It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pyramids on the Moon? (PIC)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
This is photo AS17-135-20680 taken by Apollo 17 near "Geophone Rock". It was officially cataloged as being "blank". The NASA-LPI online archive doesn't mention it at all. And i had never seen it before, thought it was really interesting. The image however does suffer from excessive light exposure, but with some light effects you can more easily define the picture's shape. Image from NASA official website.

Original Photo:

Full Size: img244.imageshack.us...

Here with auto-corrected colors:

Full Size: img525.imageshack.us...

And here colors are inverted:

Full Size: img525.imageshack.us...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by luis9343]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
It doesn't take alot of imagination to see what is in the pics.
There is no doubt that whomever is responsible for these pyramids has been here much longer that we have. I wish I knew what their purpose was. One day soon we will all know.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Is there a link to the picture on NASA's website? Imageshack isn't reliable for 'NASA' photos. These look like pyramids, definately but it could be a photo from Earth, not the Moon.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I'm sure this topic of the pictures you are showing us has been talked about on Ats many times

I must say that the world would be a better place if they just told us the truth

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   
Sodom

LRV Floor

si its the floor of the rover ????

nix pyramid....

sodom

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unsane
Is there a link to the picture on NASA's website? Imageshack isn't reliable for 'NASA' photos. These look like pyramids, definately but it could be a photo from Earth, not the Moon.

Here is the direct link to the picture on NASA website: history.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
reply to post by luis9343

Thankyou.

Well it is certainly strange, but if they are trying to hide something, why post pics blatantly depicting pyramids on the Moon?

Why hasn't any astronomer found them on the surface?

JbT

posted on Jul, 11 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
These have been looked at and debunked I belive. I'll write what I remeber for that topic. Assuming the debunk is correct.

There is a serise of 5-6 pictures at the end of that roll of film that NASA put up for viewing. The last picture on the film was that picture of the so called "pyramid".

If you look at the 5-6 pictures in sequence they are of the lander with some view of the martian land. The 5-6 pictures pan to the left ever so slightly as the 5-6 pictures are being taken. The second to last one actually shows a little bit of the inperfection that is seen in this so called "pyramid" picture which looks like some sort of washout due to the sun coming into the shots as the panning takes place. Its is assumed that the so called "pyramid" picture, or formally, the last picture in the sequence is totally exposed to sunlight and is therefore distorted.

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The really interesting thing to me is not so much the fact that there's an apparent pyramid, it's that when I messed around with contrast and such myself, there's a clear indication of not only the face that is almost parallel to the camera plane, but also the face that is to the left of that...

posted on Jul, 13 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by JbT

i believe it was armap who did the work up on that. maybe internos. one of them will stroll by here eventually and spread the enlightenment.

I would assume that when you said "martian" you meant "lunar".

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I am of the opinion that this has been, or will be discredited. As usual, the quality of the picture is lacking. One must squint, blink, and use all sorts of adjustments to bring out the "mysterious" object. Just once, as in all the other pictures that NASA seems to put out, I'd like to see something strange that doesn't have to be squinted, blinked, or overly-adjusted to make it discernible to the common man/woman.

But Damn if it isn't fun to keep hoping... I know that I do. Would love to see that one photo of a pyramid, face, house, car, ufo, friendly waving alien, etc. That would make sense.

posted on Sep, 15 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The pyramid, if it really exists is in the south west area of Taurus Littrow quite close to Bear Mountain. Those who say that the picture shows the footwell of the rover are mistaken. You can download [icture after picture of the rover and look at the actual designs and you will find nothing that correlates with the pyramid picture.
Coincidentally, the pictures which were used to fake William Rutledges "City" photographs (Apollo 17) are also taken in this area! There is also supposed to be another pyramid on the rim of the Triesnecker crater...

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
I am of the opinion that this has been, or will be discredited. As usual, the quality of the picture is lacking. One must squint, blink, and use all sorts of adjustments to bring out the "mysterious" object. Just once, as in all the other pictures that NASA seems to put out, I'd like to see something strange that doesn't have to be squinted, blinked, or overly-adjusted to make it discernible to the common man/woman.

But Damn if it isn't fun to keep hoping... I know that I do. Would love to see that one photo of a pyramid, face, house, car, ufo, friendly waving alien, etc. That would make sense.

I have to agree with Anonymouse... It would be nice if just once, the pics we look at didn't have to be modified, lightened, tilted, darkened, color modified, or somehow or otherwise adjusted, so that when we look at it through squinted eyes, and purple sunglasses, while making squiggy sounds with our cheeks, we would see Marvin the Martian waving at us.

Just once a good pic with clear all over it and no need for the above type of analysis, would be okeydokey with me.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by luis9343

I am impressed very much so. Are these images publically available, or
are you privy to these?

Can you see the man on the moon? Too cool for school.

Thank you for sharing.

mapsurfer_

[edit on 24-9-2008 by mapsurfer_]

JbT

posted on Sep, 25 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by JbT

i believe it was armap who did the work up on that. maybe internos. one of them will stroll by here eventually and spread the enlightenment.

I would assume that when you said "martian" you meant "lunar".

Yep, I belive you are right. I dont feel like searching myself. If these folks want to find out the right info, they can search themselves.

LOL, and yea. Lunar, not martian.

posted on Dec, 7 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If this picture reveals the existence of a pyramid on the Moon, it also reveals the existence of sandstorms there. Jeez.

posted on Apr, 5 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
OK Sorry for necroing this but what I was really after was the ATS reaction to this on Google Moon.

29" 28"35"45 N
148" 53.06 E

For those that have never done it before the coordinates are on the bottom of the screen, simply rotate the moon until the numbers come close to matching.

Got that from this guy's vid. Interesting to note that most of the structures he's showing are smudged out now.
However the Pyramid is there clear as a bell for all to see.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbass
There is no doubt that whomever is responsible for these pyramids has been here much longer that we have. I wish I knew what their purpose was. One day soon we will all know.

You really believe in pyramids on the moon ?

Regards,
Ancient Egyptian.

posted on May, 5 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by cbass

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientEgytian

You ask the wrong question. It isn't about whether you believe they are there or not. It is whether you believe it is possible, based on the evidence, that they are there.

Ingo Swann was trained as a remote viewer, and he worked with Hal Puthoff at SRI on the "psychic spy" program for the CIA. He says that on the far side, there is enough atmosphere that people work without breathers. That is what he saw on the moon. I would take his word over your average layperson.

Are you an "average layperson"?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join