It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proof Of ETs = End of major religions?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I don't know if this is a frequent question but would the disclosure and proof of Ets and other major cover ups, wound up in a major fall of religions?
would people accept the truth if that truth was far beyond comprehension?

Pardon all the disclosure threads lately, but i'm sure you know why they're coming up.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by IchooseFreewill

No, they would just say that Aliens, like the people's of earth, probably have historical accounts of the same God messengers, in different clothing and lifetimes.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, I can tell you that the Vatican has said recently that life on Mars can't be ruled out. As technology gets closer to discovering life, religion can no longer ignore the inevitability of it. If the church tells us life doesn't exist anywhere else, and we discover it, i don't believe it would destroy those religions in the least.

I think most people, despite their religion, believe life does exist on other planets, some form of life. I think it isn't so much about God these days as it is about community in a world that seems filled with the enemy.

That's not to say people secretly don't believe in God. I just think people, in this modern era, are starting to take more liberties with their personal God.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
O dear, I hope so humanity is so full of it. The human God archetype is lame and so simple minded it disgust me.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Hey guys

Well I agree with cyfire.
Just because we find life on other planets does not mean people will stop believing in religion.
Well the way I find it, religion is only a thing to make you live your life "the right way", meaning morally correct things.
No swearing, drugs etc etc.
So no even if religion was proved false, people would still believe.

Sincerely,
joshedis

p.s Sorry for the confusingness of my posts hehe
p.p.s I'm not religious

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Christians would simply look at it as another opportunity for missionary work (or to make more money). Other religions would adapt. They'd scour their sacred texts and suddenly find all kinds of passages that "obviously" refer to the aliens. Some wouldn't have any problems at all.

And we'd probably pick up a few new ones in the process. Some would worship the aliens as saviors, others would fear them as devils.

As long as somebody makes a few bucks.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yeah, proof of UFOs doesnt necessarily mean aliens.

Most christian and muslim sects would likely consider it the work of demons or angels.

Other more 'new age' universal style religions would accept aliens as just life from another planet in God's vast universe(s) of billions of planets..

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   

If ET's just show up and declare their existence it doesn't change anything from a religious perspective. Christians/Muslims/Jews could still see humans as "the crown of the creation" (demoted to creation on earth now). Don't see a big impact in any other major religion either. Until the reptilians are exposed as the master race... (sorry couldn't resist

Now if they would claim that they have played God, and actually it was them that manipulated humanity and pushed us to where we are today through genetical and philosophical selection, they would have to back it up. (And they would get an F for a #ty job too in my book, as primitive and pathetic as humanity is).

So let's say they do back it up and show us some cool 3d-holograms from their ongoing pet project since 100,000 years ago. Awesome, but there would still be people crying FAKE, (and actually there is no way of knowing for sure that it wouldn't be fake). Even if they had most of the major known exciting events in history recorded, how can you know it's not an elaborate "ET-tube" production. If they showed that they were behind Moses/Jesus/Muhammed the die-hards wouldn't believe it anyway. Talk about conspiracy material...

If they were to be helpful and gave us new technology, knowledge et.c. people would probably be inclined to believe it and go with it eventually.

As a matter of fact I have already seen messages here on ATS like "the greys will claim that they created us, - but don't you believe it, God is real, the pleiadians are the cool guys, the greys are evil" et.c

Of course I have no idea if any of them exist. God, greys or pleiadians. And if they do, would they care to help us, maybe they just are waiting for us to blow ourselves up, so they can move in.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mimer

Some people even say that greys are a bunch of "BS" and you wouldnt believe what the goverments fabricate. I appreciate your input

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Sure Greys and UFOs WOULD be a great cover-up for military projects. So maybe that is all it is...I hope its a real phenomenon, but how could I ever really know?

I'm the kind of guy that thinks seeing is believing, but nowadays I'd have to see it in real life rather than on TV to be 100% sure. And even then a UFO could just be a black ops project. You can't trust what people say either cause they can be ADD kids or just selling a book.

We all want to believe in something, and it's probably more fun that way. I sometimes envy people who are die-hard believers, if they like what they "know" to be true, good for them.

Sorry this was supposed to be about if religion prevails. It will I think. The practice and interpretation of religion changes with time (well at least Christianity) After all, a few hundred years ago it was OK with Christians to take people as slaves and make them work for you. Even if Jesus probably would have frowned on that... Nowadays Intelligent design or your own personal interpretation is accepted, a few hundred years ago you'd burn (for your own good of course) if you said such things. So what if the angels of the bible would actually be ET's? The message should be what is important, play nicely kids.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchooseFreewill
I don't know if this is a frequent question but would the disclosure and proof of Ets and other major cover ups, wound up in a major fall of religions?

Not in the least. The idea we may be alone in the universe is a product of the 20th Century. In the centuries before, it was widely accepted that there were other worlds inhabited by other beings. Nicholas of Cusa's On Learned Ignorance (1440) and Fontelle's Conversations on the Plurality of Worlds (1686) were embraced by the Church.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by IchooseFreewill
would people accept the truth if that truth was far beyond comprehension?

Pardon all the disclosure threads lately, but i'm sure you know why they're coming up.

Christianity, Muslim, and Judaism all recognize intelligent life that is non-human, so I think it would be a stretch to say that disclosure of E.T would end in the fall of religion.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I grew up in a Christian household,never once were we told that the only ones that existed was here on earth,I think it's the new religions or possibly Catholic ,I was brought up a Methodist,we believed there was other lands and other people

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
People would just start saying God created them also.
People need religion for a crutch, when life is spiraling out of control or terrible things happen they need to say "god works in mysterious ways" or " god has a plan" etc, it makes them feel like its not their fault, and that things are not really out of control.
Religion might take more of a back seat, science would probably get a little more attention by the general public than it dose now. But unless the aliens are promising an alternative to death (as religion dose) then I don't think it will ever fall.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
yes...religion would carrry on...just like what happened when evolution was introduced...they would come up with *some* explanation to fill that void that needs to be filled so desperately and furiously..

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
At the risk of being made fun of...(seems like that is the goal of this board lately)..
I noticed that your name is Ichoosefreewill and that is what caught my eye most and at the end of your message it says "EAT the cake its delicious". So far I probably don't make sense but please read my true experience..it all relates.

This is true..it happened to me.. In 1998 I was awakened at 4am by a 'being' that I felt familiar with, like an old aquaintance, and I rose from bed the next thing I knew was I was standing in a large round room. It was brightly lit and very large, there were lots of people there, humans that were under individual supervision be more of these 'beings'. I was with my 'guide' standing next to a gurney-type bed that had a person on it, a female that was resting with a sheet over her or a light blanket.
Now, I haven't heard or read anywhere where someone really described how it is when you are comunicated with telepathically, but I tell you it is not with words...or pictures. A thought such as 'don't worry' and I immediately didn't concern myself with all the other people and goings on around me. And so it was regarding the girl lightly sleeping on the bed next to me, in my mind my guide said 'tell her' and I immediately understood that I was to tell her why she should not go with them and I said to her "It is all about Free Will and your right to choose" and I guess that made the supervisor kind of angry because right away I felt the anger and the words "you don't know what free will is!!" Usually I say he spat the words because that is how it felt. I felt from him (seems like a him) that he considered God to be a rule maker and to be away from God was free will (twisted logic to me, I don't agree with the thinking, I am just relating what I experienced). They wanted her to choose going with them and not staying here was the sense of it anyway.

We then moved to the center of the room and there was a man sitting at a table eating a bowl of white creamy stuff and my guide let me know that it was ice cream. We continued moving to a table that had a cake-looking
item on it. He excitedly indicated that I should eat a piece (in my thoughts-mind he came off really proud or something, like they had accomplished something really great) anyway, I took a piece and it tasted like nothing, it was crunchy like a cracker and had no flavor. I laughed at him and said that they were trying to be like us (I was really amazed at that idea). Needless to say I was brought back home and he stood at the foot of the bed until I got in it and said goodbye.

I was really angry when I awoke a couple of hours later. I was angry that I/we follow these strange beings and do what they want of us. What the heck happens to our own will during these periods? For that amount of time we are not in control of what happens to us but go complacently along!

Next question you probalby have..what did he look like. Short, about 31/2 feet tall, very oval face and large eyes. Similar to the picture on the cover of Whitley Strieber's book ..I think Interupted Journey. You get used to him standing by your elbow anyway.

So that how the handle Ichoosefreewill and Eat the cake intrigued me to answer this thread. All true.

Religion and UFOs... I am a Christian and an abductee. I am not afraid of them and my belief is that they are fallen angels who want to keep our focus on them and not looking for God.

Peace

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   

It is a frequently asked question to be honest. I believe the answer is yes and no. Here is why:

1) Old habits die hard. The changing of the guard will happen as older folks die off and others are born.

2) People might end up merging the two ideas. Afterall, God and "aliens" could be one in the same.

3) Even as our old belief systems fall to modern times and reason, there are good lessons to be learned in those texts. I.E. Thou shall not covet they neighbor's wife. God and aliens aside... that's just good advice.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

great topic and the possibility's of religion ending or changing depends on 'who' exactly show's up or is discovered.

if your interested i discussed this recently

www.abovetopsecret.com...
does E.T. mean the end of religion ?, page 1

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

So far I dis-agree with most people's comments on this one, when ET's make themselves known they will also reveal earths history, hundreds of millions of years un-accounted for with knowledge of how the homo sapien came to be and that in itself will destroy every major religion as we know it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mimer

Straightforwardly speaking, I do not think EBE's will replace religion. However, I think Mimer is onto something here.

Technology is getting so realistic! Mimer says, "I'd 'ave to see it to believe it." Well folks it's getting to the point where you have to call in the FBI or either get yourself a PhD degree in cgi to be able to tell the difference in what is & what isn't real. So what's next? Feeling! We better sign up for an up & coming class on "feeling."

So now we ask, "what if Mr. EBE can guarantee us a "feeling" after we pass on?" EBE might be able to sell some of his feeling tickets, but I don't think it will replace what we are already promised.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join