It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being ANTI WAR is trendy!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
reply to post by tyranny22

Just one of the trendy masses you are! It shows too. Populist propaganda - millions have not died. More people die in two years from alcoholism in just the United States than all the deaths of civilians and military personnel combined. But that just isn't trendy! Nor or any of the other on going conflicts which have caused more death, because George Bush didn't start them

Dude how many time are you going to make that point???

More people die from heart attacks, cancer, high blood pressure, car wrecks....

The point is that the war in IRAQ was and is a huge blunder...

Why the hell are you so pro death anyways???

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Being anti-war is human. Everybody is born to be anti-war. Maybe it is trendy to be human (again).

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ALightinDarkness

Yes, I was exaggerating ... but, my entire post was satire, if you didn't notice.

I'm not sure where you get your statistics on alcoholism, but last time I checked, the Iraqi death count was much higher than the annual death from alcoholism.

Iraq Body Count

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Fact: Anti-war movements are not trendy, that is like saying people who wear their seat belts in a car are trendy.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I breathing trendy?

What about looking when you cross the road? Is that trendy?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

It's pretty easy to do whatever you want when you conveniently pick and choose which - call them what you will: laws/treaties/accords/agreements you want to follow and which you want to ignore. I guess it's pretty easy to do though, when you have the most powerful and advanced military on the planet. Screw a bunch or treaties and accords, huh?. If every single person acted in this manner (like you suggest our country should act) we'd have anarchy in the street.

I never brought up the whole NWO argument but, now that you mention it: I bow down to your hypocrisy. You are in favor of spreading democracy throughout the world, yet the NWO makes you sick? What exactly do you think you're supporting? Open you eyes.

As far as the NWO - I don't think the Federal government should have as much power as it does ... much less the U.N.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALightinDarkness
reply to post by mental modulator

You think because daddy was a researcher that this somehow gives you special insight? I guess that being my job I wouldn't know what I was doing.

You really have no idea how research works. There are certain facts, which people have researched for years. People who do their own research can therefore come to the same conclusions, because its such a well known fact. Fact: anti-war movements are trends due to cultural forces.

Being anti-war has moved from being a discussion about foreign policy to people foaming at the mouth to hang Bush and talk about the "countless deaths" which amount to nothing compared to other conflicts. I am anti-war, always have been based on the spending, and I am saddened with a absolute circus it has turned into. No one takes it seriously anymore because its been hijacked by the lunatic fringe.

[edit on 28-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

Fact': PRO WAR MOVEMENTS ARE TRENDS DUE TO CULTURAL FORCES!

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

I can't find the statistics I looked at, but really you can take your pick, any number of things kills people at a far greater ratio than the Iraq war. But these things, as I said, are not trendy - which is why no one feels like being such great self-righteous humanitarians over them:

www.the-eggman.com...

Same can be said for any number of current, also non-Bush related conflicts.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
In a way, being antiwar is trendy.

The USO was contacting bands for tours in 2001. The said they one band didn't want to commit to the tour, because they didn't know how the popularity of the war was going to go.

But then again, this is your typical hollyweird/entertainment ass-hat, so I'm not surprised.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Boy if I could speak slower over the internet I would...

Treaties are different then Laws.. and Laws are different then Accords, vastly, not even a remote likeness.. Treaties are agreements to appease others, whereby we do everything against the treaty, but can justify that we don't really because we signed a treaty and, well, we all know treaties have magic infused in them making it unable to break.

Also, governments are different then people, which I think you have a hard time understanding (among other things) .. A Country can opt not to follow anything if it doesn't want to .. We could sign a treaty to never make nukes again, signing it with Russia. Whats to stop us from making more nukes? .. Feeling bad we broke a treaty? Your asinine assumptions that there is a mystical guardian force out there to ensure countries abide by treaties is childish to say the least..

But alas, proves my point.. most anti-war people know jack about politics or international relations. Morons self infused with self-righteous ideas they propagate because someone else told them it must be true.. You Tube and Wiki say the Iraq War is "Illegal", by golly, it must be if you-tube says so! ..

I never brought up the whole NWO argument but, now that you mention it: I bow down to your hypocrisy.

The NWO is a myth for the intellectually decrepit. A One World Government how ever is and always has been a dream of the Liberal Left. International Law anyone? I would sooner die fighting what ever behemoth that could impose a law over my sovereign nation..

You are in favor of spreading democracy throughout the world, yet the NWO makes you sick?

A One World Government like you fancy makes me sick alright. As for "spreading democracy" I believe that my country should do what ever it takes to keep our established way of living. If that means tearing apart some backwards Arab country, so be it.

As far as the NWO - I don't think the Federal government should have as much power as it does ... much less the U.N.

What the hell is this "NWO" you keep talking about, just another mythical entity you could never describe much less prove it's existence. For someone "opposed" to Federal power, yet propagate International Law, I see talking out of your mouth and out your arse at the same time.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   

But, that's not what you said. We weren't speaking in ratios. Lemme get the exact quote:

More people die in two years from alcoholism in just the United States than all the deaths of civilians and military personnel combined.

Why do you keep bringing up Bush?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Ok people, let's please stay on topic and stop attacking each other in this thread. If not, the thread will be closed.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Can you not read? As I already stated - oh goody, you caught me, I can't find the statistic I found that attributes lots of deaths to alcoholism. The unfortunate thing, for you at least, is that I can quote an infinite number of other things which cause death in greater numbers than the Iraq war. But being against those isn't trendy.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
So.... I'm trendy huh? What a joke.

It wasn't trendy in 2003 when those of us who actually stood and protested against this war before it even started got insulted and threatened and egged.

If there are actually people out there who oppose the war because it is somehow and "in" thing to do, they are pathetically shallow but most of the people I know either opposed it from the very beginning or regret their original support for it.

Trendy my ample ass.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Why do you defend the IRAQI war here, if you have said" you are against the war" and "libertarian"???

[edit on 28-7-2008 by mental modulator]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join