It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compair and Contrast: (Urantia Papers and Terra Papers)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

As I stated, I haven't read the Urantia Papers but I read a brief description of them. I will read the whole Urantia Papers and make a statement about them. I did not mean to be dismissive of them. I stand by my statement that Terra Papers was a ripped off version of Von Daniken and others.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated
The Urantia Papers is said to be channeled through a unknown host to a group of doctors, scientists and others.

WHAT??? No link to the papers???

You mean I gotta do work to find them

The NERVE of some people

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

The Urantia Papers is said to be channeled through a unknown host to a group of doctors, scientists and others.

WHAT??? No link to the papers???

You mean I gotta do work to find them

The NERVE of some people

Here is a link to the text online.

www.urantia.org...

Here is a link to the MP3 Audio files free download online.
(this is the only way to fly because the book is heavy)

urantiabook.org...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

Thank you for posting the Urantia Papers. I have bookmarked the page and will read them.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

I say, I understand people who like to read like to read, but and again the MP3s are free to download. They make getting through the book so much more painless, for me, and all you have to do is download them.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
If you think you can just skim through Urantia over a few hours, lol gl

It'll take a few years

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by uva3021
If you think you can just skim through Urantia over a few hours, lol gl

It'll take a few years

Well I think if your truely hungry for such knowledges, you can do the Urantia Book in about 1-2 weeks via MP3 files and alot of quiet time.

I strongly sudgest people find a paper that most intrests them and start there as the Urantia Book is set up in papers and for the most part each of the papers is free standing.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I find the early years of Jesus in the Urantia book to be interesting. Being an 11:11 phenomenoner, I'm very curious about the 1,111 midway angels also mentioned in the book.

What conclusion does the Urantia book give on the matter of fixing a mess up world? Any solutions? Or do we simply need to wait for Jesus to return?

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Matrix1111

My understanding is that they will try to keep us from blowing ourselves up.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix1111What conclusion does the Urantia book give on the matter of fixing a mess up world? Any solutions? Or do we simply need to wait for Jesus to return?

It does give many solutions, but the problem wasn't ever with the solutions. The problem is within mankind and the confusion of the illusion of the physical world in understanding through spiritual eyes how physical beings should interact.

"They" the delivers of the message are not exactly clued in when it comes to the hidden happenings of the spiritual side of the universe. They are more observers.

They will as someone else put it stop humanity from an untimely ending.

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
reply to post by Matrix1111

That seems logical, yet they can't really interfere or else violate our rights of free will. So what can they really do?

Btw, who are "they?"

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FremenBlueEyes
the terra papers, i am not saying they are untrue but, rather, are a different man made version of a truth, they are man made and come from a singular perspective. one of robert morning sky.

What I say about it is this. The best we can assume about the Terra Papers is that they are not a con. If they are "true" they are still bogged down with the authors personal perspective along side with the questionablility of the deliver.

While I would agree they would be written with the author's style of writing, the overall story line is shared by many others in their research, Sitchin being the obvious example - the story of Ea and Enlil or some form of it is everywhere, even the Bible - I believe it wasn't one "God" in the bible - I believe it was two - Ea was God the Creator and Enlil was God the Word and in the Bible's construct were spoken of as one - so that when God created Man - it was Ea/Enki and NinHurSag and when God created the Word (Commandments) that was Enlil. I don't think the God in the Bible was 'the God of All That Is', I think it was an interpretation of two extra-terrestrials taking over the planet.

This is why I have a problem with religion in ufology - or ufology in religion. They seem like a total contradiction to me because (to me) the entire Bible is completely misunderstood, even the word "Amen" - it's origin, etc. So when Jesus is brought in as a reality, I'm not saying I have ruled it out - but it has been difficult to fit in my paradigm.

Frank Stranges, who talks of close relationships with Val Thorr (Venusian), also talks of Jesus on the spaceship with them. I just don't know how to take it - so I just set it aside unless and until something else comes along that makes better sense.

I think what disturbed me the most about the Terra Papers is the thought that there would be politics, treachery, and a pseudo-religion (Queen of Orion) at that level too. I had higher hopes for aliens -

But all the great teachings tell us to look inward for the truth - and I think that's real - its our soul we need to know so we can choose our own path next time...

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

Well then... let me zip up there and try to talk some sense into them

posted on Jul, 23 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Well I love books , and this one , the Urantia papers looks pretty interesting so I went looking for a copy on amazon . When I found a hard cover index version on amazon , I couldn't resist .
Now seeing that I don't want to wait for my copy to come in the mail before I find out what the book is all about I decided to download the audio mp3 files found here www.truthbook.com...

Looks like my mp3 player will be in full use tomorrow at work .

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

All total the MP3 files all together are near 8GB of dat. Each paper is about an hour worth of audio, so that totals to be 197 hours of listening. It's so worth listening to!

I listened once through and several times on some papers.

Like today I listened to paper 77 "the midway" creatures. These are the beings that when SOME defaulted the one's that, (went over to the dark side), defaulted became known as the "demons" throughout demonology and such studies.

Not only that but this! In paper 77, they talk about how some of their discriptive would be found in the ancient sumarian tablets that were sitting on dusty shelfs untranslated. Keeping in mind that the Urantia phenomenon happened between 1912-1930, and that the first preprinting happened in 1935 and the offical printing in 1955, I question the chances of anyone knowing what was on those sumarian tablets at the time of the writing. However it would be come to be found and translated as such.

I have to go check myself on the translation dates however if the dates are good then THIS IS a CLEAR example of how THE URANTIA BOOK IS REAL!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

reply to post by Max_TO

All total the MP3 files all together are near 8GB of dat. Each paper is about an hour worth of audio, so that totals to be 197 hours of listening. It's so worth listening to!

I listened once through and several times on some papers.

Like today I listened to paper 77 "the midway" creatures. These are the beings that when SOME defaulted the one's that, (went over to the dark side), defaulted became known as the "demons" throughout demonology and such studies.

Not only that but this! In paper 77, they talk about how some of their discriptive would be found in the ancient sumarian tablets that were sitting on dusty shelfs untranslated. Keeping in mind that the Urantia phenomenon happened between 1912-1930, and that the first preprinting happened in 1935 and the offical printing in 1955, I question the chances of anyone knowing what was on those sumarian tablets at the time of the writing. However it would be come to be found and translated as such.

I have to go check myself on the translation dates however if the dates are good then THIS IS a CLEAR example of how THE URANTIA BOOK IS REAL!

I just wanted to say that I don't doubt the Urantia is real - the question I pose is its accuracy - and even that is subjective, because from the sources point of view comes the Urantia - and so it is for other books and messages produced in the same manner. What I don't understand (yet, and maybe never will
) is if there was a flesh and blood 'human' named and known as Jesus in the time, or if there was something back then that was translated into a Jesus story - much like I said I believe god in the bible is actually based on two extraterrestrial brothers - so when I come across any work or claims of Jesus as a reality, I just step back and observe a little further because it could be one 'perceived' error and should at least be scrutizined.

By Urantia's sheer volume - I found the index was a novel in itself! to me gives it credibility (it's a subjective measure on my part, I just figure an average human is way too lazy and inept to carry out such a mission without divine something helping - and I could be way out on that one too -
So I tend to look for commonalities - what's common about Urantia and the Bible? the Terra Papers? Sitchin's work? new discoveries? as the more commonalities are uncovered, I figure, the more likely it has truths within it. And when there are differences (like the existance of and what really was the Jesus figure/person) for the time being.

And I will over the next day or so spend some time reviewing the Urantia papers so I can be better informed -

I also found the publications of the Phoenix Journals to be so volumnous that they had to be helped by otherhumanly, or a hundred humans working together, to put out such information continuously. I had a hard time with the contents often, but had to give it credibility on the sheer volume. The Phoenix Journals were supposedly channeled to Dharma by Commander Hatonn who was at the literal side of Sananda (Jesus) on a space-ship, much like Val Thorr claims - except Val Thorr has been photographed because he is in the flesh, Hatonn is not.

So this also leads to the other premises out there - multiple realities - which them allows for anything making research to a conclusion open-ended. Which sucks in my view too!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Okay - I'm back after about twenty minutes of looking at the Urantia Papers online and cannot help but notice the similarity to the bible in its historical figures and that it has many strange names - even Urantia - for earth. The main question coming from what I saw, is has anyone shown any of these names (like Caligistula - forgot the spelling ) in our actual history?

The Terra Papers do. These names (Ea - and Enlil) are throughout our history, at least what's left to be discovered of it.

I also think its possible that the feverish bible praying of thousands of people for hundreds of years without question could easily have created such an energy 'out there' to attract the creation of the Urantia in the first place - in other words, that the messages of angels, etc. are the resultant birth of entities that expressed these beliefs back to the people in the form of Urantia and all its components. Of course this pre-supposes that such a thing is possible, i.e. thoughts 'can' create reality.

And this could be another reason to view channeled material with a caution - use what works, don't use what doesn't. If there is NO way to substantiate the messages, then they have to be taken lightly lest an error in choosing the best path home (via knowledge) is made. Many people are so religious, there is no other explanation than the literal ones in the bible, as is, as written, unquestioned, period.

If we cannot question, we are being controlled.

If we can find clues in our physical history, we should give it more credibility than channeled.

I would sincerely be interested to know if these names have shown up in any historical records, as the first time I saw them was in the Urantia book.

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
"Urantia" mentions in the intro many of the names are as such in order for humans (or time-space creatures) to easily and more thoroughly understand the concepts behind its doctrines. So names such as Lucifer, Caligastia, Michael, Dalamntia, or utilized in order to adhere to the certain capacities of the mortal mind.

And Jesus was an actual person that lived and breathed on Urantia, as superpersonal or supernatural beings or affects are nonexistent on a material world. Some beings who are materialized on Urantia are purposely given the consciousness by the control of "Life Carriers" and other agencies of the supreme universe in order to bring light and life, and ultimate spiritual progression to Urantia, but these revelatory beings are mortal, and live a mortal life.

But spirits, ghosts, the superpersonal, or the infinite are nonexistent or unattainable on Urantia itself

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by kshaund

If we cannot question, we are being controlled.

If we can find clues in our physical history, we should give it more credibility than channeled.

I absolutely agree with you. I read a little bit over lunch and I found an interesting quote that is attributed to Jesus.

He was answering a question by Peter, who asked why the Scriptures told people to 'fear the Lord' but Jesus taught to love Him instead.

There is a very moving reply that resonates with me, but the part I really took away from it is that Jesus says we need to worship intelligently and freeheartedly, not blindly or with fear.

Intelligent children do not fear their father in order that they may receive good gifts from his hand; but having already received the abundance of good things bestowed by the dictates of the father's affection for his sons and daughters, these much loved children are led to love their father in responsive recognition and appreciation of such munificent beneficence. The goodness of God leads to repentance; the beneficence of God leads to service; the mercy of God leads to salvation; while the love of God leads to intelligent and freehearted worship.

It's in section 6 of this paper:

urantia.org...

Of course poetic quotes like this don't necessarily mean that the 'channellers' or whatever didn't just make them up, but it sure feels good to read them and believe that I am not going to Hell for asking a few questions!

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by uva3021
"Urantia" mentions in the intro many of the names are as such in order for humans (or time-space creatures) to easily and more thoroughly understand the concepts behind its doctrines. So names such as Lucifer, Caligastia, Michael, Dalamntia, or utilized in order to adhere to the certain capacities of the mortal mind.

I just had a funny thought.

What if we took a few of the papers and replaced the weird names with real ones like some sort of twisted new-age madlib?

Instead of Lucifer, Caligastia, Michael, Dalamantia, etc. we could use George Bush, Osama bin Laden, Barack Obama and Triumph the Comic Insult Dog.

It sure would make the reading easier!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join