It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jet's nose cone damaged in midflight

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
it also has IMO 1 impact point , rather than *many* that would show a hail storm;

like the math - but an aircraft was crusing so i would say the speed is at least 380moh and likely over 400

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
will the people who think this is something ` out of the ordinary ` or suspicious , please just look up the damaged caused when automobiles are involved in collisions with a ` so called ` soft target like a child , an adult , a sheep , kangaroo or moose at low speeds - typically 20 to 70 mph

hitting anything larger than a bird at airliners cruising velocities would result in catastropivc damage

bird strikes and hail damage are more common than many people thing

and this incident has all the hallmarks of an impact from a small object at hi speed

lastly - for people commenting on the natur , size and shape of the damage - thry denying some ignorance and research what the material , thickness , etc is before claiming that the damage " looks wrong "

some plastics - and even metals exhibit a degree of ` rebound ` after deformation

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Thanks for adding those links, the first link shows damage to the cone very similar to the current plane in question. Very well could of been a nice chunk of hail. I wonder if this could be felt by those on board when it struck.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well we will have to see what the pilots say.There has been no comment yet as to what hit it.So all you wizards that say "it was a bird strike" need to remember this is a conspiracy site.And Quazag or whatever your name is.Do you need to whine at every one with a different opinion that you? Does it fill your miserable life up?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Quazga

This is exactly why people turn away from ATS.Although Quazga has no proof as to what it is as soon as somebody disagrees they get a 2 bit lecture as to why they posted.All hail the mighty Quazga, for he/she/it knows all.Never Question the Quazga kids.For the rest of us are fools.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Another comparsion to examine on how that noise cone damage happened is the drop a brick off a highway overpass onto a moving vehicle.

But I have to tell you that had to be one of the healthiest feathered birds to not leave blood or guts on the noise cone. It wasn't like a grasshopper or most bugs that hit a windshield.

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.airliners.net...

lightning strike damage

and

www.airliners.net...(F-28-0070)/0866628/M/

bird strike

damn thought it was lightning damage tbh

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   
What kind of bird flies at 18,000 feet?

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
the airlines said that it wasnt a bird but i think so , to the poster "the bird must be made of steel and really fast"the plane takes care of the speed part the bird could be in a stall and it would do that, i wonder about ????wel icant think of what would cause that at this time of year(ice)hail) ??

posted on Jul, 8 2008 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Mystery Surrounds Crumpled Nose Of NWA Plane

According to the FAA, the dent is an "internal structural failure." Earlier, authorities said they suspected the damage had been done by a bird, but the FAA said the damage occurred at 18,000 feet, which would be too high in altitude for birds.

Not too many birds at 18,000 feet!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Thanks for posting the link.

I had also heard on my local news cast that flight crew said they didn't think it was a bird either.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whoreallyknows

As a senior law enforcement detective in south Florida, I've investigated two plane crashes and several dozen traffic crashes. Of this I'm certain; if the damage to the nosecone was caused by the aircraft's collision with any living creature, there will definitely be trace evidence of the animal's presence left on the surface of the jet. Simple science will resolve the mystery.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join