It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beginners Guide To Remote Viewing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Thank you for taking the time to read this thread I think many of you will be pleasantly surprised at the results you can get! I'm going to preface this by letting all of you know THIS IS A BEGINNERS GUIDE!!!!! Because of the sheer volume of information there is about Remote Viewing I have decided to condense it into a few steps.

But first lets start with the History of RV....

en.wikipedia.org...

en.wikipedia.org...

Along with this link if you would like to dig deeper into the history I would suggest a google search on names like Joseph McMoneagle, Ingo Swan, and Hal Puthoff as they all played in important part in it's "discovery." (discovery is quoted because many have researched and documented this before not quite with the same success as Mr. Puthoff)

Step 1
Identifying a target-- In my opinion this is one of the trickiest steps because there are so many factors and variable involved when choosing a target. Because this is for beginners I will explain how to use a photograph. You will need someone else to prepare the target for you because you CAN"T SEE THE PICTURE BEFOREHAND! The person helping will choose a picture and seal it in a heavy envelope (so theres no way you can see the target) and mark it with a set of numbers or letters... or both. E.G. 7BE81
The photo should be somewhere here on Earth and should be something that you know is real. U.F.O's, Sasquatch, Lochness Monster, Etc. would all be examples of things you don't know are real and therefore would not be able to know if you are giving an accurate viewing.

Step 2
Calming the Mind and Body-- This is a very self explanatory step but can prove to be easier said then done. I have just started RV and was having the most trouble with this step.. IMO Meditation is the best way to get yourself into the correct state of mind. The goal is to raise awareness while trying to damper your conscious mind. Try breathing exercises beforehand. Try to gaze into the void you have created in your head, watch it like a movie screen or t.v. Focus on nothing but the void, if you find your mind wandering try and immediate refocus yourself on the void. ok so now your relaxed and ready to start!

Step 3
Receiving Data-- The Final Step.... While in your meditative state focus on the number/letter written on the front of the letter. See it in your mind, if you want to say it out loud to reinforce feel free. Let the information come to you and begin to notice when things appear whether it be in form of sight, smell, touch, or emotion. Notice the little things. Learn to separate ego from mind and allow the information to come. Looking for the info or forcing it will do more harm than good. When you see something you believe is important draw it or write it down on a sheet of paper.

All of the information I have given has come from Joseph McMoneagle. I have read lots of text by him but most of this is from the Handbook to Remote Viewing. The protocol he teaches in the book was the same developed by the military.

Just some tips:

Don't attempt in a sound-proof room or in extreme darkness

Be skeptical!

Have fun and realize the more you practice the better results you will get!

If this thread does well and people show interest I will defenatly post a part 2 going more in detail about choosing targets!

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hmm. That sounds a little like the way I read Tarot cards. I guess I remote view when I read.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Yes! There are actually remote viewers that use Tarot cards as an aid.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Thank you for the informative post.
In the spirit of discussion, have you ever had an out of body experience? If so, did you notice any difference between remote viewing and OBEs?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alora

I'm glad you liked it! I have only had a few OOBEs and I can honestly tell you I'm not sure. Maybe a more seasoned ATS member could answer that question.....

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
So what exactly are prime conditions for RV'ing?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Remote Viewing doesn't seem to be very well received here on ATS as if another scam or cult. I have read that the competition between some of these makes some reference to that and points fingers at other trainers as frauds or useless.

Some reports do claim the J.M. is around 50% accurate or has hits. One recent claim is that a remote viewer found Saddam Hussein. Apparently they never bothered to ask about the weapons of mass destruction before the war?

I've recalled having had what could be called remote viewing in the past and even recall meeting some of these remote viewers back in the early 70's. It suggests I was part of a remote viewing program using allegedly gifted or psychic children. Supposedly, china is now doing this with their own children. I have my doubts and suspicions as to the origins of this program and who is manipulating it for their own agenda.

Psychic visions such as these may actually be alternate or false realities created to give the illusion of an event that may actually be staged. Apparently, by using clones or other mediums such as sensory manipulation as if in a vivd or lucid dream state. ie: Matrix, Taken etc.

Some events appeared to be happening in the future. This type of time travel has suggested to me to be something non-physical as if OOBE and that physical time travel is a misconception and not necessary either.

An advanced system that records events could possibly exist and certain chosen people allowed to view these events as if psychically "gifted" using this advanced 'looking glass' technology.

Some have made reference to the biblical beast as a super computer.

So a person may just be chosen or supposedly volunteer to be a remote viewer rather than as a natural ability.

For me, I recall having been asked to be part of 'something wonderful'* around the age of 3. Does a 3 year old understand that word or concept? or are these just false childhood memories?

My recall of my type of remote viewing also involved a type of temporal device or radio. I haven't seen it in several years, but, I recall I didn't have to plug it in. I was also under the impression that it can cause brain tumors. Not unlike the claims of todays devices and cell phones.

According to remote viewing from this device; the ark of the covenant was a device also. Does or should god need devices?

Something Wonderful*:

en.wikipedia.org...(film)

Link doesn't work for (film) and links to 2010 (lame)

www.uselessmoviequotes.com...

[edit on 18-7-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
reply to post by Alora

I'm glad you liked it! I have only had a few OOBEs and I can honestly tell you I'm not sure. Maybe a more seasoned ATS member could answer that question.....

I appreciate your response and honesty.
To be honest, I've never been able to tell the difference either, but I run an OBE group and get asked this question fairly regularly. I've yet to meet a person who knows the difference, assuming of course that there is one.

Which leads me to believe that they are too similar to seperate. My opinion, only of course.
But thanks again for the info.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aleon1018

Thank you for the post. I definitely think you make lots of valid points, but I would need to know a little more info on the 50% accuracy. What quality did the drawings have to be at? It is a rarity for RVers to be able to draw near perfect drawings but thats not always necessary for finding the target.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I would just like to personally add to this most informative topic thread that I can not stress here the very high importance of not letting analytical overlay that can permeate and thus contaminate the overall SRV session. That is why it is important to be well versed in the dynamics of the mind and its perceptions.
Because that is why a lot of SRV sessions are always inconclusive and have depending on the viewer and their state of mind at the time. Have had such low percentage rates of correct and verifiable data.
There would be more adept SRV'ers if they took the time to study up on the Cognitive Psycho-physiology processes of the Mind. That way one would know that they had been contaminated by an errant thought and so do the proper process of filtering it out and to keep the SRV session sterile

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Epsillion70

That could not have been said better! Do you practice RV?

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

How do you compare this method with others like Ed Dames and Gerald O'Donnell? How would you describe using remote viewing for remote influencing as postulated by Gerald O'Donnell? Thanks in advance.

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Not in any regimented way at least. I sort of do it adhoc when I am in the mood and in the zone, ie; When my Mind is not being bombarded by the 3000 bits of information that is being expelled by this Society that we live in each day

posted on Jul, 18 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustnoone1987
reply to post by aleon1018

Thank you for the post. I definitely think you make lots of valid points, but I would need to know a little more info on the 50% accuracy. What quality did the drawings have to be at? It is a rarity for RVers to be able to draw near perfect drawings but thats not always necessary for finding the target.

You should do some research on Joe Mc Moneagle. I don't have a link but supposedly he has a hit rate of 50%. I think this has to do more with his perceptions than just drawings. Supposedly he picks up on negativity that spoils sessions. He is the one who apparently wants to control the session. I believe he's popular in Japan.

As having mentioned doing this at an early age around 11 years old, I also recall being unsucessful with the training.

So, I'm basically an old drop out or as I recall Russell Targ put it: a cheater by using a device.

I seriously doubt you'll ever hear anyone else mention that in remote viewing.

Watch the DVD Suspect Zero with comentary by remote viewers such as Russell Targ and Paul Smith.

en.wikipedia.org...

I ended up buying it because I had forgotten so much about it.

Yeah, do some thorough research if you're really interested.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the opportunity to ask.

I wonder, that as there are RV's who can penetrate into the deepest places, is there a way to
a) detect psi-invasion
b) block unwanted invasion
is there an equivalent of a Firewall, can one be in stealth mode and be undetected?

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I can believe remote viewing.

Just because we don't understand this - does not mean that it does not exist. And the evidence is actually better than some of the particle physics (where 1: 100 million explosions may create e.g. a quark and so we build a whole theory about this).

I would like many of the psychological issues like to see some more serious experimentation about this though.

I can only go back 50 years and state something that would have been laughed at then - "The deep divers who hold their breath - can go down to 300 ft because they are trigggering a latent hibernation mechanism in humans - slowing down their bodies."

So for something like the brain - we've only scratched the surface

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

Watch the DVD Suspect Zero with comentary by remote viewers such as Russell Targ and Paul Smith.

en.wikipedia.org...

I ended up buying it because I had forgotten so much about it.

Yeah, do some thorough research if you're really interested.

I also bought that DVD as well after also researching a lot of Ingo Swanns works as well some other reading material on RV.
All I can say is that "Suspect Zero" with Ben Kingsley in it was a very different movie to say the least and made one see the issues that can arise from RV work when done to intensely without Psychological help along the way.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I'm impressed Trustnoone1987.

Not to detract from your excellant thread, but here's one I began on this topic :

Remote Viewing Secrets: A Handbook : Joseph McMoneagle

For those ATS'ers who do not know, Trustnoone1987 and I have been talking for a while on the topic now, and I'd have to say he is a genuinely interesting young man who has a thirst for knowledge in regards to this and other ATS topics.

posted on Aug, 17 2008 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

It does seem that those articles do give credence for there actually being a classified PSY-OPS Military unit with a detachment Corp of actual Psi-ops Soldiers whose main aim was for Counter-inteligence gathering for the purpose of isolating and deactivating counter-insurgent(COINS) individuals trying to destabilize private, non-private, military or otherwise organisations etc.

posted on Aug, 18 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This is hilarious. Seriously. Why didn't one single person take Randi's $1m prize if this stuff is possible? Why not give the money to charity and change the world forever. Either it doesn't work or every single person who can do it is selfish beyond belief.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join