It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UK surrendering to Islam?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

You should run for parliment. Maggie T just got beat hands down.

See ya in chat.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Anti-Tyrant

I'm not religious, I wish sometimes I was. I just don't believe it, and I completely respect any person who does believe in God.

Maybe it is the shadow people coming out to play.

Oni

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

Ah, but God is usually referred to in terms of that of the Christian.

With so much emphasis being placed on the Christian faith, you really don't think it's possible that the Islamic faith is sneaking in through the back door, as it were?

P.s: I don't think this is a bad thing, i'm just making a point of observation.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   

I think that the UK is made up of so many different religions. I can't really say that only because kids-young adults don't believe in just Christianity that the Islamic beliefs are over taking.

I still think it is down to the UK law and them taking the mick.

Oni

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

That's possible, u.k law does defend people's freedom of faith - i know that because it says so somewhere within the 800+ other laws that have been passed by the country's administration (including Tony Blair) since the 90's.

Maybe we're merely looking at the same coin here, Christianity is seen as something integral to the cultural identity of the west, so i suppose it's only natural that if christianity loses influence, another Religion will be there to take up the loss in belief.

I suppose it doesn't matter how you look at it, our culture's dead.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I don't think our culture is dead, we just need to fight for it. Regain the strength of good old Great Britain.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Oni x x

If that's the case then we should probably start by dealing with the recent run of prime ministers who don't really do much but say a lot.

I mean, the last three have been fairly useless when you compare them to the more "old school" types like Thatcher.

There is something to be said for radical change, it does get the public's attention at the very least.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here's something for further consideration:
Link

Link

PLease take the time to read these articles properly and all the way through.

Think some of this might be at the heart of the "problems"?

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

If you can call it a problem, sure.

But that's the point - the media is more than willing to report on the latest gay priest because it's taking a stab at the catholic church, which has more or less been notorious for keeping the media under it's thumb for quite a while, at least until recently with the rise of the liberal media.

Islam, in comparision to Christianity, is like the liberal media's worst nightmare.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
It's quite simple in my opinion, most muslims don't want sharia law, sharia law is corrupt. Even some muslims have moved to the uk to escape those crazy laws. From what I have seen most muslims don't want any changes, actually that topic has almost never even come up. So where do these worries come from? think about that.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

That's the whole reason I put "problems" in quotation marks - the "problems" are largely a media invention to fight the dreaded "al qaeda", another organisation which is mostly urban myth promulgated by politicians and media stooges who need to motivate the populace towards hatred of this group in order to justify their thirst for oil/war.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I bet the muslims had a happy life in england until 9/11 happened and the London bombings , the media started relating islam with terrorism and the war`s in the middle east.
Hell ,anyone that even has a arab name is automaticly related to islam(speaking from experience).

[edit on 10-7-2008 by dracodie]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I agree the last 3 have been pants. Lets hope our "leader" grow a back bone and fight for whats right.

Oni

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
I bet the muslims had a happy life in england until 9/11 happened and the London bombings , the media started relating islam with terrorism and the war`s in the middle east.
Hell ,anyone that even has a arab name is automaticly related to islam(speaking from experience).

[edit on 10-7-2008 by dracodie]

It's kind of true yes, you see all these news reports on muslims they want this they want that, creating even more hatred towards ordinary family people. But you don't see anything on how all this has affected the average muslim life. With growing hatred by ignorant people, sometimes I worry for them.

Especially ones living in bad areas.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_
What I see is a lot is Americans saying all this negative stuff about the UK. Like you really know? By watching media? I especially see some americans make fun of the UK, or say it's basically a crap place and they hope the usa never ends up the same lol.

I would like UK members views too. Not just views from people basing it all on exaggerated propaganda media reports.

[edit on 10-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

But does your rule then also apply to people in the UK that want to post on U.S. issues "basing it all on exaggerated propaganda media reports"? Or, is it just a one way deal?

Level playing field. Deny hypocrisy.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

I feel sorry for the "average" Muslim family, because of the media. But this is just the way it is, because they have extremists still living in our country and poncing our taxes. That's why there is problems with hate crimes.

Get the extremists out of here, and hopefully everyone can get back to living in the rat race we call life!

Oni

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

Its Israeli spam.
They were saying on another thread that goats were more important than a woman in Muslim traditions and that women on facebook are executed in Saudi arabia:

www.facebook.com...
Thats a hell of a lot of women due for execution.
UK media and US media is owned by Jews and that is why those two countries are killing Palestinian and Lebanese Christians and branding their protectors terrorists.
More Israeli spam this happened to the winnipeg forum of Indymedia, nobody uses that forum much any more.
Your countries have been kidnapped by zionists and they make you kill your own and hate your protectors, note how american (lead by jews) don't even consider catholics christians.
ATS should get rid of this stuff or poeple will just stop coming here.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
A friend of mine works for the council in Bristol, housing benefit, family tax credit e.t.c. and a known terrorist came in to set up a new claim or something. Anyway he came back a few times over 3 months or so but the police somehow missed him everytime. They got him in the end, but it made me think, how many others are doing this, and what are they doing with the money I wonder. I will never bow down to these people, I think it is absolutley crazy that everything that was fought for in ww1 and ww2, this country has let so much of it go. Crazy

[edit on 10-7-2008 by marty1979]

[edit on 10-7-2008 by marty1979]

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I have already posted this on another thread, but felt it might be relevant here too.

This lady is actually my landlady.

She is a very lovely woman, and a very intelligent lawyer. She has lived in England all her life. She is Muslim.

As you can see from the site, she is one of the Co-Founders of the Progressive British Muslim Group.

Yes, there are a handful of Muslim Extremists, but to judge all Muslims on this is nothing short of racism.

To answer the OP, IF the UK is "surrendering" to Islam, it's the fault of The British Government, and the media. NOT the Muslim people.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

But does your rule then also apply to people in the UK that want to post on U.S. issues "basing it all on exaggerated propaganda media reports"? Or, is it just a one way deal?

Level playing field. Deny hypocrisy.

What US issues, please clarify, thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join