Once again. We face with the ultimate truth. And what bothers me the most, and probably with a bunch of other people, is that this guy won't be the last guy to say it, he wasn't the first, and I sure won't be the last person to realize this: Nobody is ever going to come out about it and the media sure as hell isn't going to share their opinion on the matter. Because the so called 'news' ... doesn't it feel like they have to say what the government tells them? That they wouldn't interveiw people who thought this, because that is what would make for a good news report. And then if they measured or took a poll and put THAT in the article of how many people thought it was an inside job, SOMEBODY might possibly get the big enough idea to go do some private investigating.

but God, if the police found out or the feds -- hint: whoever the hell knows the truth -- then you know they'd cover it up anyways.

The best thing to do in a situation that we're in with 'assuming' that were right and it was an iside job (which I was there when it happened. And it was frightening really
) is to tell others -- or lead them to things like this and allow them to make their own decision and when the time comes -- if ever need be-- follow up on each other and stick together. I mean really, thats all you can do right?

I'd like to say were a match for the government, but really...
you know.

Just never give in. Never give up.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I dont know if Jesse Ventura is a Demolition expert or not.
But it seems that Jesse has done his research on 911, and most people in the truth movement will agree with Jesse.

The evidence that has been found certainly proves it.

I dont think there is anything to Debunk here, Jesse Ventura has his on opinion from his own research.

What I am seeing in here is some of the Debunkers getting scared that people might listen to him and believe him.
This man gets media attention and maybe millions might start believe in him.

It dosent matter really what the mans back ground is, Jesse Ventura is a public figure.... and he can get the truth out.

I love it the debunkers are looking for anyway to discredit Jesse.

And we know who the "debunkers" are dont we.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by vfrickey

Would you vote with Charlie Sheen just because he says the government covered-up what really happened on 9/11? I sure wouldn't and I doubt there are many who would. If anything, I can imagine him skewing the poll in the opposite direction. Look at the responses to Jesse Ventura. People have no problem expressing their opposition to an independent former Navy SEAL/governor, let alone an actor who's widely perceived as a left-wing "conspiracy theorist." I've even heard "shut up and sing" responses to ultra-patriot Bruce Springsteen.

In any case, I didn't cite that poll to prove or even suggest anything scientific. I posted it in conjunction with a scientifically valid poll that says 62% of the American public believes the government had specific warnings of the terrorist attacks, but chose to ignore those warnings -- in response to a poster who claimed there were only "a few hundred people who don't believe the official story."

Now you can play with semantics and cite all the legal boilerplate you want. The fact is, a significant portion of the public has serious concerns about the validity and honesty of the government's official 9/11 story. After the USS Maine, Lusitania, Pearl Harbor, Operation Northwoods, JFK, RFK, MLK, Gulf of Tonkin, USS Liberty, Lockerbie, TWA 800, Oklahoma City and "WMDs" in Iraq to name but a few, they've got good reason to be suspicious.

If the government doesn't want to be the prime suspect for every terrorist incident, war or tragic event, maybe they should try telling the truth every once in a while.

[edit on 3-8-2008 by GoldenFleece]

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
The whole " 4/5ths kerosene jet fuel vs. steel/propane vs. your barbecue grill" argument is the simplest way to start the debate with our friends and relatives. Do I know the whole story? Who, what, when, where, why and how? No. But something is fishy, and a lot of people seem to have had an interest in making this horrible day happen. Follow the money, then hopefully we can have some trials. The guilty should hang. But that's just my Texas logic talking. Maybe it would be more fitting to incarcerate them in the general population. I bet we could make room by clearing out some of the folks that shouldn't have ever been jailed in the first place.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by cashlink

I really cant imagine someone not wanting the real truth. I dont believe that the so called debunkers are scared by anyones comments. Just because someone disagrees with the conspiracy and goes out of their way to prove those claims wrong, doesnt mean that person doesnt want the truth. I personally dont believe there was some vast conspiracy. However when I hear something I will, as many of the so called debunkers do too, try to disprove it. When I cannot disprove it, is when I will start to wonder. Building 7 makes me curious. Although it doesnt make me believe that there is a whole conspiracy behind 911. I will also admit that my views definitly lean one way. But those views also are not set and can be changed.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macphisto
Interesting read on Jesse. Is he a liar? Hmmmm.

www.cursor.org...

Thanks for posting that. Puts a different shine on things.

Just to be sure who was calling BS on Ventura, I ask.com-ed the piece's author, Bill Salisbury - turns out he's CMDR Bill Salisbury, a no-# SEAL from those days, all the way up to 1982:

warboats.org...

If you're interested, I found another piece by Salisbury on Ventura's claim to have hunted men down while serving in Vietnam;

www.cursor.org...

The funniest thing in the article is the quote from GOVERNOR Ventura's press guy, John Wodele, when asked to appear on Hannity and Colmes with Salisbury to answer Salisbury's questions about his war record -

"When Fox asked Ventura to respond, Wodele wrote: "The only thing we have ever said is that the UDT and SEAL designation is interchangeable and we don't have any further comment."

I have a little trouble myself believing a SEAL would have said, back before the merger of the UDTs into the SEALs, that there was no difference between SEALs and frogmen. None of the SEALs I've spoken to would have been that unassuming.

I'd say all of this goes to Ventura's credibility. If he wants to drag in the whole can of worms about whether he really WAS a SEAL, that's his decision - but it doesn't make me believe him when he makes statements about 9/11.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Jet fuel and airplane fuel is not like kerosene its an alcohol based which does burn very hot. A lot hotter than regular fuel.

posted on Aug, 4 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
IMO, this whole UDT/Navy SEAL "controversy" has been manufactured as a way to discredit Ventura. It appears to be much ado about nothing.

As the Official U.S. Navy Seal Information Web Site states, all SEAL teams were initially formed entirely from UDT personnel and all UDTs were later redesignated as SEAL Teams. Even their Vietnam mission descriptions are interchangeable:

Responding to President Kennedy's desire for the Services to develop an Unconventional Warfare (UW) capability, the U.S. Navy established SEAL Teams ONE and TWO in January of 1962. Formed entirely with personnel from Underwater Demolition Teams, the SEALs mission was to conduct counter guerilla warfare and clandestine operations in maritime and riverine environments.

SEAL involvement in Vietnam began immediately and was advisory in nature. SEAL advisors instructed the Vietnamese in clandestine maritime operations. SEALs also began a UDT style training course for the Biet Hai Commandos, the Junk Force Commando platoons, in Danang.

In February 1966, a small SEAL Team ONE detachment arrived in Vietnam to conduct direct-action missions. Operating out of Nha Be, in the Rung Sat Special Zone, this detachment signaled the beginning of a SEAL presence that would eventually include 8 SEAL platoons in country on a continuing basis. Additionally, SEALs served as advisors for Provincial Reconnaissance Units and the Lien Doc Nguoi Nhia, or LDNN, the Vietnamese SEALs. The last SEAL platoon departed Vietnam on 7 December 1971. The last SEAL advisor left Vietnam in March 1973.

The UDTs again saw combat in Vietnam while supporting the Amphibious Ready Groups. When attached to the riverine groups the UDTs conducted operations with river patrol boats and, in many cases, patrolled into the hinterland as well as along the riverbanks and beaches in order to destroy obstacles and bunkers. Additionally, UDT personnel acted as advisors.

On May 1, 1983, all UDTs were redesignated as SEAL Teams or Swimmer Delivery Vehicle Teams (SDVT). SDVTs have since been redesignated SEAL Delivery Vehicle Teams.

www.sealchallenge.navy.mil...

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by tide8888
Building 7 makes me curious. Although it doesnt make me believe that there is a whole conspiracy behind 911. I will also admit that my views definitly lean one way. But those views also are not set and can be changed.

Wouldn't the government's (NIST's) inability to explain WTC 7 make someone more than a little curious?

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
For anyone to say that they think a bunch of arabs with box cutters hi-jacked those planes and had enough talent to fly them the way they did is a complete idiot.

There is no way those buildings fell the way they did because of Jet Fuel. There is no way building 7 could have fallen in any way shape or form without controlled demolition. Building 7 sustained no damage enough to make it fall from the other buildings falling.

I can't believe there are people defending the official report. This was so incredibly obvious, the Bush administration had EVERYTHING to do with the entire 9/11 incident. How can anyone not see it?

What reason does anyone have to ignore the obvious?

Any debunkers who spend their time slamming Mr. Ventura and questioning his credentials are certainly doing it just to wind everyone up here on ATS. The questions they pose, over and over asking for his experience, and proof that he has actually blown up a 110 story building are so childish, ignorant, and self incriminating as to them being an immature little imp, who doesn't have enough brains to melt ice outside in the summer, that I'm surprised that anyone responds to their posts.

For the inteligent people here on ATS to waste time responding, is just taking time away from inteligent discussions we could have, which are worth reading and responding to.

I would like to see the people here for real discussions ignore the antagonistic people who will find something wrong with everything just to do it. There is clearly no thought or rationale behind what they do. They simply argue for the sake of arguing. They do it to make themselves feel as if they are more inteligent or superior to the real concerned citizens of this country who have a genuine problem with the fact that our government may have had something to do with 9/11.

There is much more than a reasonable doubt that the government DID have something to do with it. There are so many things that point to massive involvement that it can not be ignored. I believe 100% that the government had EVERYTHING to do with it. I'm not even going to cite the painfully obvious facts that put 99% of everything the government claims as a total lie.

There are so many obvious things and so many ridiculous explanations by the OFFICIAL people that the debunkers of conspiracy are simply ignoring reality and have their minds made up before even considering the facts.

Furthermore, I am willing to bet that ALL of the debunkers are people who are non humanitarian people who like the idea of our military killing people of other countries as if it's the same thing as winning a football game. Winning a fight or winning a contest of any kind is something of a macho contest. This is due to their lack of intelligence.

To defend your country or anyone who is in the wrong regardless of who it is, just because it is the side you're on is a true sign of ignorance.

Wrong is wrong no matter how you slice it. It's like a parent defending their child for beating up another child in school over a simple arguement over an opinion in history class.

The only way to make something better, to have moral fiber and integrity, to be respected in the eyes of all is to admit when something is wrong and correct it. To deny you're wrong and to defend actions that are clearly moraly wrong just make you look ridiculous in everyone elses eyes.

Just because some people in this country condone what Bush and his administration have done, and believe the excuses they've given and their explanations, doesn't mean that it isn't obvious to the rest of the world.

The damage they've done to this country's reputation and the respect we once had is going to affect us negatively for many years to come.

Someone in this world has to have the wisdom and integrity to stand for what is right, which supercedes greed and misguided muscle. Respect not fear will keep people from attacking us.

Bully's never win in the end.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
My lette​r re: getti​ng some facts​ strai​ght about​ Jesse​ Ventu​ra.​ If you have any doubt​s,​ read the citat​ions.​

Dear Milan​,​

Regar​ding your 14 June 2008 artic​le on fake Navy SEALs​:​ http:​/​/​www.​ post-​gazet​te.​ com/​pg/​08166​/​88991​0-​85.​ stm,

I appla​ud your artic​le but feel it neces​sary to alert​ you of one incon​siste​ncy that must be addre​ssed.​ You menti​oned Jesse​ Ventu​ra is an authe​ntic Navy SEAL.​ This is untru​e.​

Jesse​ Ventu​ra is a fake SEAL.​ He never​ "​hunte​d man"​,​ as he asser​ts.​ Jesse​ did serve​ overs​eas on UDT 12 along​side Amphi​bious​ Marin​e Batta​lions​,​ but evide​nce large​ly sugge​sts that as part of a UDT, he never​ even set foot on land in Vietn​am,​ Cambo​dia or Laos;​ rathe​r,​ he spent​ the major​ity of his servi​ce on ships​ in the South​ China​ Sea, and did in fact land in the Phili​ppine​s,​ where​ his real name (​Janos​)​ appea​rs on the base baske​tball​ team'​s roste​r.​ Note that real SEALs​ did not have much time for recre​ation​ in the Vietn​am War.

http:​/​/​www.​ curso​r.​ org/​stori​es/​seal_​or_​udt_​4.​ htm

Altho​ugh certa​in organ​izati​ons stand​ by his ludic​rous claim​ that he rates​ the SEAL title​,​ spoke​smen for these​ organ​izati​ons tread​ light​ly when in the publi​c eye. The polit​ical ramif​icati​ons of expos​ing Jesse​,​ along​ with the possi​ble damag​e to the SEAL brand​ could​ be motiv​ators​ for these​ posit​ions.​ Priva​tely,​ howev​er,​ Jesse​ is unive​rsall​y mocke​d by the entir​e speci​al opera​tions​ commu​nity.​ Even nowad​ays,​ when his name is menti​oned in conve​rsati​on,​ someo​ne will chuck​le and say, "You mean the fake SEAL?​"​.​ A few descr​iptiv​e phras​es usual​ly follo​w.​

Curio​usly enoug​h,​ Jesse​ choos​es never​ to cite speci​fic exper​ience​s while​ in the Teams​,​ altho​ugh he rarel​y misse​s an oppor​tunit​y in debat​e to flaun​t his "​SEAL exper​ience​"​ as a quali​ficat​ion with which​ to trump​ his adver​sary.​ This is a commo​n tacti​c used by impos​ters who must stick​ to gener​aliti​es or commo​nly known​ tidbi​ts in order​ to avoid​ expos​ure.​ If asked​ for speci​fics after​ he bring​s the subje​ct up, Jesse​ feign​s a solem​n look and dupes​ the quest​ioner​ into think​ing his memor​ies must be too painf​ul to recan​t.​ I have never​ seen a real opera​tor act in such a way.

http:​/​/​www.​ youtu​be.​ com/​watch​?​v=​Sm2we​LS5gJ​4
http:​/​/​www.​ colbe​rtnat​ion.​ com/​the-​colbe​rt-​repor​t-​video​s/​16501​9/​april​-​07-​2008/​jesse​-​ventu​ra

What is parti​cular​ly unacc​eptab​le is Jesse​'​s usage​ of his fraud​ulent​ "​SEAL exper​ience​"​ as his sole quali​ficat​ion to back up loony​ 9/11 consp​iracy​ theor​ies.​

http:​/​/​video​.​ aol. com/​video​-​detai​l/​jesse​-​ventu​ra-​on-​opie-​and-​antho​ny-​04-​08-​08s-​video​/​86174​1154

Jesse​'​s asser​tions​ of gover​nment​ invol​vemen​t (​speci​fical​ly with respe​ct to 7 WTC'​s colla​pse)​ are naive​ and highl​y specu​lativ​e.​ Nonet​heles​s,​ few if any will quest​ion what speci​fic insig​ht "​SEAL statu​s"​ gives​ him into the 9/11 trage​dy.​ No one wants​ to upset​ the big guy.

Numer​ous recen​t offic​ial repor​ts outli​ning the reaso​ns for the colla​pse of 7 WTC, draft​ed by civil​ engin​eers and physi​cists​,​ put Jesse​'​s claim​s to rest.​

http:​/​/​www.​ civil​.​ north​weste​rn.​ edu/​peopl​e/​bazan​t/​PDFs/​Paper​s/​466.​ pdf

Of cours​e,​ Jesse​ does not care about​ this becau​se Jesse​ lives​ in a paral​lel unive​rse where​ he is a SEAL war hero compa​rable​ to the likes​ of Dick Marci​nko,​ fight​ing a secre​t war again​st the corru​pt,​ murde​rous Ameri​can gover​nment​.​.​.​ where​ only he posse​sses the knowl​edge that can save the world​.​ Sound​s a bit like the psych​e of a profe​ssion​al wrest​ler.​

Why do I care about​ any of this?​ As a veter​an,​ I am sicke​ned by the growi​ng numbe​r of Jesse​'​s suppo​rters​ who refer​ to his SEAL statu​s as a means​ to suppo​rt his moron​ic 9/11 consp​iracy​ theor​ies.​ These​ peopl​e have creat​ed websi​tes to suppo​rt him for Senat​or and even Presi​dent.​ Jesse​ himse​lf allud​ed to the possi​bilit​y of a "​surpr​ise run" for the '08 elect​ion.​ Clear​ly,​ this is a anoth​er tall tale,​ as the trait​or and liar has defec​ted to Mexic​o due to the "​loss of freed​oms"​ in Ameri​ca.​

Jesse​ Ventu​ra is a disgr​ace to the unifo​rm,​ true Quiet​ Profe​ssion​als (​espec​ially​ the SEALs​)​,​ and this count​ry.​ The lunat​ic conti​nues to babbl​e about​ dispr​oved,​ misgu​ided theor​ies of Ameri​ca'​s Darke​st Day, while​ dragg​ing the legac​y of all veter​ans,​ livin​g and falle​n,​ deplo​yed and state​side,​ throu​gh the muck.​ Peopl​e deser​ve to know about​ this fake SEAL.​

Respe​ctful​ly submi​tted.​

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Obviously, anyone with a half a brain knows that it wasn't an 'inside job'. But that doesn't mean threads like this are pointless at all. There is a burning question here, one that is of interest to people now and will be to people in the future. That is: Why were people in the early 21st century so predetermined to believe ANYTHING that goes against "The Man"? There is a sizable swath of people that is willing to believe anything, no matter how dumb, as long as it goes against the "official" story.

If the CIA said I went to high school in Chicago (I did), you'd immediately have a couple threads here and a blog or two around the internet insisting, in the face of all evidence, that I did not.

This thread and, moreover this site, is intensely interesting. Not for the asinine conspiracy theories it brings up, but for the asinine people that believe them.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuperViking
Obviously, anyone with a half a brain knows that it wasn't an 'inside job'.

I consider myself to be a relatively intelligent person and I happen to believe that 9/11 was an inside job. As do many many other intelligent people. Given the American governments past I am much more inclined to believe that 9/11 was orchestrated by the American government rather than a bunch of cave-men conspiring to fly planes into a building.

If the CIA said I went to high school in Chicago (I did), you'd immediately have a couple threads here and a blog or two around the internet insisting, in the face of all evidence, that I did not.

That is the most ridiculous logic I have ever heard.

This thread and, moreover this site, is intensely interesting. Not for the asinine conspiracy theories it brings up, but for the asinine people that believe them.

So what is your agenda here?

[edit on 5/10/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

Obviously, anyone with a half a brain knows that it wasn't an 'inside job'.

I consider myself to be a relatively intelligent person and I happen to believe that 9/11 was an inside job. As do many many other intelligent people. Given the American governments past I am much more inclined to believe that 9/11 was orchestrated by the American government rather than a bunch of cave-men conspiring to fly planes into a building.

I'd think the government did it too if the other option was cavemen.
If you really think Middle Easterners are "cavemen" really says a lot.

That is the most ridiculous logic I have ever heard.

I thought you frequented this site?

So what is your agenda here?

Laughs.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

OK, since you asked...

If you have watched the videos of "Osama Bin Laden" you will notice they are sitting on dirt floors, surrounded by rock, they are also men. From this I derived 'cave-men'. Any serious person wishing to take on the US would not broadcast from a damned cave unless that is where they were set up and training, hence lesser technology hence cave-men. Really not that hard a logic to follow dude.

I happen to have lived in the Middle East for several years and I know probably better than you do that there are some very rich areas/countries. But on the flipside of that there is a good sized chunk that is well below the poverty line, depraved even.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

OK, since you asked...

If you have watched the videos of "Osama Bin Laden" you will notice they are sitting on dirt floors, surrounded by rock, they are also men. From this I derived 'cave-men'. Any serious person wishing to take on the US would not broadcast from a damned cave unless that is where they were set up and training, hence lesser technology hence cave-men. Really not that hard a logic to follow dude.

I happen to have lived in the Middle East for several years and I know probably better than you do that there are some very rich areas/countries. But on the flipside of that there is a good sized chunk that is well below the poverty line, depraved even.

So are you trying to imply that OBL is under the poverty line? That his operation doesn't have money?

Somehow, I doubt you know more about the Middle East than I, btw.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Here's some logic for you :

Those "cave men" happened to whoop all over the Soviet Army until they retreated.

If you are trying to infer these "cave men" could not have hijacked some planes (they've been doing this for awhile now, hmm) and flown them into buildings, then I would say that's an insult to "cave men" and terrorists the world over.

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join