It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Video! Green UFO sighted over Lake in Montana

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I had trouble pausing the video at the right place. In the very beginning, the video paused just as the lightning, showing that the green light is a reflection off the window. Two teenaged boys who were pulling a prank.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Lazer pointer(s). Nice try though. Next!

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidflash2008
reply to post by argentus

I had trouble pausing the video at the right place. In the very beginning, the video paused just as the lightning, showing that the green light is a reflection off the window. Two teenaged boys who were pulling a prank.

Take a screenshot for us then as I did of the things I found interesting. and share it. Until you do.. I will not give that claim any merit and I have yet to see it in the number of times I have watched this.

Second you stated earlier that the black oblong object in my screenshot was being held up by a string and screamed hoax. I would also like you to prove that as I see no string.

I would also like to point out that if the black object and the second orb were a part of some hoax they would have pointed it out.. but they did not see either object and they made no note of it during the entire video.. they missed both those objects.. which would be a unlikely move for someone perpetrating a hoax because they would want to try to call attention to their creation and make comments on it as well to add to their story. They remained ignorant of those additional anomalies to present.

In summary if you are going to scream hoax and discount the video then take a screenshot to backup what you are claiming. Because to me this video looks to be one of the first in a long time to be hard to call hoax.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by personal stalker
Lazer pointer(s). Nice try though. Next!

Get one recreate this and post up a video please.

Until I see someone re-create what we see in this video I am not going to give that excuse any merit in my opinion. I have to see someone make the same effect before I will buy that write off.

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

About the dark figure:

I had noticed the same thing and was stopping the video around that part when I first saw it. It's very clear and displays a rapid movement. I was trying to figure out if it was some lens effect or something of the sort...

I'm pretty sure it's not and that there was something actually there, and considering the proportions... It's definitely not a bird...

About the red orb:

I noticed that one too, I was surprised that the two people filming didn't say anything about it.

I'm pretty sure the possibility of CG is ruled out, but I am not validating that it is. For what it's worth, I'm sure these are military craft. The reason they'd be near a lightning-affected area is because the air becomes ionized and they may be charging from it, possibly testing the crafts ability to charge while in flight. Something of that testing nature is what I'm sure is going on.

This technology clearly came from elsewhere, though.

Peace and Love

[edit on 20-7-2008 by sllapur]

posted on Jul, 20 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I didn't find a Contrary Lake on Google Earth, only a Contrary Creek.
In the video, one of the young men says there is an Army base *garbled* miles over there. His associate talks over him at that moment.
There is Mlmstrom AFB approx. 200 miles ESE of contrary creek.
Something to chew on?
double edit -tired

[edit on 7/20/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

[edit on 7/20/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sllapur

Is it just me or does the dark object seem to be over the water?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

NephraTari, thank you for sharing this video with us

It is almost impossible to say what we actually see, but all in all there's a possible explanation: a group of scientists that i know very well, included in the LTPA (Luminous Transient Phenomena in the Atmosphere) a phenomenon called "Ignes fatui".
I won't enter the details because the phenomenon is NOT known, but the general appearance of what we see seems to fit it. And,
if this is actually an ignes fatui, then the footage would be much more precious, because we have not confirmed videos of such phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by internos

Internos have you seen the strange dark object that was only visible during the lightning strike?

Those filming the video did not notice it, but I posted the screenshot. Does that fit with the phenomenon that you mentioned?

You have me curious now.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Internos have you seen the strange dark object that was only visible during the lightning strike?

Those filming the video did not notice it, but I posted the screenshot. Does that fit with the phenomenon that you mentioned?

You have me curious now.

NO, it does not, i am highly ignorant in the subject matter of LTPA but i can say it for sure: THAT object is out of place, but we don't know if it's an actual object

We'd neeed the original footage, and someone else confirming the sighting. IF it was an actual ignes fatui, then it would be a sighting more precious than some thousands ufo sightings, because our databases are full of stuff like balloons and lights in the dark, while we miss THIS ONE:
while that phenomenon is unknown: bear in mind that ignes fatui is believed to be burning gas containing methane from decaying organic matter, basically they come from some rotting organism (sorry for my english), but this does NOT explain why it has been spotted, hystorically, near rivers and lakes.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

If it was something rotting why would it appear in different places?

It is an interesting idea but also there appears to be white light in the center of the green light. no idea why.

As for the object. well something is their clearly but what is the question.

I see no strings, I see no pole. It does not remain during the entire time because later when lightning flashes it is not there. I think some things we should try to determine is how far that was from the camera and where its position was in relation to all objects. There is something. It is not a shadow, we just need to figure out what this object is.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I see no strings, I see no pole. It does not remain during the entire time because later when lightning flashes it is not there. I think some things we should try to determine is how far that was from the camera and where its position was in relation to all objects. There is something. It is not a shadow, we just need to figure out what this object is.

Right, keep in mind some rules then: DON'T take a movement as an actual one, unless you have a grounded point of reference. In this case, ALL is consistent with the light so what i can tell you is that whatever it is, it's STATIC: just ignore the movement, focus on the subject. Try this experiment: show me two scree-shots in which the proportion of the distances between the grounded lights and the green one are NOT the same: but do it frame by frame. This is very easy to do, if you need any software, i will send it to you (check your U2u)
In my opinion, what we see is STATIC, but its motion effect is generated by the hand-shaking of the cameraman. As said, the footage is interesting but we cannot say more: we need the author, some witness and possibly some photos or other documenation of the event. I would say, finally, that THIS is what ATS needs, we need more threads like this one and less threads like "Yesterday a pleiadean told me that we will die within one year"

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   

From what I observed there's a few "over-the-water" anomalies.

The green light, though clearly in front of the trees, doesn't create a reflection on the water... Which is very, very, but just so very weird...

The dark object does seem to appear at some point over the water and move on towards the back of the tree-line...

A strange video, for sure...

Peace and Love

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
When the lightning strikes it looks like it could be the top of a lamp post on the near shore. There is a dark column beneath the green light. I wonder if this is a hologram?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
You know I just put two and two together. I would like to see someone with a green laser pointer aim the laser at a round streetlight at night and film it. If you have ever had a laser pointer and have looked close at the beams light on a table or wall you know that the light kind of swims around within the beam. There are some famous orb type ufos with a similar pattern static kind of light field but where the static is more organized or patterned. Anyone know what I am talking about?

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
i dont know guys, the film looks real to me, i dont know these dudes, but im assuming that in their minds creating fake ufo youtube clips is for loosers. why? well, i just listen to the tone of the voice of the guys when they say the "F" word, i detected a little bit of introspection as well as a bit of vigor, the vigor would explain that in his tone he is actually seeing a light in the distance and his "F" word is trying to reach out to the object in the distance. example, if you were to say "F- you" to someone across the street you would have to "project" your voice in the direction.. it seems authentic to me

and i know my approach to this is completely unorthodox,thanks

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by LordThumbs

I understand what you are saying and although it may be an unorthodox analysis of their behavior it does make sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   

I analayzed this video and found some interesting things..
First at 48 seconds during the lighting you can see an large object vertical and oblong suspended in the sky to the right of where the orb had been.

Ok.... and what evidence do you have to justify saying "large" object? As far as I'm concerned its a bug on the window.. this object was in two separate locations when two different flashes happened. This thing was lower on the second flash which leads me to believe it was climbing down. Hence why the commentators did not find it significant to describe the bugs.

I agree with an earlier poster about laser light pen.

Originally posted by RadicalApex
As cool as this is I believe it's fake that dot looks far too much like a high powered laser pointer (about 5mW or larger)

At 17 seconds in during the first lightning strike this green glowing object sustains its green aurora... when the lighting strikes the arora would have dimmed or dissipated. Because I also believe its from a laser pen, the glow did not diminished due to reflecting off of the glass.

Edit.. to add that the person who videoed this thing.. was shaking left right and centre.. why the constant movement? It's not like he zoomed in on anything? Look at that roof top.. if he zoomed..that roof would not be there.. or it would be extremely large.

As for seeing two lights.. double glass panes...

[edit on 22-7-2008 by Willbert]

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Willbert
This thing was lower on the second flash which leads me to believe it was climbing down. Hence why the commentators did not find it significant to describe the bugs.

Can you please screenshot that and post so we can use it as a comparison?

Like I said before I don't mind an alternative theory.. just provide something to back it up.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
On the second video, if you watch it carefully, the green light seems to move with the windshield of the car. I believe it is a reflection of something in within the car, perhaps the charge LED for a CellPhone charger or something. I had made this mistake once and realized that the light I was seeing was actually the reflection of the IR LED in my camcorder on the glass in my car. I didn't think anything of it, because it was daytime and I had my filter on. But I forgot that the LED comes on regardless of lighting.

As for the first video, it looks authentic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join