It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UK surrendering to Islam?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I feel sorry for the "average" Muslim family, because of the media. But this is just the way it is, because they have extremists still living in our country and poncing our taxes. That's why there is problems with hate crimes.

Get the extremists out of here, and hopefully everyone can get back to living in the rat race we call life!

Oni

Just to clarify, "they" don't have extremists living in this country, we as a country have them, "they" and extremists are two seperate groups.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Having lived in the UK all my life and also living in one of the Asian hubs of the country I can say this with certainty - Britain will fall to the Muslim way of life in time, watch what happens when there is something in the newspaper that upsets the nuclear British family... nothing, we can't be bothered... watch what happens when something happens that the Muslims dislike... massive great demonstrations that would put the French unions to shame and for that fact the government must take note. That is why the Muslims will win nothing more, we can't be arsed to save our "culture" (the British way of life died decades ago). The current British culture is football yobs, knife wielding gangs and PC idiots, we deserve to rot, I just hope other nations take note of our demise.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
live in london and the truth is english people have a awful culture if any, the english lack confidence so being a bully sometimes makes most feel good

The people over here are very simple and almost like sheep in a herd, it really annoys me that everybody is so fake when out in the public, my typical day on the way to work “every morning the whites stare at the blacks unless there are muslims“ "the blacks ignore because they don’t want to be seen as aggressive" “the whites pretend they are rich and wonderful while looking around the train for victims of there subtle racism“, and then when the white man gets to work he becomes nearly normal again greeting everybody with polite words regardless of the religion etc, being of mixed race black I have experienced racism but not just because I'm half black at school when kids found out my mum was irish I became IRA

My point is all blacks could work live in nice houses be well educated the white man will find another way to degrade the black man or any other non white, every day I take my £3000 racing bike to work and everyday I get on the train I get a white guy staring at my bike for his entire journey thinking he is the first not realising I’m laughing inside because to me the guy staring is just a robot, anyway enough from me messysc aka the soldier

Edgware road and its wealth was taking over by muslims/Arabs over 30 years ago nobody had a problem then

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chewlip

Yes, there are a handful of Muslim Extremists, but to judge all Muslims on this is nothing short of racism.

I get tired of pointing this out ad nauseum. No one said "all muslims". You're the one attempting to lump them all together.

To answer the OP, IF the UK is "surrendering" to Islam, it's the fault of The British Government, and the media. NOT the Muslim people.

But it is because the muslim people will not assimilate, instead demanding to be able to import their way of life.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by applecrumblemaker

Edgware road and its wealth was taking over by muslims/Arabs over 30 years ago nobody had a problem then

Haha yes, I personally think edgeware road is a pretty nice place. Regardless of who lives there. Off topic : and seriously when I go around bayswater area, I see quite a lot of really beautiul arab and non arab girls.... wow. It's like they all live in rich areas haha.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
First up, let me say i view myself as Scottish first, british after that. Ive followed this thread feeling that those from America are classing all UK nationals as being the same, we are not. I beleive that all races should be able to live together, grow together and learn from each other and in Scotland I believe we have a very healthy outlook to the relationship we have with the muslim communities in places such as Glasgow and Edinburgh. We have enough of a problem with the sectarian culture in Scotland without increasing the hate factor by a adding muslims to the hit list. Please let me say to all those who view the UK as becoming a race of namby pamby liberal no commenters, dont ever imagine that the Scottish race will sit by and watch if they try to take our freedoms from us. Why do you think we have diffirent laws from the rest of the UK, its not because we are lovable or afraid, its because when push comes to shove we are passionate about our heritage and culture. If America was Scotland dubya would have been ousted a long while ago, or in the words of Smeato, we would have set aboot him.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Okay THEY was the wrong word to use, WE have extremists living in Britain.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
With this global war on terrorism in full swing, I find it interesting that the UK seems to be catering to the beliefs of the Islamic culture.

Have the politicians had enough of this war and are caving in to the demands of the Islamic faith? Are they surrendering publicly in the guise of being more sensitive towards different faiths? The problem with this is it seems that Islam is the only faith they seem to be catering too.

Here are a list of threads on ATS dealing with these issues:

Islam will win
U.K. - Sharia law is spreading as authority wanes
Muslim husbands with more than one wife to get extra benefits as ministers recognise polygamy
Outrage at Puppy in Police Officers Hat
Schoolboys Get Detention for Refusing to Pray to Allah
Sniffer dogs to wear 'Muslim' bootees

These are better classified as the tabloid press desperately trying to increase sales by appealing to stupid people who believe everything they LITERALLY read in a newspaper.

The question is: Are you stupid enough to believe in what you read at face value or intelligent enough to get at the truth?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

He states : Everything you read in the news is wrong!!!!
lol

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by malcr

That sir was the point of this thread. I don't live there, all I know is what I read, and what I have read disturbs me.

After the attacks of 7/7 The UK has pulled out of Iraq and now they seem to be catering to the Islamic culture at the expense of there own.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

Not sure if its Islam or culture that is the problem..I find the Mid east culture aggressive its their way of life!! tribal and barter..the brits can be pretty stupid and very accepting ...we learn't from wars and occupations..

But my point is..we the Brits are very accepting..after all thats what made us the best..now we have a culture in our midst..that want to impose their values....

I have had Muslim friends and where i come from Bradford Beeston ..its not very far..but go into some areas...not a good idea as a white or even a black....you are in a dodgy place..yet this is my country.....they should be able to come to my area..and feel safe...as a white go to some of the asian areas...not a good idea.. this is my opinion I travel about some areas of the UK..

An example during my travels I visited the Midlands.and in some heavily diverse areas...but I still felt safe..in fact an area of birminghamI saw very few whites ..most that I saw looked Indian or black.there were so many colours..a lot of Sikhs and black people..but at no time did I feel threatened..yet I can go to some areas of the north...and for some reason I feel unsafe..would be interesting to hear other views of people that have travelled about in the Uk....

And before anyone jumps on this ,,,I don't give a monkeys what colour or religion you are...in this country UK ..you can be whatever you are....its just the buggers who ram it down your throat and demand extra rights..its so wrong..

The Sikhs. Buddhist, Hindus..whatever don't demand...why have these people got the monopoly on victimisation and rights...

Will the UK surrender ..no I think not..its the government and the idiotic liberals that bend over backwards..

But there is a dangerous undercurrent...and a tinderbox..that will be lit by a spark..all others that love this country even though the picture seems so much in fighting...every other person that has come to this country will stand against Islam....because the other creeds colours religions came to this country for freedom...and I welcome them!!..

Thats what the UK is about..the mix..and we will overcome!

But that my opinion..only not racist but I can see a culture imposing its collective will...it will go so far...then they will be in for a nasty shock...

A lot of Sikhs in this country..look up their history!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x

Okay THEY was the wrong word to use, WE have extremists living in Britain.

Yes and we together must work against them. In my opinion proper education and healthy relationships with one another is a start.

More videos like this should be made. Most famous pakistani singers come together to sing to the world, that they are not like terrorists they are not them, extremists and terroists are bad.
Watch it if you want. It's a great idea, we just need more like this.

This is not us.

And we also need groups like this in the UK, and more around the world, The Movement Against Terrorism, in India Imans educate people in mosques that terrorism is wrong. I think that is great.
timesofindia.indiatimes.com...
muslimmedianetwork.com...

I really think we need more of those. That is the answer.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
The UK is giving up Christian morals and leaving doors open to Satanism, Nazi's, Freemasons and Muslims all with the same agenda to take our freedoms away. Along with the highest CCTV survailance in the world with stupid taxes making us even more poor and with silly rules to abide by but letting criminals off because the prisons are too full.

They want this self destruction and Islam will be used to take away our way of life, that is why they are so PC about it, the ones at the top want to imprison us. Look at how Saddam used school children to spy on thier parents and execute anyone who went against him, people were afraid to speak up or go out. Iraq is now England and England is now the new Iraq metaphorically.

Its not only Islam being used but many opressive moments that are combining, and the ones denying the Bible are writing about its denial from the same source inspired by the devil, no wonder they all sound the same.

I have my own experiences and tell you the Bible is the way forward for the UK because right now not only is evil rising from the ground we stand on but from the sky too, check out the UFO sitings in England lately.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
What I see is a lot is Americans saying all this negative stuff about the UK. Like you really know? By watching media? I especially see some americans make fun of the UK, or say it's basically a crap place and they hope the usa never ends up the same lol.

I would like UK members views too. Not just views from people basing it all on exaggerated propaganda media reports.

I feel like we are. Well when I say we, 'we' dont really have a say and our current government that is slowly ruining our nation are the ones who are.

Its ridiculous. This is Britain, not any islamic state/country. If they complain or dont like the way we run our country, dont like our way of life or our rules. Then they can return to where they initially came from. What would happen if we ever walked into an islamic state, started complaining about there way of life, human rights and laws and even demanded change!?! Most likely locked away thats what.

I mean look at that whole sniffer dog postcard situation. The police put up postcards with a puppy sniffer dog in a police hat to promote some sort of scheme (cant remember what it was). Then, islams noticed the postcard and demanded it be taken down as its offensive to there beiliefs or culture. And they even took it down! This is our country, and believe it or not, as a nation the majority love pets/dogs/animals!

Fair enough we have to respect them to some degree, but things like the example above are way over the top.

Our piece of sh*t government is so worried about saying the right thing and being politically correct, they forget what is really important. Actual british people who have british heritidge who have grown up and loved this country and spent there lifes working and paying taxs to this country. And for what, to be screwed over as soon as we turn our backs...

[edit on 10-7-2008 by Proto]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Two things that really stir me..the song Jerusalem...and the film 300 ...the belief in my country ...and the will to fight for freedom ..no matter what the odds..

just my observaions...and this is a general things,,,Islam has wars to oppress..yet generally other culture war for freedom!!

thats my opinion..only...and I have better things to do than trawl the net for evidence to back stuff up...been about and its an unbiased opinion..

Well i think anyway....

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

"leaving doors open to Satanism, Nazi's, Freemasons and Muslims"

i think UK public and all countries of the EU should worry more about the lisbon treaty rising up again , instead of making a fuss about what some muslims want.
Believe me , the lisbon treaty will be alot worse that leaving the doors open to satanism ...

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
reply to post by The time lord

"leaving doors open to Satanism, Nazi's, Freemasons and Muslims"

i think UK public and all countries of the EU should worry more about the lisbon treaty rising up again , instead of making a fuss about what some muslims want.
Believe me , the lisbon treaty will be alot worse that leaving the doors open to satanism ...

I just named a few I know the list is bigger but in the end its all part of the same rope that will tie it together.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh dear

Two reasons why this thread is insane;

1) Young Muslims in Britain are more liberal than their parents. I went to college with Muslims who were secularists and rejected Islam. Britain is the most secular country in the world and Atheism is the fastest growing religion - which is growing rapidly with citizens who were Muslims. All polls show and prove the liberal and atheist growth.

2) Birth rates. Evidence has been released showing Britain is currently in a baby boom [read the Daily Telegraph article] - largest baby boom since the 1970s. Unlike Europe and even America, the white birth rate is increasing in Britain. White mothers are currently having 1.7 children (up from 2006). Due to immigration from Eastern Europe, the 2 million Polish citizens have contributed to the white rate and will continue too. Heck, the Catholic birth rate is huge to. That's why the BNP have dropped race from their platform.

Amercians should be more worried about their demographics* before giving Europe a lecture. Once the European-Americans are the minority in the Southern Western States, you can kiss goodbye to them. Mexico will want them back.

*Hispanics are the most important voting block in America already.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by infinite]

SR

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bubbles75

Its Israeli spam.
They were saying on another thread that goats were more important than a woman in Muslim traditions and that women on facebook are executed in Saudi arabia:

www.facebook.com...
Thats a hell of a lot of women due for execution.
UK media and US media is owned by Jews and that is why those two countries are killing Palestinian and Lebanese Christians and branding their protectors terrorists.
More Israeli spam this happened to the winnipeg forum of Indymedia, nobody uses that forum much any more.
Your countries have been kidnapped by zionists and they make you kill your own and hate your protectors, note how american (lead by jews) don't even consider catholics christians.
ATS should get rid of this stuff or poeple will just stop coming here.

What's with all the jew hate?? Do you actually know any jews??? Your bodering on racist whack job here are you just reciting what you where taught.

I think you'll find the worlds problems aren't caused solely by the jews....

This site is about denying ignorance not promoting it.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Proto

The thing is, why do you worry so much?

You have exaggerated these news reports, only a "Tiny" amount of muslims have ever complained about anything.

Why should you be worried at all? When most muslims never complain, never take anything for granted, and are normal everyday hard working family people.

Why filter out all that, and choose to let news reports like those affect you.

And it's funny you bring up that specific report. If your basing your views on these reports, maybe you should be more aware of how media works.
And Look at this, this report begs to differ.
www.thecourier.co.uk...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join