It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Schoolboys Get Detention for Refusing to Pray to Allah

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ForceMaster
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

I agree completely. To think that it is even considered in this country is sick! This whole idea of Islam is something I cannot say here. Truth is, I do not care if I offend them, they offend me. Religion of peace right? It's a belief in butchery. Period.

I am looking at what is going on in England and feel sick and sorry - English has let themselves down by letting this happen to their children - I hope something like this never happens in Latvia.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   
i just see this as part of erasing personal identity and individuality. religion, culture (including the history of cultures), etc etc should be left up to the discretion of the parent. of course, all of this is IMO

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I just knew this had to be a story out of the UK, once in saw the title...

Well, either the UK, or San Fransicko...

What can we realy say about this... Years ago, we joked that our schools would teach the kids how to be good little mulsems, and now... look, its happening....

I hate it when i joke about something and it comes true...

However, it gives me a small amount of satisfaction, to see that Great Britian is dying faster then we are here in the US.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Everyday we seem to be assulted by more and more lunacy when will this madness stop the uk is fast becoming a mad house with the right nutters in charge of running things.There just isnt any common sense anymore perhaps they should try teaching that in where ever they train these teachers before letting them anywhere near the kids.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
I cannot believe the replies in this thread, I'm suprised. First this was one teacher! in the whole of UK. Second he/she is probably not even muslim.

I'm suprised one of you got over 6 stars for a post that talks about how muslims push to see how far they go.

Why star a post that has nothing to do with the report as far as we know.

Deny ignorance?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

However, it gives me a small amount of satisfaction, to see that Great Britian is dying faster then we are here in the US.

You are wrong, I live in London, london is a GREAT place, because of the multicultral society, people from all over the world come together and learn from each other, this way people in london generally have MUCH less ignorance towards people from other countries.

Seperation breeds hatred.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by FIFIGI

I am looking at what is going on in England and feel sick and sorry - English has let themselves down by letting this happen to their children - I hope something like this never happens in Latvia.

Sick and sorry, for what? england let this happen to children?

No a single teacher made it happen.

Damn, media really does control people. This is worrying me.

[edit on 6-7-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageofdeceit
Any human rights insofar as religious freedom (i.e. the freedom not to participate)? Seems the laws don't always work both ways.

Good point here, but I think I should make a few points based upon the following parts of the Constitution & the Bill of Rights:

Article 6, Clause 3:
The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States.

1st Amendment:
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Well, to me it looks like this: If the government cannot lawfully demand any "religious Test" of its Officers & cannot lawfully deny People the Right to exercise Religion as they see fit, then neither should the schools because they operate under a lesser authority than the government (as illegitimate as it is anyway). Therefore, it should be the teacher and/or administrators who support/enforce these detentions to be removed from their jobs & brought to trial for violation of Human Rights under the Constitution.

But since this happened in England, my attitude is such that Americans should just let England deal with it in their own way...Of course, if England has any laws supporting a similar "choice of religion" in either their own laws or through their UN Treaties that support Human Rights (according to any clauses dealing with religion), that would be the way to go.

But then again, I think the band Pink Floyd summed it up in a song from their "Dark of the Moon" album: "Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way."

Then again, consider that the source is Faux News...

ZindoDoone has the right idea, but I just backed it up with proper justification under the Supreme Law...If this had happened in America instead of England.

However, I have nothing against teaching diversity of cultures in Social Studies...Even teaching some of the differing doctrines of religions is nothing to worry about. At least, not until it gets down to this point, to force the kids into practicing religious rituals that the kids don't believe in.

'Nuff said.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

as an artist...this is a pretty profound message...is it not...

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
People always over react to this crap! Id say they got detention for not doing what they were told, it had nothing to do with praying to allah. If those little Shi** want to stay ignorant then leave them. If i was a teacher and i had planed a leson (regardless of what it is) i would punish those who dont participate and are being general muppets!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Oh wow...

An article from Fox news, based on something in the Daily Mail....that has a go at muslims!

Imagine that.

And then a load of posts that do the same thing!

When I was in school in Crewe in the 80's - which is about 15 mins drive from Alsager by the way (and the photo in the Daily Mail is of Crewe and Alsager College and not of the school in question, so theres some fine journalism for you) we had "religious education" classes, we were taught about the Muslim, Hindu, Sikh, Catholic and Christian faiths, and during alternate lessons we observed some cultural traditions, did projects on the religious texts, read a few prayers - and - heres the interesting part - no one from Fox News gave a damn about it.

So, take the sensationalised McCarthyist propaganda out of the article and think about it. Chances are these kids got detention because they disrupted the class, and certainly not for their religious beliefs.

Come on. I know its easy for paranoid people to get carried away with this stuff, but really, think about it. This stuff sells papers and relies on peoples fear and hatred. But thats all. There are FAR FAR worse things than this that happen every day in the UK - people get murdered, raped, kidnapped - theres gang warfre in Manchester and London and a huge stabbing epidemic... and yet curiously this article made Fox.

Ask yourself why.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Phoenix_

Originally posted by TKainZero

You are wrong, I live in London, london is a GREAT place, because of the multicultral society, people from all over the world come together and learn from each other, this way people in london generally have MUCH less ignorance towards people from other countries.

Seperation breeds hatred.

Multicultural society my ***. I live in the Netherlands and those muslims don't want to learn nothing from you! They want to force their religion upon you. Stupid mosques are everywhere now. I see ten year old Dutch children running around with cellphones wearing those ridiculous gangsta clothes together with there little muslim gangsta friends, it makes me sick. At some schools there where also fights between the western and Arab population. Those people don't value things like hard working and family. The only way they can prove them self is by being violent. If they want to live in the middle ages then they should go back to their stupid desert.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I do have to agree with the person who said that it had nothing to do with praying, they should of done what they were told. If it it were me tho, i would of just done it then after give a lecture about the whole delusion and how it's pathetic even talking about it in school, a place of "education not ignoration(if thats even a word)" lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by materi

Uhhh ok....I see you have some hatred in your mind.

Anyway when I say multicultural I also mean people from ALL over the world. Women too

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neformore

I am still living in Crewe, its really gone to the dogs, west street is a mess of violence and drugs and its not a nice place to be at night.

Anyway in response to the thread i say that it doesn't matter what "branch" of religion is taught, it should never be taught in the first place as it is totally idiotic unprovable bull, that stifles and chokes the minds of kids and fills them not with wonder to find out how things work, but to say they work because of some god made them work.
Religion is the enemy of science and fact and logic, and any enemy of that is an enemy of mine.
Science and technology is what made us this advanced, science can improve our lives, science in hospitals saves lives, not kneeling down with your eyes closed speaking to some mythical being that doesn't exist.

While religion exists then science will be stifled, deaths will be caused in the name of what ever religion is prevelent at the time and further still hold the world back.
Teaching any religion at all in schools is just damaging the potential of the kids and therefore the potential of the future of the human race.
Give the time wasted on religious educatio classses over to science or maths or something that will at least benifit the world and not damage it.

[edit on 6/7/2008 by smokey101]

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
As much as I like British people they have no chance. They are slowly being steam rolled into a nation of Islam.
They have no weapons to defend themselves with either.

Can anyone see this happening in the US and all hell not breaking loose?
(besides Kalifornia, New York and Vermont that is)

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
There have been incidences like this in the US in the last five years as well - my question is - why is it necessary to have children participate in actual worship rituals in order to "learn" about another culture's religious beliefs and practice? A simple book lesson and maybe watch a video in the classroom would have been just as instructive....why is this immersion technique employed ??

If I want to teach how beef starts on a farm and ends up on my dining room table - should I then have my students go slaughter a cow?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by splendourinthegrass
I truly do not believe that there can be a place in Western nations for Islam until Islam goes through some sort of interior reformation and an editing out of the Koran all the parts about degrading and killing human beings.

Wow, our holy Bible isn't like that at all is it? It's all cotton candy and gumdrop smiles yes?

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Got to love the Fox media network for the bias rant that they offer to their viewers because for what I see in this thread it works

First of all, teaching comparative religion will erase a lot of the Religious illiteracy that is plaguing the world with bigotry, prejudice and religious superstitions that obviously in this thread shows its ugly face.

After all Christianity is not the only great religion in the world.

Anyway, one of the only faults I find from the teachers side was to ask more than he could get from their students, after all like I said before bigotry, prejudice and religious superstitions are all diseases that starts at home.

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There is no place in the entire world for any religion at all.

To all those who believe in a religion i ask this:-

When you are lying in a pool of your own blood with a knife in your chest because someone decied to rob you, where is your god then?

When your child dies of a torturous disease, dies in pain and sufferng, where is your god then?

When sickening acts of violence and slaughter are committed across the world to innocent people, where is your god then?

When you need food and shelter, when you need a cure for your childs illness, when the perpetrators of violence need stopping, where is your god then?

I'll tell you where, Nowhere.

But when you need a cure for your sick child, science and technology is there.
When you need you wounds healing, science and technology is there.
When the perpetrators of violence need stopping, people backed by science and technology are there.

So carry on teaching your religion and thanking a god for what we have while science continues to save lives.

When bad things happen, earthquakes, floods, tsunami, hurricanes, people say it was gods will.
When a poor defenseless child dies in agony they say it was gods will.
No it is just a logical fact that bad stuff happens for no damned reason sometimes.
There is no pattern to it, no mythical all powerfull thing behind the scenes controling it.
It is just the logical fact the bad stuff happens and there isn't a thing praying can do about, science on the other hand just might be able to if religious freaks stop filling kids minds with bull instead of with knowledge that may be of use to the world.

I say screw religion, becuase it is allready screwing us and our kids.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join