It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear Members of Congress Saying 'If We Could Only Nuke Iran': Ron Paul

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DimensionalDetective

People, we all need to start writing in and phoning our constituents ASAP...This is beyond ridiculous and catastrophic. These maniacs are all frothing at the mouth to get us into WWIII, just so they can line their already bursting pockets with more war-profiteering.

You sound a lot like me uncle. He's always e-mailing the president telling him how horrible a job he is doing and how he can't wait till he gets out of office. One day the secret service is gonna end up at his door.

You've got a point though. Maybe they don't know how horrible they're doing, or maybe they do know, and just don't care. We should start calling them and emailing them.
They can't throw us all in jail, can they?

[edit on 9-7-2008 by CNRHKick]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bismarcksea

So you think that you walk on water? HuH!

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 06:46 AM
link   
[I] You've got a point though. Maybe they don't know how horrible they're doing, or maybe they do know, and just don't care. We should start calling them and emailing them.
They can't throw us all in jail, can they? [/I]

Personally I think there are 4 plausible scenarios with the attitude of our elected Represenatives in regards to the Economy, Iran, Border etc....

1-Thier that dumb
2-Thier bought and paid for on both sides
3-Their Evil
4-Their Brainwashed....ie. similiar to a mass Manchurian Canidate(do what your told when we ask)

I can almost guarentee #2, but am starting to lean towards #4

.02c

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Just because an option isn't "ruled out" it doesn't equate to being "desirable"..... I would agree with RP though, that a war in Iran would be disastrous for both America and the world, and would be tantamount to starting WWIII.

I'd agree that "something" needs to be done about Iran and it's long history of sponsored terrorism, but a declared war should be the very last option...especially while we are still embroiled in the last two efforts over there (i.e. Iraq and Afghanistan).

For those wanting diplomacy, that option is pretty much shot. We've double-dealed so much over there, that none of them trust us (and with good reason, from the history), so our word doesn't mean squat there. The only way to go is from a position of strength, but this does not automatically equate with war.

As for those lamenting the A-bombs in Japan...they were different times. Wars have ALWAYS historically targeted the civilian population as well as military targets. Do you think the Blitzkriegs on London, or the Allied bombing runs over Berlin were any different? No. And it goes back WAY further than that, back to the earliest records of warfare. Only NOW do we have the technology to be more discriminate, and the war in Iraq was absolutely AMAZING in this particular historic regard. Never before in warfare has an attacker used such precision to avoid civilian casualties. Did they still happen? Of course, but to an amazingly lesser degree than anything else in history. Of course, that still doesn't justify an illegal war that circumvents Congress and the will of the American people.

That all said, if the powers that be wish a war with Iran, it will happen, and there's little we can do, for we ceased to be the "powers that be" back in 2000, when our votes became "just for show"... For those who champion revolution, they must realize that this was a valid option in the past, but in modern times, and with modern mechanized warfare, it's simply a quaint idea, but not a realistic one. All we can do is enjoy the freedom we have now to express our disgust at it (for as long as we retian such freedoms)...(maybe I'm just in a bad mood today....
)

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
hello there...i am from germany and i sometimes read the articles on ats...most of them are really crap...you americans believe in everything,right? i for myself believe in nobody...no ron paul,no barack obama,no george bush because history always has shown that american presidential candidates will promise everything people want to hear (germans do too) but the difference is that american politicians always act like they are the police of the world (i know they do it for their profits) ...the build now missile bases in czechoslovakia and they openly confess that it is because they must save us from iranian aggression...i have never feared the iranians but now i do...what should they think if they hear,someone is building bases against them...THEY WILL BUILD SOMETHING BAD TOO...you americans won't be the target of a war between the usa/israel and iran...we europeans will be the ones that live in direct danger of such a confrontation...all i can think is: AMI GO HOME AND LEAVE THE WORLD ALONE! YOU DON'T NEED TO PROTECT US FROM A WAR THAT YOU ARE STARTING...

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Dr. Paul has discussed this one matter with Irvin Baxter of www.endtime.com and he is aware of the reasons why this is going to happen. His surprise is staged due to his stance in Congress. The Bible has a prophecy that is clear about a war that will destroy 1/3 of mankind (2 Billion) and we 7 billion on the earth today and growing by the second. Since most Americans and the world believes the Bible is fairy-tales of the past. They look to others for guidance. It is more relevant today, than in past centuries. It describes a generation of people who will live through the period of time, TODAY to see all the prophecies to fulfillment. The war in IRAQ & AFGHANISTAN were not by accident. The limited nuclear war with IRAN will happen, but not totally destroy the country. Because in the end, numerous countries to include Russia, IRAN and many more will attempt to invade and try to destroy ISRAEL. God steps in to stop the total destruction of the earth. All of this is in the Bible. You must study faithfully to understand the scriptures. God will help you...if you believe, have faith, and hope.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by louieMcQ

Louie, I agree with your Biblical reference. This site breaks down the scenario into laymen terms.

www.studiesintheword.org...

Do you agree with Iran as "Gog" and Russia as "Magog"?

Thanks!

[edit on 9-7-2008 by Pinktip]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I don't have much time, but I did just write my representitive.

Something I want to add to this discussion is that Russia has said in the past (circa about 2002-3 I think) that it will protect the nuclear facility in Iran especially if attacked by Israel.

Edit: Ok, I found a thread here that actually has a more up to date article than I thought. Though I was sure I had seen this way before 2007 even: Attack Iran You Attack Russia

If it has already been included in this discussion then I am sorry, but if it hasn't then please include the link to the article to your letters/emails to your representitives so that this spark of reality can try to reach them through the darkness of the insanity that is our government anymore.

[edit on 7/9/2008 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Iran is toast...Israel will take care of them, Paul and Obama should go there to Iran together and have lunch and stay for dinner.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
i want to start a post somewhere that invite ats users ( and possibly other discussion forums) .. we make general education fliers.. then get together IRL and hand them out at malls .. its something ive been wanting to do for a while now.

like for instance.. people on here that live within a few hours of each other need to get together at the nearest big mall and spam out general education fliers with stuff like this... that will conclude with how they need to get mad at the gov.

and then basically if that can be established just set a date once a month for us to get together (you feel more confident and supported when you arent alone) to spam some fliers... it will at least bring peoples attention to the issue(s?) but the point is spamming the fliers once a month... need to keep doing it over and over again till we start getting to people.. ( kinad like now the propoganda machine spams the same things they want you to think repeatedly)

and of course discussing what to make up the fiers with should be discussed.
it may seem like a dumb idea but it isnt... its a great idea.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This needs to be despreratly stopped right away !!!! expose it !! who can send a miocrophone to thoes meetings they have?

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I know many of you dont think Russia or China have any real power or technology but you are sadly mistaken. Deals are being struck now with Iran and the 2 countries for protection. Its not so much Iran that one needs to worry about.

Its like that movie Shane with Jack Palance where he throws the gun down and dares the kid to pick it up.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by smallfaction

As much as I like your enthusiasm, from what I understand of the U.S laws now adays, if you tried such a thing, I wouldn't be surprised if you and the others aren't chucked into a detention camp and branded as terrorists.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

how sad...

well then we could just make it like "these are libertarian values, and here is why you should have them"
and then just examples of how small federal government would work...
idk...
if you would get imprisioned for doing what i previously mentioned then we most likely just have to use the famous 'wait and see" method. although im pretty sure that due to the popularity of the internet there is a higher percentage of the population that are "conspiracy theorists" than there was 5, 10, or 20 years ago. which i suppose is good for them.

posted on Jul, 9 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by louieMcQ

Agreed,

I've had several dreams / visions over the years concerning this. The coming nuclear war in the Middle East will be limited, and it will be Israel who pre emptively strikes Iran. When this happens the West's support for Israel will fall which will cause a Russian led invasion of Israel. A few years later the will be a World wide nuclear war initially between Russia and the U.S. God Himself will interviene.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

make up your mind, ISRAEL doesn't need your permission to protect their sovereignty...against anybody!

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

**UPDATE** July 09 IRAN fired off 9-missiles without warheads yesterday in a show of force to the world. For the first time in their history, they can now reach several Middle-Eastern cities, especially ISRAEL. To all who blogs on ATS, it doesn't matter what you complain, b**ch, become critical about, the Bible prophecies a WAR which will emanate out of the Euphrates River (IRAQ) Babylon. This will spread like wildfire in the region not to include the current operations. What country do you all think ISRAEL will use to get to IRAN? IRAQ-(American Forces) will provide clear air space up to the border, once nukes are dropped, return the same way. We may assist them on the bombing campaign, border protection, close air support, eyes on the ground, SAT photo imagery, etc., ISRAEL will attack and be successful. The " Shock and Awe "will paralyze the world for a short time, then Russia & China will do absolutely nothing, except, complain. Their countries are not ready to support any operations outside there borders. There economies are not prepared to operate an aggressive push. Eventually, when they do put there forces in harms way, they will do exactly what GOD wants them to do! So calm down and enjoy what is about to happen, because it is under control, and there is nothing you can do TO STOP IT.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

You naïveté is cute. You actually believe our elected government officials actually listen to you. Take a step back and LOOK at the behavior of our elected officials so far. Remember when the PEOPLE voted to place term limits in place and the reaction of these self-serving folks? They took the people to court. WTF?!

I also find it funny that you actually believe our government would be stupid enough to nuke a country like Iran w/o proper provocation. It shows how little you understand the repercussions of such an act. You guys love to paint the people we place in office as bloodthirsty and suicidal monsters who dine on the bones of children nightly. ANY nation which uses tactical nuclear weapons on another nation will likely face severe reaction from all other nations which include the 2 other nuclear powers on the planet.

Calling and demanding they don't pass some immigration bill is one thing but calling in your own war plans is a bit silly. They will not listen. And to be honest they shouldn't. We don't have access to the same information they do so we can't make an informed decision. We just make decisions based on emotion.

posted on Jul, 10 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

this will cause a civil war in the u.s. over who is right instead of who is to blame

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join