It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time For Texas To Be Kicked Out: Good Riddance!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

I congratulate you sir on taking the top slot in my list of "THE MOST IGNORANT POSTS" I have seen on ATS in a very long while.

First off - just what does this have to do with Conspiracy ?
Has ATS just become a place for the ignorant to post their feelings ?
Did you just post this rant to try to score some more ATS points ?
Topics like yours are the reason ATS is being taken less seriously every day as a respectable Conspiracy site.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma
Insider's secret: Contrary to what most ppl think, the majority of us THAT ARE BORN AND BRED HERE are not racist, we don't give a *snip* about what your religion is, and we don't go out w/ bubba looking for ppl to abuse; rather we tend to live and let live.... but when it comes to the protection of this state and this country, the true texans don't lay down and get *snipped*. Our pride is a humble one and we have no problem w/ the "personal responsibility" concept.

From one Texan to another...well said and quite true. Texas is a bit more than boots and hats.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
wow i'm amazed. wanting to get rid of Texas bcs of the few bad apples that came out of it. I live in Texas, i moved here from New-Jersey, and i recently went back there to visit a few friends. Well tell you what, i'd rather get rid of New-Jersey/New-York before i get rid of Texas. Everyone up there is a #in prick, has the biggest attitude and thinks that the country revolves around them. People in Texas are proud to be Texan, love their country more than anyone else i know, and are not portrayed like on tv. I moved here because of family, to raise my 2kids and guess what, the system works a lot better here than it does there. oh and here is a nice surprise for you, i'm a french native, and i've gone all over texas, and people welcomed me even though i'm french. other states have been resilient to that. As far as the oil and gas goes well texas will keep it all, because its theirs. they still have plenty to tap into, and there's no reason they should give it to anyone else if they had to succeed, heck there's a pipeline in my backyard, that just wont go away. But you know what, let us leave the Union. If Texas became its own country, it would be the 10th superpower in the world. not too bad i think.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I live in Texas, have for the last 2 years. Texas is an amazing place and Dallas is a great town. No, I can't say I'm a Texan, I wasn't born here, but if this great state ever did find a way to succesfully secede, I hope they'll let me go with 'em. In my opinion your typical Texan embodies everything I wish America was. Independence, self sufficiency and all around goodness.
Just to remind you of how open hearted Texans are, keep in mind that the majority of displaced Katrina victims ended up in Texas, many of them are still here.
Texas would do fine as an idependent Republic again, we would love to not have to pay ridiculous income taxes and throw away Social Security money. Hell - I'm sure we would even let you keep W.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Buck Division

You really shouldn't pin all the bad things that are wrong with our country on Texas, I have lived here for 18 years, and i think it is a fine place to live. Im not racially/religiously intolerant, im not uneducated, im not white trash, hell, i dont even have an accent. My entire family is like what i have just stated, i normal everyday person. I dont drive a huge pickup truck with a shotgun rack in the back window, and saying that TX is the U.S.' problem is ignorant. It is no different than any other state, people from different areas are going to act differently from one another, and form what i have seen over my life, Texans are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Of course we have murderers, gangs, drug problems etc., but what state doesnt? Just because the Bush family is from TX doesnt mean we are all dumb asses like them, because i can assure you, no one down here likes them either. We are not the reason gas prices are so high, greedy business men are.

So, with all that said, look at your original post. You talk about intolerance in our state, yet you want to wipe us off the map. Seems a bit odd if you ask me. And WE are arrogant? Have you ever met someone from California? They think being from CA makes their sh*t not stink...well, some not all. Again you cant say the whole state is bad, when its not. Only the select few.

Im glad i live in TX, and i hope i dont ever have to leave.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by slicobacon
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Texas would do fine as an idependent Republic again, we would love to not have to pay ridiculous income taxes and throw away Social Security money. Hell - I'm sure we would even let you keep W.

Lmfao I think this will be the first time I have ever said this, but you my friend are certainly one of the few who should have probably been born here. You understand the meaning behind our pride.

Wish it was more of your type moving to Austin. Instead, we are getting Hollywood stars taking all the good areas that once were well kept secrets amongst those who grew up here in the area. I understand why they move here and that IS bc we really are "live and let live," but bc they are coming here, now everyone wants to come which means that places we once treasured are being turned into "resorts" or bought by the stars as their private residences... thus places that were once "sacred" to my generation and those before mine.. the well kept secrets that we could freely enjoy, appreciate, and leave for the next generation of tx teens are being fenced off and "no trespassing signs" posted all over.

It is sad and THAT attitude makes me angry. People can be so selfish. I am all for ppl having the right to own there property, but half these stars that are buying these properties aren't even there to appreciate the beauty and now these places that deserve to be enjoyed are going to waste. These were spots that we freely enjoyed and took care of amongst each other. It was for all of us to enjoy, not just the highest bidder...... rules changed

and these ppl putting a price on these certain areas that were understood (even by officials in the area) as being for all of us to enjoy turn around and call themselves texan at heart. THAT is
worthy to me. They completely miss the reason behind our pride and why we were able to maintain the "live, let live" attitude for so long.

too many things going on in this state and in this country and some of us are feeling backed into corners...... and corners are not places we like to be in

[edit on 12-7-2008 by justamomma]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:01 AM
link   
it pains my brain to try and understand why this is on the front page this morning.

Yeah its fun to hate texas and if your in colorado or california its like a spectator sport and thats fine and I agree with your comments its just that I would like texas to break off because the other 49 states are making us look bad.

and where else could a guy like kinky friedman live? and the bull dog alex jones?

ohh and the hill country in spring Ive heard that even blind people can see there.

neways the point is texas rocks, and in general all politicos dont.

edit to add
and what about lubbock texas americas finest city? and lets not forget that back in the day texas was a dip spittin demooocrat state with its constituents. (and we invented queso)

[edit on 12-7-2008 by 911fnord]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
When California had that out of the blue power shortage problem a few years back it came from Texas i think Enron was part of that. I Hate the Dallas Cowboys loved it when the Lakers beat the Spurs Other then that i love Texas

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Before my health problems started I was planning on moving to Texas. It is a great state and has many things going for it. I think you got it confused with Louisiana! (I couldn't resist poking fun at the state I lived in for a while)

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ken Lay - Enron

BACKGROUND: Born in 1942 in Tyrone, Mo. Mr. Lay's father, Omer, tried selling farm equipment and working in a feed store, but became a Baptist minister after bankruptcy forced the family to seek refuge with relatives.

Chuck Watson of Dynegy was born in Illinois.

I worked in the energy industry and many executives in those companies were not Texans.

Look into the Cali energy crisis. Deregulation at the wholesale market and California's decision to regulate retail pricing didn't help the cause.

Edit:

With California declining to build power plants and relying on imports from other states, problems should be expected.

[edit on 7/12/2008 by roadgravel]

SR

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
So say it happened and the USA continued to go down the pan while Texas and Mexico started to do well and prosper who you going to blame next for all the problems and kick out of the Union?? Iowa?? Vermont??

Not to mention the fact that your ignorance on the matter how many people lost and gave their lives for Texas and the ideal of the United States of America. You just suddenly want to over rule the sacrifices made at the Alamo amongst other battles fought throughout your countries history???

What a joke....to think how people gave their lives so you could sit their and make such statements and have the freedom to do so. It's disgraceful really that you would want to disrespect them like that.

The question is what have you contributed to your country except moaning on the internet. Cause without a doubt the Texans contribute far more and have done throughout their entire history in the USA.

[edit on 12-7-2008 by SR]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I'm still confused about this post! Was it a troll for points, or was it a small exhibition of the vastness of your nescience?
You obviously have never set foot here, nor met many people from here; and that alone should have been cause enough for you to keep your ignorant mouth closed.
Seriously, ATS is slipping further and further into the gutter.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
*giggles*
well OP, a few of us understand what you were doing, but i must say that you have also helped to show us texans something that may not have been your intention to bring to light.

it is clear that some of these posters are not in or have only recently come here and how defensive THEY get over us makes me proud to be a Texan living in America.

I have been blessed!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buck Division
It is a satirical thread, dealing with nationalism and blame passing, and directing bad will against some really arbitrary group of people. I have seen so many threads attacking the USA or Israel or Iran that take the EXACT same tone. So this thread was suppose to illustrate how stupid and irrational that type of hatred is. That was my intention. In case you missed it.

I think alot of people are missing the true intent of this thread. BD's little piece of satire has pointed just how stupid it is to stereotypically paint a segment of society or an entire nation. I must say, he did a pretty damn good job of it, too. Judging by the harshness of some of these posts, it looks like he hit a soft spot.

I would like to commend Buck Division for bringing a touch of realism to the subject of intolerance.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Delete this post

Its useless

[edit on 7/12/08 by NovusOrdoMundi]

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
There are evil people in Texas who should be in prison like ... Barbara Bush,

what did Barbara Bush do that's supposedly illegal?

I was stationed in Texas for two years. I LOVED being in Texas. LOVED IT. The people were nice. The scenery, especially in the Spring, was beautiful, and it was wonderful to explore the old missions and history of the area. I REALLY liked the Chili Cookoff in N.W. San Antonio that I went to! YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAW it was great! The beaches were nice. I've been to better but I've also definately been to worse.

Texas is home to some of our largest military posts and is important to our national security. The sheer size of that state as well as it's resources are important for the USA as well.

If you want to 'kick out' states .. then definately wipe Texas off your list. How about kicking out the city of Los Angeles. Now there is a bunch of shallow useless leftwing people who this country has no use for.
The entertainment bunch can all go move to communist cuba or something!

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

No, we nailed the true intent of this thread straight off the bat! This was a troll post; pure and simple. The cause for the post, namely highlighting some stereotypical witch-mongerey of some ambiguous group, is entirely incidental to the actuall purpose of this thread, namely: get people riled up and score points!
If the OP was really intent on raising our awereness off such blithe and droll topics, there were a multitude of other, more open paths he could have walked. Instead, he decided on the one with the most reactionary points potential.
So I guess what you're saying, is that the ends justifies the means, and trick questions for points-cropping is fine on this forum?
Is that a conspiracy to corrupt the integrity of ATS? Would anyone even care anymore? Has it already gone to the dogs?

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Buck Division, you obviously have'nt lived in Texas, even if you did, it was'nt very long. I'm from Texas, there are some of the nicest folks in the world there, I've made friends there that are so loyal to me that they would kill for me (one almost did).
You ideas about Texas are full of holes (I admit I have'nt read the whole three pages, so I'm guessing you may have changed your mind).
Texas is a real beatiful place and there have been many great people that have come from here (Ron Paul id the first that comes mind).
You also have some freakin' awesome technology that has been developed here (and folks say Texans are stupid rednecks), like Texas Instruments, they made (I think) the new Digital projectors being used in movie theatres all across America.
Sure Texas has it's faults, but what state does'nt, how about yours? What state do you come from and what are it's faults?
It's not fair to just pick on one state, singling them out because a few people (who aren't even from that state) have screwed things up.

-Jimmy

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
lyndon Johnson did some pretty cool things as president. Like drive 90MPH on dirt back country roads sipping booze from a dixicup with dignitaries in the passenger seat frightened for their lives. Pretty cool if not crazy.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Come here to my state before you start spouting nonsense. I can list of bad things in whatever state you living just based on my perception with that same load of crap.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join