It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA Makes Offer Flood Victims Can't Refuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
A couple weeks ago, I saw on the local news where FEMA was offering Midwest flood victims 75% of their properties' pre-flood value to buy them out.

It appears to be a great deal for those devastated by the flooding. However, with all the talk in the air of things like HAARP, weather manipulation, and simply the fact that our government is buying up private land, it made me wonder if this could have been a large-scale plan. In the least, it's disconcerting to know that FEMA is buying up large amounts of farmland along the biggest river in north America.

It definitely turned my head.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 28-7-2008 by whitl103]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
super highway anyone?

no one liners....

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
And of course this couldn't possibly be a humanitarian effort, like what FEMA is supposed to be doing. Seriously, about half the conspiracy theories in the world can be disproved by looking at similar events in China--case in point, the staggering failure of their "weather control" system.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
It does make one wonder... Actually, since I suspect the goal is for the slaves...er...citizens to have no property, being feudal serfs at best, this does indeed fit right in.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Makoto
And of course this couldn't possibly be a humanitarian effort, like what FEMA is supposed to be doing. Seriously, about half the conspiracy theories in the world can be disproved by looking at similar events in China--case in point, the staggering failure of their "weather control" system.

If it were humanitarian, they would be given the cash to rebuild. NOT have their property taken away with it.

Here we go again, you and me.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by Makoto

If it were humanitarian, they would be given the cash to rebuild. NOT have their property taken away with it.

FEMA offers a voluntary buyout of flooded properties so the victims have an opportunity to move to a safer, less flood prone, region and rebuild. Still people find reason to believe the property is being taken away. Property purchased by FEMA through acquisition is cleared and left empty.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beaverg

Exactly. The fact that they are simply buying it up and sending the farmers elsewhere to rebuild isn't so much humanitarian to me. Rather, it's like they're saying, "Tough luck, but you had your shot. Here's your deposit back, now hit the road."

Even if there is nothing sinister behind FEMA's actions, it's still a lazy effort, which should still draw discussion.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whitl103
reply to post by beaverg

Even if there is nothing sinister behind FEMA's actions, it's still a lazy effort, which should still draw discussion.

That I agree with. *In the past* FEMA actually assured families that the levees would hold *up to major flooding*. Enough so that many opted out of the flood insurance *years ago*. Then since they no longer had flood insurance they were eligible *to receive* federal aid. If anywhere, that is where to look.

*edits between stars*

[edit on 28-7-2008 by beaverg]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Does anyone know what the government will do with the properties, I know you said it will clear them and leave them empty.

But wouldn't that mean the systematic dismanteling of the US Farm system?

Farms are traditionally along rivers and lowlands, The river floods and fertilizes the fields. Yadda Yadda.

So if they all go wild? Where will our supper come from? Does anyone here remember the flap so very long ago about corn being used as fuel, contributing to world wide hunger?

What will systematically shutting down Americas most productive farm lands do?

This is not humanitarian, it is frightening in it's potential for misuse through misdirection. When the field which provided last nights meal goes forever wild, you will need to start peeling the bark from fallen trees for grubs to survive.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by Cyberbian]

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Grubs are nice in a spicy curry, skewered with red peppers.

A one-line poster mentioned earlier about the North American superhighway. Now, I'm not saying FEMA is buying property to use for the NAU superhighway, but I hadn't even thought of connecting the recent unusual disasters in the Midwest with FEMA's purchases.

I'm not saying they "caused" the flood rains or the rare 5.4 magnitude earthquake, but maybe they saw a good chance to jump on some prime real estate. Savvy businessmen, those politicians.

Speaking of businessmen and floods...
www.fema.gov...
www.cnn.com...

And flood-risk maps...
www.interflood.com...
seattlepi.nwsource.com...

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
FEMA is buying the "flood plains", the natural overflow points along rivers. It only makes sense to do so, Floods are not going to stop happening but insurers do stop insuring if you build a house or business on a flood plain. It is a guaranteed cyclic loss. When flood waters are impeded, the waters get deeper and spread out causing even greater damage.

posted on Aug, 3 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

Maybe they just want people to MOVE away from areas that are problems and not build a new house so it can be wiped out during the next flood.

They should have condemned New Orleans and told them to move it off of a flood plane.

join