It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge a book (or a member) by its cover

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

You are pretty close to the mark there. We seem to have a lot in common.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by orange-light

pureevil81
young male in his 20s, music loving, a bit kind of fighting and provocating, (no offence, just from the avvy)

close, im 26, dont realy feel young, i have 3 kids

music is my favorite hobby/passion, i play guitar in a band so right on with that.

about the fighting/provacating, i dont indulge in the such anymore, i used to though, so you were pretty close there. im all peaceful like now though. my 3 kids have taught me alot about patience, something i didnt know the meaning of at one time.

BTW: what's up mr hungis
good thread, peace man

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Interesting that people always associate the loveheart symbol with women isn't it? Does anyone else want to guess before I reveal the truth?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
Generally, since the avatar is the most visual bit we get from people on forums, I do make a more than fair share of judgements based on them.
For instance, and don't take offense at this, but when someone uses something other than their own work, or even photoshoped pics, or a commisioned pic from someonelike I'm a Marty, I do start out thinking a little less of them than I normally would,
Not that I stick with that idea, but it's what I get first off.

Just remember, not all of us are technically saavy.

Would I like to create my own avatar? sure!But I am lucky to get ANY avatar on here.

[edit on 25-9-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Benevolent Heretic
i always thought you are german

I'm not, but my dogs are.

ok i see - your titles made me think this way

well choosen!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pureevil81

i know - kids teach you a different point of view in life
my son made me much more strong than i was before

see you avvy represents something of your former ego

anybody anyideas about mine?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Yossarian

Male, over 30, likes solving mysteries & figuring things out, concerned about world events & politics, protective of your privacy, skeptical but open-minded, you take pretty good care of your health, articulate and good at expressing yourself verbally and in writing, a reader. Of course your "name" would suggest that you are rebellious, selfish, highly enamored of your own life, and tend to think you're smarter than most of the people around you.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
reply to post by Yossarian

Male, over 30, likes solving mysteries & figuring things out, concerned about world events & politics, protective of your privacy, skeptical but open-minded, you take pretty good care of your health, articulate and good at expressing yourself verbally and in writing, a reader. Of course your "name" would suggest that you are rebellious, selfish, highly enamored of your own life, and tend to think you're smarter than most of the people around you.

Interesting.

Well, let's see how accurate you were.

I'm 24, female, like solving mysteries and problems, a reader, (my avatar is Sherlock Holmes, I'm a fan of the books), I don't drink, smoke or do drugs, I walk a lot, I write for a website and work in the media. Catch 22 is another favourite of mine and I was attracted to Yossarian by his rebellious nature, his logic, and the fact that he felt smarter then everyone else. Knew he was smarter.

So there you go!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What the hell

How about me then??

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

i'll try if you don.t mind

hmm you like dark colors - black
your background color is black, your titles and your avvy
makes it hard to read you

i would guess you are male, straight-line, accurate someway,
at the beginning of your 30s
although the person of your avvy is blind folded you want to see what is behind, getting to know
like justice is also shown with a blind at her eyes.
you don.t care of the first appearance, you just stick to the facts to get a fair opinion

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

just about spot on....nice one

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

after i did it i read you sig

like it and so true
and it fits with your avvy!

nobody dares to do mine

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

i hope my post finally showed up? (i could see it)

Anyways, even though people can see my physical status in avatar mode, what else do you think about me?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I find this thread very interesting...
How we think we present ourselves can or cannot be easily seen....and sometimes differs greatly with how we perceive ourselves.

Would you have a go at mine?

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TonicNYC
I find this thread very interesting...
How we think we present ourselves can or cannot be easily seen....and sometimes differs greatly with how we perceive ourselves.

Would you have a go at mine?

Thanks!

I'll have a go at it:
male, 19 years old, shy, would like to be more outgoing.

how did i do?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by emmy

Emmy...

You're obviously female, I'd say early 20's. (duh).

I think you are outspoken, adventurous, brave, fascinated by ghosts & creepy stuff, with a dry and/or satirical sense of humor. You aren't concerned much about your appearance or what others think of you, but you do want to be respected. You are concerned about the environment and like animals.

Is anyone going to take a shot at me?

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by orange-light

I would say...you are female, about 35 years old.

very laid back in nature...very liberal...very active and outgoing.
possibly into spiritual matters, regression and so on and you are a generally happy person.

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

after i did it i read you sig

like it and so true
and it fits with your avvy!

nobody dares to do mine

I get '___'
Berkeley
skinny, light-brownskinned young male
slightly smarmy punk-rock (Groovy Ghoulies, Selby Tigers, Psychotic Pineapple, Black Lips) plus drum-and-bass
a bit of a secretive sex life
political liberal
not the loud-talking-one in the group
work indoors, don't wear a tie, but not greasy sweaty or mechanical
without a current actual long-term life-plan, adrift, bemused
polite
Castlevania Vampirekiller game
fondness for the culture/anthropology of (native Americans/American Indians)
smoke cigarettes

but I know nothing, yupyup

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

I have to beg to differ here. I posted a thread this summer because I was fired for my bumperstickers. I think I got some VERY honest answers! I certainly dont think my overwhelming beauty(hard as it is to resist, teehee) has ever caused other members to hold back in what they think of one of my posts.

Anyway since I quoted your post, and have yet to finish this thread, I will say I always picture you as Daphne from Scooby Doo! Because I say your name like Breef Knee, Daphne, get it?

Also, I too thought Skyfloating was a woman, based on avatar.

I always use my own pictures as my avatar, and what you "see" here is pretty much what people get in real life. (another open book here) I have my own reasons for picking my user name, I am old and forgetful, this one is easy to remember.

Oh and I think of Karlhungis as the dude in his avatar, who I have to admit looks hot in that pose.

I have 'crushes' on some of the members based on avatars, but I am too much of a lady to tell who they are!

nyk537, I imagine as being like one of my teens friends, due to my son having your name and his crew enjoying the hell out of that cartoon that I just dont get AT ALL.

Roadgravel, your avatar is like driving down the road to Grandma and Grandpa's house, so I always imagine you as my grandpa!

I thought Kosmicjack was a guy a named Jack! I love how there seems to be quite a few females here, and outspoken ones too.

Okay, if I don't take a break and read the rest of the thread now, I will end up nodding off at work tomorrow.

Fun thread, I was in need of a smile tonight. Thanks for starting it, KH.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by nine-eyed-eel

thanks

some points are not bad
yeah work indoor without a tie, more liberal but non-smoker
and when being in a group - outside the internet - i use to listen to people if i don.t know them well, but i am not afraid talking to them

all the other points - no no not exactly

but isn.t it a lot of fun?
i am not male!
wished my skin would be the way you described!

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join