It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I saw Batman last nght and it lives up to the hype!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by bringthelight

Originally posted by Maybach Hanson
heath ledger is a terrible joker, and batman is so homoerotic. I just dont get it.

Where do you get homoerotic from? Your saying that batman was made to be attractive to gay men and you noticed so....

I didn't see any male nudity or anything like that, thats just a really strange statement for someone to make.
anytime they make movies like these its for any greemo who cant get a girlfriend

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Damn! This Batmat not only goes down as the best Batman movie ever, and that's from a guy who loved the very first modern Batman with Jack and Michael, I'm also tempted to call it the best superhero movie ever... but that's a bit bold.
The acting is way above par, not only from Ledger, but from every single one of them. The lighting and cinematography is very nice. Some very good shoots in there and yummy, I loved the sound job on it

If this movie doesn't rake in a few Oscars then something is very wrong. I don't care if people think Heath will get an posthumous Oscar, he certainly deserves it!! Because that joker character was amazing...

I salute this movie and anxiously await the next

posted on Jul, 19 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I saw it last night.. and it is still sticking with me. I really can't wait to see it again. Ledger was so amazing as the joker, I can't wait to watch all his scenes again.

Next time i see it will be in IMAX, which is sold out for the next 3 weeks around here.

posted on Jul, 21 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I agree. Legendary performance by Ledger. But now its coming out that it might be too violent for kids under 13. Well hmm..could that be why its rated PG-13?

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I saw this movie saturday and I definitely recommend it. It even managed to surpass Batman Begins, becoming much more mature and well written. Suuuuuch a good movie!

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm going to see it tonight! I cannot wait! I'm going with three friends and if they even say one word while it's on, I'm going to sit on my own!!!
BATMAAAAAAN!!!! (I'm still a big kid at heart)

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I'm going to go against the general consensus and say that the movie was good, but not great.

I guess I maybe expected too much from all the hype but I just found myself disengaged from the story for much of the time. I fell asleep by the end of it. It's long.

Yes, Ledger is dark and there is a lot of violence, but the movie just didn't hold my attention like I expected it would.

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

You really fell asleep!?

Sure you weren't really tired?

posted on Jul, 25 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

O_O dude i had like 4 orgasms during this movie.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheB1ueSoldier
O_O dude i had like 4 orgasms during this movie.

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
You really fell asleep!?

Sure you weren't really tired?

I know, I know. Blasphemy. But, there were parts of the film that didn't hold my attention. I think it could have been shorter.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Wow, the film didn't disappoint! One of the best films I've seen in a long time!

I agree, it could have been made shorter, but thinking about it, what part of the film could have been taken out, I can't think of anything that should have been edited out?

It was so disturbing in some parts, too. The Joker is portrayed brilliantly by Heath Ledger, he is one sick freak.

I wonder what happened to Scarecrow after you see him being arrested?

*SPOILER*
Did anybody else feel the film ending was probably changed last minute due to Heath's death? I thought it would have ended with the Joker, not Two-Face. Saying that, Two-Face's make-up/CGI was absolutely sickening, in a good way. I loved it! It makes Two-Face from the previous Batman films look like a clown!

I loved the "magic trick" scene. Sheer brilliance! I'm really curious what will happen in the next Batman film after seeing the ending to the Dark Knight. I really hope it doesn't become like Spider-Man 2/3 and have Batman have an "internal war" with himself, although that was slightly seen in this film.

I have never seen a cinema that packed before. The queue was stupidly long and even went outside! I'm going to see it again soon, hopefully. I loved every second of it.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I'm with this fella, it just wasn't THAT good, was a decent movie, but not amazing. felt myself getting bored at times too as it plodded on. In fact there were a couple of times when I thought the movie was ending....... and then it plodded on some more.

Regarding Ledger being up for an oscar, I dont think so, he was good, but I dunno, he felt a little tame for me, the joker could have been a far nastier piece of work.

maybe I missed something that I'll catch on a rewatch

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by maintainright

I disagree. I think it was just right. The things the Joker doesn't say, made you think more about how much of a mess his mind is. The part where Batman is speeding along on the Batpod towards the Joker and he is just saying, "Hit me... c'mon, I want you to him me!", scared the hell out of me. Not scared as in, fearing for my life, but scared as in, he's utterly insane.

This scene was one of the best in the film, and you know how much of a maniac the Joker really is. The heavy breathing, lip pouting and the sort-of lip licking he does adds more to his character than dialogue ever could.

One of the sickest parts, yet I feel alot of people didn't realise it, is the part after Batman threw him off the building and the Joker is falling to his death yet he is laughing his arse off!!!!

In a weird way, I actually felt alot of sympathy for the Joker. It was almost like he isn't aware of how sick he is and how badly he needs help.

It's such a shame Heath died. He would be the biggest actor EVER, in my opinion, if he was alive.

posted on Jul, 28 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I loved the movie! LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

But I think the ending could have been...well....more climatic...it just felt like it lost it ((probably due to Ledgers' death as stated before))

But the one thing that clicked in me is the Joker's comment on how we always follow these plans. Everything's so planned out that nobody has a choice anymore. We are all forced on this little ride. So that made me think, aren't we? Aren't we all forced to live this day by day schedule and trapped in by all of these rules and regulations because there is some "big plan"

Whether it be some diety's

Or Government's

Or even our jobs themselves.

Ever since seeing it, I felt like maybe we are all slaves...

Maybe Ledger thought the same way ((not to insult his death, I'm just wondering))

<< 1   >>

join