It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio Grass man Expedition Aug. 2008

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:55 AM
link   
In the approaching weeks I am putting together a trip to Salt Fork State park in Ohio. We are going there to search for evidence, either video or photos of "The Ohio Grass Man". Since the recent Monsterquest episode I have become obsessed with attempting an expedition to the Bigfoot triangle. I have some questions for the forum. We are planning to set up camp in a region that is not traveled much by the public. I have collected evidence from numerous web sites, and believe that a large point has been missed. Can anyone tell me if in planning the trip we need to worry about the "smell" of humans. I know in hunting for fox, smell plays a major factor. One drop of spit will send the fox in the opposite direction of a trap.
Is there evidence of smell affecting a search?
Is there recorded proof of a certain attractant that will draw Bigfoot in?
Should the party attending the expedition plan on eliminating human smell?
I appreciate your input. Thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
dont eat bacon, salt or processed foods for 1 week before. eat a veggie diet. your sweat will put out a bad odor if not. then wash your clothes and self in baking soda.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I'm not too sure on anyone having recorded proof of a certain smell that attracts any animals, except for the natural smell and enhanced hormones of a woman / female of any species during that special time of the month.

I can say that times that I have been hunting with women during that time more animals seem to come around, curious. I remember one time at a small zoo on the outskirts of orlando on a visit with a group of friends, one girl "was having her friend visit" and she made all of the animals go crazy when she came by the cages. She was even sprayed by the lions ! It was unbelievable that they were able to sense it. Scary too, because some of the lions and monkeys charged the cages to get to her.

Not to be on the gross side but maybe you could borrow some ladies disposable items to hang in trees ?? Maybe ?? Not too sure on what exactly would be attracted ... May be a good idea, may be a horrible idea, but none the less an idea.

Definately something to think about. Because we as humans can detect that change in hormones and pheremones, as do all creatures. Since all creatures need to reproduce, including Bigfoot, maybe they can detect that change as well ? And remember ... Fresher is better !!!! ugh. sorry. Hopefully you can find some girls brave enough to tromp through the woods during their time. If you dont see a Bigfoot you may at least get great glilmpses of bear and deer ???

Good Luck !

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
OH!!! I wish I could go on that expedition! I want to go on one so bad. I think I may almost have my husband talked into a camping trip in the forest along the Louisiana/Texas line, there have been numerous BF sightings in that area.

I do agree with the previous poster in regards to having a female on her cycle if at all possible. However, if that isn't possible, I do think just having a female with you may make a difference. Even if it isn't her time of the month, we ladies do still put out a different vibe and scent than you menfolk.

**Edit for spelling & punctuation**

[edit on 11/7/08 by quaple_pouge]

[edit on 11/7/08 by quaple_pouge]

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by cbj845

It's funny you mentioned hanging womens disposables in the trees to lure them in. My brother used to do that during the White Tail rut.

This may sound gross but he used to tie them to his boots on his walk in to his tree stand, then hang them in the tree. He watched a big 14 pointer follow the exact route he had taken through the field with it's nose to the ground. Needless to say he got the buck and he swears by this method of attracting deer.

Will it work on a Bigfoot? Who knows. Has anyone ever tried it?

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
dont eat bacon, salt or processed foods for 1 week before. eat a veggie diet. your sweat will put out a bad odor if not. then wash your clothes and self in baking soda.

Thats great I needed some info like that. The team will have to do this so we can decrease the smell.

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Being that I grew up in that general area, I'd love to go too, but alas, I'm trapped in Florida ... economics; the ultimate prison ... sigh.

Don Keating used to track Bigfoot in that area ... 'Been to a few of his local meetings before and my grandfather was an avid attendee. He had no doubts about the creature, having seen it on more than one occasion.

Actually, now that I think about it, there's another elusive creature allegedly stalking those woods in Ohio ... but most folks refuse to believe it. While coyotes and wolves have been reported running with wild dog packs, there's staunch resistance in belief in the big cats that seem to be reported every generation or so. My father and his uncle had a VERY close encounter with a black colored cat with paws "easily the size of a man's hand; all fingers stretched wide".

But then Ohio, particularly that region of the state - where I grew up, and where you are going - has a rich history of the Weird. There are plenty of ghost stories, unexplained missing persons, UFOs, and rumors of devious cults to go around.

Enjoy your trip ... and watch out for the deer too ... they run in large herds ... 18-24 heads ... inside the park where they know they are safe from hunters.

TFD

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This may seem crude but beleive me it works. Do not shower or shave or use any type of soap products for 10+ days prior to departure. leave your clothing outdoors yes even if it rains the musk will help you seem more natural. When going to the bathroom to releive yourself do not use any type materials man made for wipping yourself. Use if you can natural items leaves etc.
Do not have any type of sexual contact even with yourself, yes I'm serious.
Bring fruits and vegetables only no exotic fruits only local. when sitting at your watch station be prepared to sit for hours, the pits or peels of the fruits wipe all over you face and hands. Do everything you can not to break wind the scent may distract the prey. If you can hold in all you can and release before or after, never pass gas where you intend to be the next day.
If you can do not wear socks or shoes, try sandles made of leather.
anything man made can be smelled by the creature, so camera cases weather gear etc.
I have had much success doing what I 've said.

Thank you,

Galvin Mc Kinners

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The team we are taking is comprised of persons with several different roles. We are packing in as a two team set The first team will head in and locate via GPS the triangulated area in the Bigfoot triangle where the last three sightings have been. The will pinpoint a central location, and name that a our base camp. The sleeping area will be concealed and enclosed uses new camo enclosed duck blinds. From there the second team will head in with the technical equipment.
1. Parabolic mic with digital recorder
2. Digital video with night shot.
3. High res. Digital photography equipment.
4. Lap top equipped with gps triangulation and topographical mapping software.

The team will sleep in shifts during day and night. We have a map of Salt Fork and all the recent locations loaded for us to venture out to. Its going to be rough with no facilities, hiding our trails and scents as well as no fires. Eating premade crap is going to blow, but we will manage. The female in our group will provide the extra scent discussed earlier. When all is done I plan to share our findings with the forum. If we dont see the "Grassman" then I hope to see your elusive black cat.

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Make sure you do plenty of day scouts. I have never understood why, on televised BF searches, they always do it at night when every photo or video you see is shot in the day time.....What makes people so sure a BF type creature is nocturnal? I believe them to be daiunrnal (I think that is a word, but I may have just made it up!).

posted on Jul, 12 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I agree with you. If BF was related to humans in some way, and I feel they must be. Why would they hunt at night. They dont seem to have any low-light capabilities. I believe they have an increased sense of smell, not sight. Silence is there secret. Not seeing at night.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Hope you can help. Putting together extensive supply list. Any ideas?

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Any ideas?

If you follow some of the hygienic recommendations in this thread, please don't fly or use any other form of public transportation.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 14 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Just another thought...
If you do get a chance to see, photograph, record whatever happens, hopefully whom ever is manning the cameras will be able to get a steady bead on the subject at hand and that it won't only be the "last five minutes and the batteries went dead" kind of snippets, or I was so surprised that i forgot that the camera was in my hand !

Regarding the transportation.. I think i can remember seeing a show one time that all of the group was away from the vehicles and scouting and when they got back to the cars there were prints around the cars and in camp ?? Might be good to cover that base as well with cameras ?

definately keep us posted !

posted on Jul, 24 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TinFoilDerby

I live in Pike County. I live by the state forrest. There are wild cats here. My son & I have saw Bob Cats here. My son also saw a very large black cat that everyone says is a panther right here in my yard. I believe there is another creature in our woods. My son & others have spotted a 2 legged creature that is brown like a deer, about 5' I believe, red eyes & really creapy looking. Some say it looks similar to a drawing of a werefolf. I haven't saw it, but don't want to from what I have heard. Last summer when sitting outside with a friend, I felt like someone was watching us from the tree line. A few mnutes later, all the dogs around started carrying on bad & we smelled something AWEFUL. There is more in the woods than reported.

posted on Aug, 15 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Smell is a big factor, try not walking on the same paths spred it out. or eventuly you will create a smell on the path.
Sound may be another thing to think about, usualy if you are in the woods and close to other animials the wont make the same sound yuo may want calls, bird, squirl, owl whatever would be making sounds during the time you are in the woods.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I encountered one at 3:15 AM so stay out late.
my dog woke up out of a dead sleep growling. (My camp dog First Alert)
it stomped at the ground like a nervous deer would but then escalated into it hitting a tree trunk with another piece of wood and breathing heavy..when it did this I got very scared..knowing it was not a deer now
this whole incident lasted about 15 minutes ...then it stopped ... I was south of Perry St forest catfishing on brush creek i''m so glad i had the river seperating us.... I had a fire ...had music going not loud but on.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
remote underground caverns in British Columbia maybe the answer to
all this biped mystery.

posted on Sep, 4 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I just watched an episode of Monster Quest on the history channel tonight about the Ohio Grassman. I'd never heard of it before. Then I stumbled onto this thread. The history channel is rerunning the show again at 1 am.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join