It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragon flies are not real!!!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
....flew right up to me, hovered and looked like it was taking pictures or something

maybe it was an "Asian" dragonfly?

too much?

On a serious note.. aren't dragonfly fingers too tiny to work the buttons?

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DGAF619

Debate? What I provided was proof POSITIVE that these "robotics" DO exist. Irrefutable, absolute and backed by photographs.

No debate there, friend...

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Peepers

That's the whole point here: This technology DOES exist and IS being used. People don't seem to get that military tech is always 10 - 12 years ahead of civilians. Thanks for this.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrobee

Astrobee: Did you actually read this thread? There is nothing absurd about this. There is proof positive that the CIA DID have and USE this technology and as I have noted about five times, the damn thing is on display in the CIA Museum. Hit the link on pages 5 and 6 and see the pics for yourself before making judgement

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beekersguy

Beekersguy: Typical. At no point have I even come close to insinuating that I have seen or been involved in any way, shape or form with this technology and it is you who are taking things wildly out of context. I simply pointed out that this technology EXISTS and that it has been USED. These are both facts. I don't know what your background in microbot technolgy is or how much experience you've had in field testing them, but since their main job is observing humans, can you posit why a 'bot observing the OP is so highly improbable? And again, all that I have stated is that THEY EXIST AND HAVE BEEN USED.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Has anyone else noticed this? I saw a dragin fly twice this past week....flew right up to me, hovered and looked like it was taking pictures or something and then it took off. Ive seen more of them lately and they seem more mechanical than natural. I think these are droids created by the government to fly around and "spy" on people.

This is the best thread EVER! Great work.

Anyway, to answer your question, dragin flies probably aren't real animals, at least not in this dimension. Just use the bigfoot test: When was the last time you saw a dead dragin fly? I know I've never seen one. But I've seen live ones. Either they're mechanical (with amazing power supplies, since I've never seen a deactivated one either) or interdimensional.

Flag and star for you!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
FBI = Federal Bureau of INSECTS!!!
CIA = Central INSECT Agency!!!

I'm seeing the big picture now!

or

It could be the insect paparrazzi. I've heard not all dragonfly photographers are spooks. Some work freelance.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
i don't know if anyone put this on here or not. i don't want to read any more of this thread than i have to, after glancing at the last page or two.

However, while looking for information on robotic systems today, i ran across this:

Beamed power for dragonfly spies

Developed during the 1970s, the CIA has displayed a mock-up of the micro UAV in its museum at its headquarters in Langley, Virginia since 2003. However until now no media organisation has been given access to the material that proved that the artificial dragonfly had been flight tested.

…. In the 1970s the CIA was interested in the dragonfly concept as a small unmanned surveillance device. Flight cannot reveal exactly what materials have been seen, but can confirm the four-winged robotic insect achieved sustained flight…. The CIA's entomopter dragonfly's power supply and actuation system for its wings are still highly classified subjects.

that was the 70's. This is now:

Washington abuzz with talk of dragonfly spies

US agencies are staying tight-lipped about robobug research, writes Rick Weiss.

VANESSA ALARCON saw them at an antiwar rally in Lafayette Square in Washington last month.

“I heard someone say: ‘Oh my god, look at those’,” the university student recalled. “I look up and I’m like, ‘What the hell is that?’ They looked kind of like dragonflies or little helicopters. But those are not insects.”

Bernard Crane saw them, too. “I’d never seen anything like it in my life,” the Washington lawyer said. “I thought: ‘Is that mechanical, or is that alive?’ “

That is just one of the questions hovering over a handful of similar sightings at political events in Washington and New York.

Some suspect the insect-like drones are high-tech surveillance tools, perhaps for the Department of Homeland Security.

No agency admits to having deployed insect-size spy drones, though several US Government departments say they are trying. But several federally funded teams are growing live insects with computer chips in them, with the aim of mounting spyware on their bodies.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

I agree.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

I had one SPLAT!! in my wind shield and it looked pretty juicy to me....lol

I think that one at least was perfectly real.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hello people,

Reading this thread brought back an event I lived with my then 7 years old daughter, some 3 years ago.

After dinner at my wife's parents home, we went to walk in the little wood behind the house. When we got close to a water recycling center just beside a genetically modified crop of corn that the canadian government was testing, about 6 dragonflies that measured easily 3 and a half inches started to act "kamikaze" style. There was an imaginary line that, when crossed, pushed those insects to attack us. There was a river some 30 feet to our right, so we were not close to any dragonflies eggs.
We "tested" their reaction for about 15 minutes and just couldn't get past that imaginary line. Also, there was this small black brick building built smack in the middle of the small corn field...

Usually, dragonflies are generally shy insects, except when they reproduce; then they don't have a care in the world. ( I know, THAT is common to every specie that IS reproducing... )

They were living dragonflies, not some kind of small robot. But I know that the technology to put implants on insects brain to control them exist. I saw a few documentary about that. And they were using cockroaches about the same size the dragonflies were.

Now, that corn field has become a street with houses...

I always had the feeling they were controlled and this thread brought back that little memory.

Have a nice day everyone, see you next time!

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by leaderof theTFHbrigade

Astrobee: Did you actually read this thread? There is nothing absurd about this. There is proof positive that the CIA DID have and USE this technology and as I have noted about five times, the damn thing is on display in the CIA Museum. Hit the link on pages 5 and 6 and see the pics for yourself before making judgement

Leader, yes, I read the post. You miss my whole point. I have no doubt we have nano technology to make drones that small.

Why would they spy on PrinceofPeace? THAT, my friend, is paranoia.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise

Anyway, to answer your question, dragin flies probably aren't real animals, at least not in this dimension. Just use the bigfoot test: When was the last time you saw a dead dragin fly? I know I've never seen one. But I've seen live ones. Either they're mechanical (with amazing power supplies, since I've never seen a deactivated one either) or interdimensional.
Flag and star for you!

You are kidding right? I will assume so..

I have a pond in my backyad (a stinky crappy one) and I have seen a bajillion dead dragon flies.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Astrobee: Thanks for clarifying, much appreciated. Now if he saw this, like one of the posts in this thread, at a protest, would that be paranoia? Just trying to define under what circumstances seeing a robot dragonlfly spy would NOT be paranoia.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Even though Dragon flies are real, I've always been fascinated by them since I was a kid.

However, if there was a bug that was big enough to replicate by artificial means it would probably be the Dragon Fly.
Easier than others I guess but seriously, 40 years ahead of our abilities to do so.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
WHAT??? Have you not even read any of this thread?

I guess you meant "40 years in the past", as the CIA was doing it in the 70s.

[edit on 16-7-2008 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aresh Troxit

They were living dragonflies, not some kind of small robot. But I know that the technology to put implants on insects brain to control them exist. I saw a few documentary about that. And they were using cockroaches about the same size the dragonflies were.

Awesome post, I had no idea they were doing this in the 70's!

thats nuts, so then it is entirely possible by today's means that they could have artificial drones today... Amazing...

[edit on 16-7-2008 by porschedrifter]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Is there any wonder why no one takes conspiracy theorists seriously when they see websites like this and see 10 pages of discussion on whether or not dragon flies are government spy cams?

[edit on 16-7-2008 by ALightinDarkness]

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Yes.....Until someone throws in some proof...

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join