It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think something big is about to happen?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I'm making this post to see how many of you are truly confident that something like an attack on Iran, nuke(s) on American soil, or any of the other tragedies talked about daily here are really about to happen.

I've been reading this forum for about a year and a half now and I've seen tons of predictions come and go. Lately though it seems like something really could happen.

Just wanting some other peoples opinions on the current state of the world and what is possibly in store for us. I really feel like something is about to happen but I have no one to talk to about it and I don't want to try to 'help' my friends and family by letting them know and just sounding like a 'typical nut job conspiracy theorist.' I tried talking to one of my friends about some lighter topics and all he had to say was "You have way to much free time" and blew it off. If something terrible really is in store for us I want my family and friends to know but it's hard when you just get blown off when you try to bring it up.

[edit on 20-7-2008 by PullThePin]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
In this volatile world there is always a chance something big will happen. The earth quake in China was something big.

In my opinion our next big thing could very possibly be a devastating hurricane to hit the US.

Seems to me the odds of our starting war with Iran are decreasing.

Personally, I am thinking something concerning the democratic and republican conventions offer a good chance for "something big" to happen.

Afghanistan is also heating up rapidly.

China bears watching also as they try to conform to different standards of living and doing business as a result of hosting the Olympics.

There are so many possibilities of a "happening" in our world. It is very exciting to me.

I won't loose one minute of sleep over any possible scenario

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
There are so many predictions out there, it's hard to know what one is "on the mark"

I wrote about what I thought would happen here

I do believe (and this is my own opinion) America is facing another false terror attack, I think Iran will be attacked, Israel will be retaliating.

Nukes on American soil? yes I believe so, most likely a bio attack, very soon, however.... this isn't a prediction, it's an inevitability. Before 911 we would of scoffed at the chance something like that could happen, but it seems even more real now.

I don't think upsetting family members and scaring them is a good idea, but a "be prepared" notion is called for.

There are signs everywhere, there are rumours the 2008 elections won't happen, they could be canceled, Bush is itching to invade Iran before he leaves office.

I do think there will be a nuclear attack on America this year, September is the month that is looking all too real for an economic crisis as well.

Predictions are not always a good route to go down, however careful analysis of current world wide events can steer you into making a good hypothesis on what's in store for us.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PullThePin

I am 100% convinced something big will happen...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
something "big" is always about to happen...it's wether we know about it thats the issue.

personally other than the usual "natrual" disasters i think disclosure is right around the corner.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I definitely think that something HUGE is going to happen.
At least three prior civilizations (Hopi, Sumeria, Maya) all point to the 2012 date.
I like to put that together with my bible. This could very well be Armageddon, which means the Antichrist will show itself soon.

Also, Iran wants to destroy Israel, and the U.S. They are just insane enough to do it.

Not to mention, I'm betting the next terrorist attack on America will be a widespread attack on our infrastructure, like our power grid, or something equally as disastrous.

Other than all of the forewarning news.... I just have a gut feeling that we are going to be in times where trouble is all around us.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Yes, but I will temper that acknowledgement with the admission that I've been in a state of waiting for the other shoe to drop for better than 5 years. These are amazing times we live in, and I hope we can all appreciate life and continue to do good works, not get consumed by fear of the unknown in the midst of our preparations for SitX.

I try to expend my energies on things I can positively affect, and I hope like hell that we're all still online and talking and sharing ideas 10 years from now and beyond.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I do think something big is on the verge of taking place...however the idea that bothers me the most is perhaps a virus-related pandemic..just yesterday I was reading an article in the Times about how health officials are very worried that this 'avian flu' will mutate into a contagious virus...

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I hope not. I just met a girl (I am bisexual). She's great, the first in a long time that does not demand so much from me. The point is, I am finally happy and would like to call off the doom.

Move along, doom!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
July.

July.

One of two biggest events to occur soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
July.

July.

More specific.

More specific.

Please, or do you enjoy watching me wet myself?

[edit on 20-7-2008 by pluckynoonez]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mabus
July.

July.

BS

BS

None of none biggest events to occur soon.

OP: you hang around ATS long enough you become Mabus-style insane, or extremely jaded about predictions.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The Great Depression of the 2010s.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   

It is completely obvious that something big will happen soon. That is a fact.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Early October.

Just watch.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
yeah i feel something scary is going to happen..it's been this way for a about a year now..
I have a lot of weird dreams about that type of situation happening...
ALWAYS in the same spot
coronado island, california.

but those dreams i have been having for YEARS..but it gets more intense. i FEEL stuff now. in the last dream there was this loud blast and i see like "waves" of light and heat and i feel the heat it was like crazy and i guess i died? it was like the intense heat .i saw the sound waves or wahetver and i was gone like i just wasnt "here" anymore.. ahh it's really hard to explain.

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nuke!

detonated just above ground level with a couple million casualties on 10/07/2008
Cover story regarding shipment and smuggling already in place and prepared to appear as if it would be "Iranian" in origin bought from old Soviet stocks.

Besides, we need to clear the southern side of San Diego for Border Control, institute martial law, suspend elections, start the draft and rebuild our now decimated military forces before we can even begin to think about the poor taxpayers.

Did you all wet yourselves yet?

how about now?

new topics

top topics

join