It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If the U.S. attacked Iran, which side would China choose?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I've been discussing this topic a lot lately with friends, but how do you guys here on ATS think the dominoes would fall?

I think that if it were to happen soon and Russia were to side with Iran, China would not follow suit with Russia. China and the U.S.'s economies are far too interdependent on each other and I believe that China would somewhat reluctantly side with the U.S. in a war against Iran and Russia.

No doubt it would be a World War, and it's damned pretty scary to think about the outcome, I admit! Who agrees/disagrees, and why?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
You have it 100% correct, and for more reasons than most people realize.

For starters the economic reasons you mentioned account for Trillions of dollars for China and a huge percentage of their growth

But that's where it begins. China to have any worth in a war with the Usa would have to aquire something, namely territory and resources, this means an invasion of the North American mainland at some point.

It's not a simple matter of just launching nukes or dropping a bio weapon, you have to occupy or the whole things is a loss, this means an island to island war, starting with Japan which despite a small military is very technologically advanced, they'd face a repeat war of the pacific against the modern US Navy, which is already a nightmare, our whole Navy would need to be devestated to get men across, then you have to occupy a continent which we all know occupying Iraq and Afghanastan costs Trillions to do and occupation is always a failure long term of any nation...

Then, your dealing with climate extremes to occupy in from harsh deserts, to the Rocky mountains Artic extremes and facing our tanks and rail guns and any thing we have black ops to call into play and we already know we have rail guns that could be made ready and who knows how much stuff...

The American population is armed to the teeth, we have tankers full of gas... imagine 9-11 with 5,000 airliners, caterpillar heavy equipment on the ground, pick up trucks militias... Our police forces have equipment thats paramilitary, large citys like NY have 20,000 cops alone, trucks, horses, helicopters, the national gaurd...

Thats before they try and go door to door in the ghetto lol

There is no occupation of the Us possible even if China wants to bleed 100 or 200 Million men, the numbers that would die even trying to land would be staggering to the mind

Then to even try it you have to be MAD... get the drift?

Now look at the reality, Iran is #, if we take it over they get it and the oil by proxy when the UN takes over... they get the oil anyway, and cheeper, so why do they care so much? They don't tolerate religion, they persecute Islamics in their own country and defend against terrorism.

WE have made deals to support them on a one China Policy, we let them basically deal with North korea and he shut up after one meeting and a few hundred thousand Chinese soldiers showed up on his border...

What does China have to loose with a war with the US... Everything, do they loose anything except for short twerm if Iran and the Ayatollah goes away... no, not really, they will probably end up in charge of the peace keeping force there when the Us leaves exhausted, wh should they care they will inherit it by proxy.

G W has refered all along to a "hidden ally" an Ally that doesn't want to be known a powerful ally...

DUH, it's obviously China they need the oil more than we do, Just look at the map, the trail runs across the mideast right to Chinas door... they are going to build a pipeline.

Look, the Chinese have basically funded this war for us, we could never do it without the financial support of them and the Saudis, lets face it, the Saudis are upping production and have MORE deals with China than anyone..

Theres the big truth, the big secret, we are bought and paid for by the Saudis and the Chinese to get the pipeline built...

It's so obvious it's ridiculous...

and if Russia chimes in, well China as 30-50 million immigrants that moved mexican styl into Siberia the last 20 years or so, they have the men on the ground, Nato reaches to the Ukraine, Chinas in Siberia we are over the pole... all 3 middle eastern countries they would support 2 are occupied the third would be on fire... even Russias going to choose the right side, if they don't our friends the Chinese already have them occupied on the ground and we are talking about annexable territory for them, Russia won't blink...

It doesn't matter they just want to sell Iran all the crap they can before it's gone... Just like they did to Iraq... Russias a member of the G8... know who the new world order is...

No one will be coming to Irans aid... just allot of UN bs and the Us will be asked to leave and the UN... our other 4 buddies will take over as "friends" lol

Think about it, if you were the 5 permanent members of the Un after 60 plus years of talks between nations at the higest levels and massively intertwined economies... don't you realize that's what the nwo is... plus Germany and Japan and india now being added...

13 headed serpent. China, Russia, Germany, Italy, Japan, India, Isreal, England, America, Canada, Saudi Arabia, Australia, Brazil

We have divied it all up amongst us and proxys states already... what's iran got? Terrorists? venezuela? what?

don't get me wrong the 3rd world has numbers... but thats all... the developed world is drawing the lines, all the rhetoric is fake...

welcome to the NWO

[edit on 8-7-2008 by mopusvindictus]

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think russia and china would both have some things to say about it, as usual, however they would eventually go along with it.
Because Iran having nuclear weapons, nukes in the hands of Islamic extremists, would eventually in some negative fashion have an impact on there country's as well.
Its all fine for a country to oppose something America does, they do that alot, but they aren't going to jeopardize relations with America and there own country's by fighting with America because of some Islamic Extremists.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Ahmadinejad said there wont be a war. So does this mean some kind of terms have been made?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
who uses silkworm missles?
where do they come from?

thats what i think.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Are you ready for this??

China would do nothing.

Possibly vent its frustration in the United Nations (a la the Russians with Iraq).

A war with China will not be fought by the military, it will be fought over trade, national debt - in other words an economic war. The reality is the US needs China as much as China needs the US. Yes the main market for Chinese exports is the US, but with the money earned from these exports, China is buying up US national debt.

It will never get to a military confrontation, and the sooner this is realised, the better.

If a war is fought with Iran, i do not believe the US can afford to do it alone. To act alone in the face of world protest would not be a viable option. If we (the UK) did not get involved with Iraq, the voice of the opposition would have been a lot stronger. Without UK support on an international level, the Iraq war would not have happened, diplomatically speaking.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Its all lies.Reports that Iran says there will be no war with United States or Israel.Now Russia is threating to use military force against the installation of the missile shield in the Czech Republic.Also Russia states they are looking to have good relations with the next new us president.They cant make up their minds.China doesn't get involved with Iran but Russia does.My prediction.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I don't think Russia or China would side with anyone. You would get some angry talk from them but they both know they don't stand a chance against the US and would gain nothing from a confrontation.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by John82

Not true, Russia is very threatened by the development of the US's European Missile Shield. If they could get a chance to stop us before we put it up I'm sure they'd take it.

top topics

join