It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Would Like to See a New U2U Feature...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
How about whenever somebody directly replies to a post you have written, using the "Reply To" button, a U2U is then sent to you saying somebody has replied to a post you wrote.

It's a bit tedious having to go through loads of posts, seeing if anybody has replied to something I have written, only to find they haven't.

Not sure if anybody has already suggested this, if so, I apologise!

Edit: I have just remembered to use the complaint/suggestion link to suggest this, I forgot it was there! Sorry

[edit on 22/7/08 by xeroxed88]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by xeroxed88

I was thinking of this too, so every time some one clicks the "Reply To" button on one of your posts you get a U2U. Although it could put massive strain on the severs couldn't it...

Fox

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I dont get to come here and use a computer very often.

Its very hard to go back and find what I said and find whoever said anything in reply.

I would agree completely with this suggestion.

Otherwise I just waste too much time trying to find where I was. Its not worth it.

sarc

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProTo Fire Fox

Although it could put massive strain on the severs couldn't it...

Fox

That is one problem that I thought of whilst thinking about this. I'm guessing not everybody would want a U2U for every reply they got, so the option to disable the feature should be included, which would then ease the strain on the servers, but not by much...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Or better yet instead of taking up valuable U2U space have it send an email to you on a reply or quote with an option to turn it on or off ?

Personally I don't really mind as I enjoy reading through others responses in the threads and maybe they highlight things I could have missed which I can then reply to myself to enhance the discussion further. There is a box in your profile which does list how many replies you've had but doesn't say which those replies are so I guess you could keep track of the number to see if you've had new replies then go fish them out

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Good suggestion; I was surprised this feature didn't already exist here. At some other forums I use I actually get an email telling me someone has replied to my post, and there is a link in the email that takes me directly to the reply.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Ahhh...I see that you have not graduated to complete ATS addict yet...

:shk:

I never leave and as a result know everytime I have a response...

On a serious note, your suggestion has been duly noted.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

With 5000+ new posts a day, every day, our data base server cluster couldn't take the strain (no server could). The u2u system is an incredible db hog and sorting through 140,000+ email addresses would be worse than u2us.

Sorry... but until technology catches up with the popularity of ATS, we are stuck with actually having to read threads.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

lol. Thanks for the reply Springer. I guess I'm gonna have to stop being lazy!

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
To keep track just use the myATS link. On the right side you will see a list of all threads you have responded to with the most recent ones at the top. A very useful tool.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

I actually do spend most of my time on ATS on the myATS page. It's my trusty companion on this website and keeps me sane whilst trying to work out when somebody has replied to the many threads I'm subscribed to.

top topics

join