It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the moon tonight?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I just came in from outside and there is no moon. I can see all of the stars so it isn't cloudy. Where is the moon?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Please.... does anyone see the moon? I called my grandparents and they can't find it either. What is going on?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Luna eclipse?No. New moon? Maybe. Oh, I'm sorry, I was just replying to you because no one replies to my posts. Sorry, I'm not exactly sure why you can't see the moon. You live else where, but I go outside and take a look...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I think it is just rising later......................it was just a full bright moon but it was later almost in the AM before it was up.....

So nobody has stolen the moon, just wait a bit and it will smile down on you soon enough.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
not yet
Oregon
8:38 pm

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   
There was a full moon two nights ago. The lunar cycle began last night. Don't worry, things are alright and under control. It's a natural thing.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Down in New Zealand - we stole it
It was full moon so Maui climbed up with his fishing hooks and grabbed the moon, we have it sitting in a cave currently.

history-nz.org...

I'm sure the moon is fine.. it was low on the horizon last night when I checked... so maybe it's you northern hemisphere dwellers turn to share in the glory.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Not knowing where in the world the OP is, I'll just say for New York time, the moon is just now coming up in the horizon.

11:40pm EST

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'm in texas and the moon should have been up an hour ago. Since there was a full moon a couple of nights ago it should still be bright tonight. Shouldn't it?

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
(I'll assume it's not a cloudy night wherever you are~) During the year, the moon rises and sets at different times. It rises/sets early and late. Sometimes i would come outside at work, to discover that it had just gotten dark, yet it was already setting... And depending on where you are, it isn't always straight in front of you. It seems to have an odd orbit sometimes, so it will be close to the ground- visually, if you know what i mean- it seems closer to the earth. It could just be out of view. Whatever it is, the moon has not been moonjacked/ moon-napped. Don't worry about it!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
4am here in ireland and the moon is shining very brightly
Clear skies and ive been outside since 12 and its been there all night Dont worry man

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Texas? That explains a alot.

Just looked. It's about 5 degrees off above the eastern horizon.
It was scheduled to rise tonight at 9:34pm and should set set at 7:39am.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I went out and didn't see the moon at first, but when I spotted it looked nice. It's full, yellow, and just now coming up where I am.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Well, I sit outside a lot and always look up in the sky so tonight I was freaking out a little when I didn't see it. I guess I will wait an hour and go check it out to see if I can see it. Glad to know the moon wasn't hijacked or blown up or anything.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I think if the moon were blown up there'd be a terrible meteor shower devistating the earth right now.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Well I see it now. I guess I jumped the gun.... but you know how us 'conspiracy' types are.
My daughter said it must have been stuck in traffic.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by stellawayten

I admit I often wander out to look at the moon in the night. And this evening I was surprised as well. But it is there.

Edit to remove the picture. It was too big.

[edit on 7/20/2008 by garyo1954]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Even though its 5:54 its still bright and sunny here. That's strange that you can't see the moon, I'll keep a look out myself tonight for when darkness falls.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by stellawayten
I just came in from outside and there is no moon. I can see all of the stars so it isn't cloudy. Where is the moon?

I'm sorry but why would you think it could be gone? Were you expecting someone to say to you "Oh didn't you hear? the moon got destroyed yesterday"

Seriously get some common sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus

Originally posted by stellawayten

I'm sorry but why would you think it could be gone? Were you expecting someone to say to you "Oh didn't you hear? the moon got destroyed yesterday"

Seriously get some common sense.

Um, if you went out tomorrow and the sun wasn't out you don't think that you would be curious as to what was going on? I think your comment was pretty rude.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join