It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I found this video - What should I do with it?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I'm impressed so many people have looked at this thread. I'm sure many are not members but I'd still like to hear their opinions. You can reply anonymously now.

And as I was working, the thought occurred to me to remind everyone we're talking about two issues here.

One is whether this is the actual video shown to the Denver press.
(I think it is.)

The second question is whether this clip is an actual alien. That, I can't answer. I'll suppose a thread on what I find when I go back through this clip is likely.

Meanwhile I do appreciate all comments. A big "Thank You" to all who have responded with their thoughts. It makes the work that went in to locating this worth it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Im back

Hey guys!
I didnt find much I didn't already know but this website was interesting.
www.stanromanek.com...
From the same guy who made this video i think.
Sorry for being ingnorent about that.

Sincerely,
joshedis

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

A big "Thank You" to all who have responded with their thoughts. It makes the work that went in to locating this worth it.

Actually, I would like to thank YOU. Even if Stan Romanek is pulling a hoax, it's so friggin' sweet that somebody found this video, mostly due to the fact that it's being treated as something "top secret". It's just a small part of it, but still sweet.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

Just out of curiosity, since we're discussing ignorance and knowledge and such, would you care to explain how you know they exist?

And regarding the question in the thread:

Of course it's not a real video. Why on earth would you think it's real? A camera just happened to be rolling at the exact window where an alien just happened to "peek" his/her/its head in?

Yah! I believe it

[edit on 28-7-2008 by thrashee]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
A camera just happened to be rolling at the exact window where an alien just happened to "peek" his/her/its head in?

[edit on 28-7-2008 by thrashee]

This question has been addressed many times. In fact, I believe the person you're criticizing has already pointed that out in this very thread.

(edit - originally put more in the quote than was needed.)

[edit on 7/28/2008 by Curious_Agnostic]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Well so far I believe it is the real video. I remember the day of the conference and the still that was released. Now whether I believe it is a real alien being or not .... I dont know. If I remember correctly, it was stated that this window was actually over 8 ft off the ground and therefore would be impossible for an animal (unless it was bigfoot :lol
to look in the window.

Hmmm... now that I am thinking about it, if the original story was that he had the 'camera at the ready' because of a peeping tom.... why would he state that the window is 8 feet above the ground or more. Peeping Toms dont fly nor are they usually that tall

Last note. I remember that it was reported after the conference in Denver that he would not be releasing the footage until the documentary was finished (which had not even begun at that point) I believe they needed funding or a production company to pick it up or something of that nature.

Im at a loss and dont know what to think. But I do think that it is the actual video (or a piece of it). I am beginning to lean towards a fake alien though.

And trust me........... I'm a believer and wish it were valid proof.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Curious_Agnostic

Whether the question has been addressed many times matters not, as he was soliciting more opinions. And my response was just that, it wasn't a criticism of him.

Now hush! I want to go back to reading how some people are still inclined to believe this is really an alien.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by thrashee

Opinion duly noted. I'm glad you raised that question as well.

This was addressed in the 'best ghost footage' thread and I'm inclined to agree with the answer given there.

We don't know how many times the camera may have been rolling and nothing appeared. And if nothing had happened this time, this footage wouldn't be available either.

I don't have the exact figures in front of me, but I've read/heard people say you get an anomaly on the average of once every 50 pictures. If that is the case you have 49 worthless pictures for your effort.

In my thinking we have to questions of it being 'real.'

It is the real video that was shown to the Denver media?
In that instance of real, I'd say I believe it is. It meets all the criteria laid out. The creature blinks, it has a shine in the eye, it is outside the window, etc.

Is it a real alien in that video? In instance of real, I can't say.

Nephra offered me something to compare it with and I think that is a valuable piece of information.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hmm...I've never seen this, only the one on Larry King. Seems interesting but doesn't look like it's all that real.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by thehype16

The videos you saw on the Larry King segments are reenactments/fakes done by Bryan Baxter of the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Society. Here the Larry King segment of those where they are marked reenactment for those member who are wondering.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Sometimes I just can't like you people. I've been waiting what seems like a long time to see the real Peckman/Romanek video, and since I've read all the posts in this thread, every time I look at it now all I can see is a dog.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

What? You don't like dogs? (j/k)

Yes, at the moment I'd welcome any clips that give us a choice. Unfortunately after almost two months, this is the best one I have.

I do have some others, but if you don't like this one, you wouldn't like those any better. Trust me.

Anybody got anything better?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by thrashee
Whether the question has been addressed many times matters not, as he was soliciting more opinions. And my response was just that, it wasn't a criticism of him.

I did get a little frustrated at seeing the question asked again, but I shouldn't have been, my bad. Not everybody has been following this case as much as I have. As for criticism, there's nothing wrong with it. We need criticism and skeptism here to keep all of our brains from falling out.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   

I agree with you. I've followed this thing from the beginning. A lot of people have put a lot of time, energy, and effort into trying to bring something to ATS.

I look at it this way though: We got one guy who wants to lynch me if this is not the real clip.

If it is the real clip, I should get to lynch everybody who screamed fake!

Deal, or no deal?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Finally! ..the World can see ..a great day is here

I've had this playing on repeat for the last 2 or so hours, and the more I watch it, the more genuine the emotions that are elicited..a sort of validity test for me ..and yes the more freaked out I get lol!

Those people reporting seeing other things is a natural phenomenon..it's called Pareidolia ..I too can see a wolf, dog, bear etc. at times..

Also experiencers over the years have reported being left with a myriad of residual masking images ..a default psychological mechanism to reduce fear and induce some familiarity

I'm stunned to say the least..Thanks Gary

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by garyo1954

I agree with you. I've followed this thing from the beginning. A lot of people have put a lot of time, energy, and effort into trying to bring something to ATS.

I look at it this way though: We got one guy who wants to lynch me if this is not the real clip.

If it is the real clip, I should get to lynch everybody who screamed fake!

Deal, or no deal?

I hear ya, I'm actually "tgreinn" from youtube. Like I say in the description of the romanek photo that I posted, I'm not sure if it's real or fake, but I want people to do their research before paying any money for the documentary. (Although Lisa Romanek said that the documentary will be on TV, so I guess sponers will pay for it. :lol
I really wanted to delete the video after I posted it, because it got 100,000 views in the first 3 days, and I was worried about contributing to a hoax, but then people would think the government did it, so what do I do?

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I can't tell how big the window is, but to me, the critter looks like a putty tat. A really cute and fluffy one with black ears.

It would be interesting to know how far from the ground it is, and if there's a perchable sill (I did read the bit about eight feet up, but that's not confirmed, is it?).

F

[edit on 28/7/08 by Fuggle]

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

At the moment there is so much hype on anything alien or UFO the market is ripe. And Stan's case is be well documented with formulas, implants, and continuous UFO and strange happenings. If the market is willing to pay, I'd be tempted too.

I just noticed my u2u is missing. I think I broke it.

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:27 AM
link   
I have to share this one question. I laughed at it, but this person has the right idea. He looks at the video and says:

If the guy was so worried about peeping toms, why didn't he fit blinds to the window?

posted on Jul, 29 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I spent a great deal of time looking at the fakes that were popping up all over youtube within days after the announcement by Romanek and Peckman. This video is most likely the video that was shown to the Denver press.

I can't say for sure of course, but if this is a fake, it is a perfect match to the still images that were shown on Larry King and elsewhere.

Just remember the timeline of events. First we saw the still image: www.alienvideo.net...

Then we saw these videos:

www.youtube.com... (Reenactment)
www.youtube.com... (Fake, but a good effort)

What we're seeing now is too perfect to be a recreation, it has to be the original footage. I'm excited! I've been watching youtube and waiting for this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join