It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ricky Sorrells on CNN Larry King Live

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
For those of you who haven't seen it.

This is Ricky Sorrells speaking on CNN's Larry King Live from Friday July, 11. I've been talking to Ricky via telephone since January. Ricky lives in Dublin Texas. He claims that he was deer hunting in the woods on his property in mid-December when he looked up and saw a huge craft hovering above him at only about 300 feet. He claims the military harassed him after he spoke to the Associated Press (AP) about what he saw and it aired on CNN.

www.youtube.com...

Here are some links to more information in case you're not familiar with Ricky and his sighting:

www.americanchronicle.com...

www.omeft.com...

Artist illustration of what Ricky saw. Keep in mind this is one large craft with cone shaped holes in the bottom of it in a grid pattern:

www.coasttocoastam.com...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Mind you this isn't proof. But in order to form opinions about a UFO witness you need to know as much as you can about them, and get a gut feeling as to their credibility factor. After knowing Ricky for a few months now, I give him a 10/10.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I don't care how "down to earth" or "real" he is, this doesn't help a story at all.

Proof helps a story. The proof is not here in this case. There are plenty of better UFO cases that actually have something to look at etc.

It's time to move on.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Interesting case and I'd like to know more.I'll follow up those links.I'd be interested to know ufo reality if your fnend Ricky had any heat post Larry King .If it's helicopters then I've heard that if if you can get a microwave oven,plug it in and jam the door mechanism and point it at the choppers it will severly mess them up and they'll bugger off.Don't know if it works but maybe worth a try.I'd like to know about this case .Please keep us posted.Thanks Candy

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by candyfloss
If it's helicopters then I've heard that if if you can get a microwave oven,plug it in and jam the door mechanism and point it at the choppers it will severly mess them up and they'll bugger off.

Oh my God, don't do that! The only thing that will get messed up is you. This is the craziest thing I have read in a long time.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ufo reality

I will definately watch the show. Mr Sorrells has had an amazing daytime sighting and it would be interesting to see if the military has upped their tactics since he has gone public.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer

Originally posted by candyfloss
If it's helicopters then I've heard that if if you can get a microwave oven,plug it in and jam the door mechanism and point it at the choppers it will severly mess them up and they'll bugger off.

Oh my God, don't do that! The only thing that will get messed up is you. This is the craziest thing I have read in a long time.

Well,I don't want to get all technocal.It's just what I'd heard but thanks for the advice.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Dulcimer

man this is funny how you dont feel like sorrells testimony should even get the light of day..

im guilty of turning my head to important testimony or news too, its impossible to keep up with every imoprtant piece of information, you have to pick and choose, i hope you come back to this case.. once things have slowed down for you and your ready to actually LOOK.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It was news months ago. I waited for something to come out, something to look at. There is nothing.

It is only a story at this time.

Even the new radar data doesn't back up the stories. There is nothing.

Show me one bit of evidence that I can look at.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I believe Ricky based on a past experience of mine but he has only his word. IMHO most of the UFO stuff happening today is military related. I believe this is the case here. Why would the military harass Ricky if it wasn't a military event that he witnessed.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
pLEASE, please, please...

Could you tell these people with interesting stories to pick ANOTHER show other than Larry King?

The man is insane, cant ask intelligent questions, has to hold his head up with his other hand on his chin and is a has been- not to mention the UFO cartoons he tends to play just before an interview of this caliber!!!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lovepens1

I take great offense to that.

None of my threads have been marked "hoax"

If you don't like them, stay out!

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

There is really nothing wrong with Larry King or his show. What other show could you go on that has that many viewers AND credibility.

That show has a loyal fan base.

This is not a Larry King issue at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Well, up to now, watching Larry is painful as hell.

I dont know who would do a good job. Bring someone out of retirement or something!

This does have to do with a show hosted by Larry- interview of the living dead.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
He could ask better questions (and the staff should find some better stuff from viewers) but you have to remember that he can't be an "expert" on every subject.

For someone who interviews a diverse set, he does ok. He might not be exciting, but he gets some conversations going.

He really should stay away from music stuff though, that is where he is a snooze fest.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Ok, I retract the marriage statement.

That still remains that you want answers to what this guy maybe saw.

You seem to want to keep everyone informed about this event without a shread of proof. I don't know why, but to each his own.

You are looking for answers and claim to be an investigator. If you want answers, the only way that you are going to get any closer to them here is to combine the thought of not only yourself, but amongst the 1000's of members here at ATS. There are so many new people here these days. To some this is all new and the first time they are ready anything about Ricky Sorrells or about this sighting. It doesn't mean they don't know anything though. Heck maybe a new member saw something as well.

My suggestion is this. Start a new thread recounting the events. Combine links to all your threads, or maybe just the more important ones so folks can catch up.

Then the Q & A will start. More attention to your thread = equals more points.

1000 minds together are better than 1000 minds scattered.

I have a question to start.

If he doesn't want to share anymore info, and doesn't want to talk to anyone. Why are you being a "spokesperson" for him?

You can copy that question in your new thread for you to have something to start with.

Hopefully this helps you understand the investigative field in which you want to do. You will only get better if you keep and open mind and entertain new ideas. If not, you will not learn a thing.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Thank you for retracting that foul comment.

Well for one, Ricky isn't a "computer" guy.

He has two daughters, and a third on the way.

He works hard for a living.

He doesn't have time to come onto forums like this and chat.

He hasn't said much publicly except for being on Larry King Live and a few articles here and there because of the military harassment. He told me he values his family's safety over anything else. Seems logical to me...

I'm not his spokesman. I just happen to know him and I think his story is compelling so I present his testimony here. He was hunting without a camera and saw this UFO. What more do you want from him?

Here are two more links to when he was on Coast to Coast AM with James Fox. He told me he feels comfortable doing media stuff with James. He's a big strapping guy, but Ricky is really kinda shy.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-7-2008 by ufo reality]

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I got your U2U. Mods agreed but you don't want to do it. Why? You don't have to answer the flaming questions. You seem so determined to keep telling us information without any proof at all. That is not much of an investigation. You would think that as an investigator that you claim to be you would only want to better yourself about being an investigator. Investigations require questions and answers. Without them, it's like going o church. Just listenening to one persons opinions and the congregation is supposed to accept it at fact. That makes no sense to me at all. I thought you were looking for answers.

I sent you a very nice email offering to help you.

It doens't just have to be a Q & A, maybe just a thread that helps everyone understand everything that has been talked about and you can add posts to your thoughts and information in one spot.

If you are looking for answers concerning Ricky Sorrells which you have stated many times that you are, then it doesn't make any sense to why you dont want to do it.

Just telling everyone your thoughts does not make one an investigator.

Not trying to sound like a continue to harp on you guy, you need guidance in your quest.

new topics

top topics

join