It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Alien Structures on Eros And Miranda! Whodunit?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Good stuff. The more I look at the object on Eros, the more it appears as two objects. Maybe it's just me. But I see a tower-like object, with a rectangular structure behind it.

posted on Dec, 16 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthChrisious

Maybe these things are modular.

Anyhow I have got the new lunar orbiter structure and Mike's all wrapped up in the one image.

The lunar orbiter shot has what look like tanks, pipes and some other neat stuff along with that large block-like 'outpost'
:

And here is the enhancement that MikeSingh did yesterday for me (for all of us : D):

[edit on 16-12-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 05:17 AM
link   
You all like that last one?

Well if you want to see some more of my moon anomalies, I've have posted several of them here :www.abovetopsecret.com...

...Start with this linked post and work your way through them.

You'll find some anomalies you've never seen before (unless you follow my posts
) and since the images have all the pertinent data included you'll be able to go and look for some more in the same shot.

And if you spot any like the structure on Eros, be sure to let us all know!

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Yay! More compression artefacts and standard geological features interpreted by people who seem to lack understanding of compression artefacts and standard geological features.

Why you guys think you know more about the solar system than the folks who made and launched the imagers you get your highly-compressed jpegs from is beyond me.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
Yay! More compression artefacts and standard geological features interpreted by people who seem to lack understanding of compression artefacts and standard geological features.

Why you guys think you know more about the solar system than the folks who made and launched the imagers you get your highly-compressed jpegs from is beyond me.

I used a .Tiff image to prevent .jpeg degradation. Check the last image I used. Anyhow, You can get the original here:

near.jhuapl.edu...

The good people at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Laurel, Maryland are the ones who identified the large rectangular object in the Eros image:

This image of Eros, taken from the NEAR Shoemaker spacecraft on May 1, 2000, is among the first to be returned from "low orbit." Between May and August, the spacecraft will orbit at altitudes near 50 kilometers (31 miles) or less. This will be the prime period of activity for some of the spacecraft's science instruments. The X-ray / gamma-ray spectrometer will build up maps of chemical abundances, while the laser rangefinder measures the shape of Eros to within meters (a few feet). At the same time the magnetometer will watch for indications of Eros' magnetic field and the near-infrared spectrometer will map rock types.

The imager will take pictures of the entire surface of Eros that capture features as small as 4 meters (13 feet) across. This particular image, taken from an orbital altitude of 53 kilometers (33 miles), shows a scene about 1.8 kilometers (1.1 miles) across. Numerous craters and boulders as small as 8 meters (26 feet) across dot the landscape.The large, rectangular boulder at the upper right is 45 meters (148 feet) across.

I am the one who identified the large rectangular object in the lunar orbiter shot.

Why do you think it is artificial?

You are certainly wrong if you think you can know that with any certainty.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Sure, it's a strange thing, but that's where the speculation must end, as you even said it yourself - we can't know with any certainty. Until it's demonstrated to not be a boulder, saying it's anything else is a slap in the face of rational thought.

That .tiff is far too small to get any usable detail from, not to mention the resolution at ground level is far too small to interpret the landscape with any certainty.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious

Sure, it's a strange thing, but that's where the speculation must end,

Stop speculating whenever you want.

You should not continue to speculate if you do not want to. Right?

I have got to get back to finding artificial looking lunar structures. You really should not feel pressured to hang around.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Looks like a Burger King or something. It's always handy to have a Little Chef when you're travelling long distances.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I do believe the structure on Eros is artificial and has been there a long time. I also believe the Terra papers to have a lot of fact to them. Because of that, I think most of the planets in our solar system except Mercury have been inhabited before and contain artificial structures.

Thanks for the research.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1
The good people at the Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) in Laurel, Maryland are the ones who identified the large rectangular object in the Eros image:
Then why does that image you posted say:

Compare this tructure in a Lunar Orbiter 5 image (above) to the one found on Eros (at right) by amateur selenographer Mike Singh

I though that meant that it was Mike the one who found it.

posted on Dec, 18 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

I though that meant that it was Mike the one who found it.

What?

I found the lunar orbiter object. Mike found and posted the Eros one on ATS.

Or maybe it was Zorgon?

Or you?

Anyhow, Mike was the one who took note of it and made the thread.

This could even be done with websites. For example, someone could find a website which already exists and make thread about that. They would say they discovered a website of interest - even though the website already existed and was known about by several people (especially the ones who created it), they could say "look at this website I found" and they'd be right to say it. Such are the depths that our great language has sunk; that such phraseology is acceptable and used widely.

[edit on 18-12-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Dec, 19 2009 @ 06:52 AM
link   

OK, thanks, sometimes I get confused with those language subtleties.

posted on Apr, 19 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I like how the "causeway" goes off at an angle. like the Giza pyramids.

But I think we are just looking at the top view of a long necked Imperial Walker.

www.formfonts.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join