It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to see a UFO. How can I?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I've been scouring the boards these last couple of days now that I've had some time to kill and I've found a lot of good/interesting UFO stories. I'm a skeptic though and I won't believe them until I see some evidence.

Now, a lot of people say that evidence isn't required because 'they're real' or whatever. Most people seem to say this based on their own experiences apparently interacting with, or viewing UFO's. I think trying to see them is a great idea... After all if you've seen it, you've seen it (unless you were on drugs or something =_=) and it at least cuts through all the lies you're bombarded with online.

So, my simple and theoretical question is if I want to go out and see a UFO, how on earth can I? A lot of people on this board make it sound like you walk outside and look up and theres 50 above your head, but it's obviously not that easy.

I live in Australia, so you don't have to give me specific regions or whatever to look in. What do you need to see them? Is there a trick to it? Do you just repeatedly go out at night looking? Is it impossible and they 'come to you'? Or, do they just not exist?
I'm of course leaning towards them not existing but I'm willing to try this out.

I've never seen a UFO in the past, well perhaps one but it could've been anything. I've only ever seen a bright light on the horizon that was much bigger than a star that seemed to flicker a bit, stayed stationary for about 5 minutes in the sky then abruptly vanished. I assume it was a plane's lights, or somehow an afterburner. I don't think it's a very compelling piece of evidence.

So... Help me out here people.
What can one do to view UFO's?

[edit on 25/7/08 by Duality]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Duality

if there was a proven method for calling in alien ufo's i don't think we would be here discussing any of this because we would already have the proof that we all want.

it's just not that simple if you ask me. the ufo i saw was not planned.

a possibility is getting a flashlight and sending signals with it into the sky while singing this song....

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - The Carpenters - Calling Occupants of Interplanetary Craft

on a serious note :

if i had the desire and the money i would check out the Gilliland ranch and would bring lots of equipment.

www.eceti.org...
Welcome To ECETI

[edit on 25-7-2008 by easynow]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Be careful what you wish for.... you just might get it, and you wont be able to give it back. Once you see one.... you'll look for them all the time...and waste valuable time that could be spent with loved ones....better to check them out from afar.... in the comfort of your computer desk, where it is relatively safe.

My advice... keep checkin the boards..there are real UFO's here.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Hi Duality,

I'm afraid 1nL1ghtened, is right. For the life of me I've always wanted to see one my entire life, until I saw one last year with several of my family members. I can tell you, it is DISTURBING to say the least. I remember how the hair on the back of my neck stood straight up after we all realized that it was no plane. I saw it in the middle of the day 2:30pm on a bright sunny cloudless summer day, not a cloud in the sky at all, so it was unmistakable, not a sound, no markings.

It is a weird sensation because you think you're prepared to see it, since you've believed in it your whole life, you've seen the movies, documentaries, read books about the subject, but when its happening and you look up in the sky and its unmistakable, a feeling of dread falls on you. Not like you are going to die, but a fear of the unknown.

Mind you I've never in my life believed they could be hostile, it's just what I believe to be a natural human reaction of fear that grips you.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I have wanted to see one very badly myself. Never have I had the desire to convince myself or mistake something ordinary for a UFO. Anything I've seen that's weird I have kept myself collected and used whatever is at my disposal to investigate at that moment. So far no hits.

I know if I do see something otherwise unexplainable in the sky with my own eyes and even the Newtonian reflector doesn't resolve it into something ordinary then it's the real deal and THEY DO EXIST!! It would be quite a meaningful experience.

Quite frankly I think I'd be less "obsessed" with the subject afterwords. My only fascination with it is that I sense something is going on and I haven't partaken except through others' crummy videos which by and large look like ordinary explainable events.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The Best place for view UFOs would be Area 51. Because of its location there are many strange events there. You should try living in Arizona or desert areas where there are secret goverment operations being taken place. You can also try visiting sites such as the Bermuda Triangle. If that dosent work then i'd suguest you join a occult group who do this ritual magic/Delve in to realms that have been reported to let in strange creatures perhaps if you see one you can hitch a ride in to the Beyond the Dreams state. Good luck.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I don't know if it will make you less obsessed. For me, I was interested in the UFO phenomena in passing, that's it. I read a couple of books, and watched the occasional program on TV here and there. It was entertainment for me, in other words I was totally detached from the subject. Now after my experience, I find myself here and other boards talking about this subject, buying books, cd, and learning as much as I can. Because now that I know THEY DO EXIST and is no longer a question of a 50-50% subject matter, but a true phenomena. It has solidified my curiosity, and now instead of being just satisfied with the answer to the question of the existence of ET; I now seek the answers to the more important questions like why are they here? And what do they want? Are they extraterrestrial or interdimensional or both? What I saw only left me with more questions than answers.

[edit on 25-7-2008 by Gateway]

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

Right, you've now learned the truth. I was in a same position as the author of this topic. I didn't belive them either then my college buddy got me on Coast to Coast Am which opened my mind to all kind of possibilities. I just read a book called The Coming Great Deception My LA Marzuli in which he talks about a staged UFO landings? I mean come on man What the F**K i mean i've waited all my life for a chance to look at UFOs on CNN or any other news Channel and now that it seems we are getting more closer to 2012 and the possibility of a UFO is up at hand. We're being forced to belive that there might be a staged UFO event? Then how can we tell from the real UFOs and the ones being staged? WHAT THE F**K is going on and how come these authors are so sure about the so called "coming great deception" and how do they know it? WHAT SHOULD WE BELIVE? If lets say we do see a UFO are we just to say to ourselves that it might be staged? You know i've lately started to think that the conspiritors are some how are the secret hidden part of the conspiracy? what you say?

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gateway

I'm just extending this from my experience out of some supernatural experiences that I once witnessed that reasonably satified my curiosity about it and now that curiosity tends toward other phenomena more where there haven't been personal events. If a real opportunity arises to investige further I will take it but I tend not to think about it so much any longer.

The questions you want answers to cannot be answered by speculation (which the suppositions have the ring of) but only through free admission by the visitors themselves or by those who know for sure; I won't purport to have identified or how to tell that anyone knows for sure. For myself the sight and reasonable verification of it would answer that one question that can be answered without intimate contact. I doubt any motives or identities can be established with certainty at this time. Saving one's energy until circumstances present themselves to be able to answer the questions might save alot of mental grief. From the sound of things lately it may not be that far off anyway.

I'd just put it on the back burner and be patient much like what I've done already in the past while being grateful that I have that much more empirical knowledge than I did prior to the event.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by GoRla

You know, I never really got into all the conspirator books until after what I saw with my eyes. You see, for me the real curiosity kicked in after what I witnessed, and then I stumbled on the more crazier stuff and opened up a can of worms really, from Michale Wolf, Steven Greer, Stanton Friedman, Phil Snider, Buricsh, Serpo, Projectcamelot, you name it. Basically everyone has a story, what's the truth? There are times when I feel disillusioned and frustrated about what and who to believe. For example; for a couple of months I really wanted to believe in Steven Greer and what he's trying to do. He seemed the most genuine apart from Stanton. I've read his books, saw some interviews, but unfortunately he's starting to come off as a bit too new aged and creepy, and when I saw the price tag he charges people to go out into the desert to try to see what everyone should see for free, was well...more than a bit disappointing to me.

On a brighter note I did come off with the most sane piece of advice from reading Greer. His advice roughly, Be wary of those that claim that they have the truth, or are in the know, or have the whole picture, because that in itself is an impossibility. This phenomena is far too complicated for us to fully comprehend.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

I fully agree with your statement, regarding looking for answer that cannot be answered. But, it is difficult to walk away and be satisfied with, the "yes they exist". And to be honest, I have come to some possible answers of the why and what, through reading what other people have come to believe, through their experiences as well. I don't know if its the truth but at least they are answers to possible truths, which for me for the sake of peace of mind are better than no answers.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Are you looking to validate a system of beliefs you would like to have as your own, or are you sincerely curious about the phenomena?

If it's the former, it seems as though you're taking the wrong approach. Spotting a car on the road tells you very little of the person behind the wheel of the car or that person's intent. If its the latter, there are more effective ways to satiate your curiosity -- the least of which is staring up towards the sky hoping to see something you can't identify.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality

So, my simple and theoretical question is if I want to go out and see a UFO, how on earth can I? A lot of people on this board make it sound like you walk outside and look up and theres 50 above your head, but it's obviously not that easy.

I pretty much can step out on my balcony and there is about 50 in the sky.
The thing is after you start seeing one or two a night you start seeing more and more often.

I'll tell you how you can see them but, it might be a bit different depending on where you live, I'm in Canada.

Look at the sky on a clear night up at stars, (try looking up directly above your head to cut the distance and spot them better)
Look at stars one by one and notice the constellations eventually you will notice; faded "Star-like" objects that are sometimes aligning with constellations and they kind of look faded or out of focus, your eyes have to keep readjusting focus on these ones, you will notice it moving up,down,left or right or spinning in a fast wobble and sometimes seeming to fly away but then instantly warping back into its original spot.

It looks kind of like holding a laser pointer and flicking it, they almost always fit themselves back to their original position. Eventually you will see these ones move about the sky.

If you live in a area where you can't see many stars you may not be able to see them.
The first thing I notice my friends do wrong when looking for UFO's is they look out into the horizon where there's no stars and expect to see UFO's.

You can look all over the sky but the easiest way to see them is looking directly above your head to cut the distance.

Now over time your eyes will get stronger or adjust in a way you will start noticing them more and more zapping all over the sky even in the clouds.
Looking at them on a building or condo balcony makes it slightly easier.
Binoculars help but I just use naked eye.

Try it out and tell me if you can see them.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I look all the time, and nothing that seems like its a UFO. Ive seen weird starlike things that are satellites, or falling stars. No UFOs but I believe they're out there, just not near here. I'm a lot like you, can't seem to find em anywhere. I think the best thing to do is just not look for them and then maybe one will just show up on accident and you'll be there. Seem easy enough.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by theknuckler

There is alot more evidence and countless people who've reported seeing them even abduction and implanting of chips inside of the victim. I think if we dont see a UFO dosen't mean that they exist you just have to go to a right place to see one.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Might I suggest a trip to the San Luis valley of Southern Colorado.
The folks that live in Saguach and Salida have UFO parties on their decks and
are never disappointed. A very active area.

I fish frequently in the area and have seen many UFOs and experienced other forms of high strangeness that almost defies description.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
Hey everyone, I've been scouring the boards these last couple of days now that I've had some time to kill and I've found a lot of good/interesting UFO stories. I'm a skeptic though and I won't believe them until I see some evidence.

Now, a lot of people say that evidence isn't required because 'they're real' or whatever. Most people seem to say this based on their own experiences apparently interacting with, or viewing UFO's. I think trying to see them is a great idea... After all if you've seen it, you've seen it (unless you were on drugs or something =_=) and it at least cuts through all the lies you're bombarded with online.

I live in Australia, so you don't have to give me specific regions or whatever to look in. What do you need to see them? Is there a trick to it? Do you just repeatedly go out at night looking? Is it impossible and they 'come to you'? Or, do they just not exist?
I'm of course leaning towards them not existing but I'm willing to try this out.

I've never seen a UFO in the past, well perhaps one but it could've been anything. I've only ever seen a bright light on the horizon that was much bigger than a star that seemed to flicker a bit, stayed stationary for about 5 minutes in the sky then abruptly vanished. I assume it was a plane's lights, or somehow an afterburner. I don't think it's a very compelling piece of evidence.

So... Help me out here people.

Just keep looking up, where ever you are, I have seen 4 or 5 in my life time, hey I'm not saying they were true aliens but they were true UFO's, unidentifiable flying objects, and you get to see other interesting things like satelites.
Good luck, and it's smart to be a sceptic!

I took these pic's earlier this month, didn't go down too well on ATS though.

Gazbom.

[edit on 26-7-2008 by gazbom56]

[edit on 26-7-2008 by gazbom56]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Duality

Sedona,Arizona is a good place

try going outside and meditate on the galactic federation of light and ask for a sign...

ask for help and thank them

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
$3.50 laser pens....
anyway...best bet...scour local news....visit areas where alot of activity is....luck is your best bet...but around hot points will inrease your chances..

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
To see UFOs, you must get a better understanding of who sees UFOs. You must obtain an unquenching desire for the truth, and persistently look, it is the only way. They would love to put on an airshow for you, you just hafto show them you are willing to accept the implications and profound change this could have on your life.

If everyone were aware of their presence, the system would have crumbled decades ago. Once they reveal themselves, the general public will look for answers, and you will be obligated to provide them.

Here, it isn't credited, but its the best damn collection of UFOs throughout history. From Egypt, to South America, to Christianity, to Mideval Europe. If you do see a few out there, don't forget to open your mind, it's the only way to establish contact.
www.geocities.com...

PS. Toronto, ON Canada is ABLAZE with UFOs this summer. Air traffic reports every single day of new sightings, by pilots and citizens alike.
www.ufostalker.com... this site is cool too, if u wanna see recent reports of sightings all over the world.

[edit on 06/17/08 by narin]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join