It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If intelligent alien life was found...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If intelligent alien life was found...

What would that do to your view of humans on earth according to religion?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Absolutely nothing...

Short, I know...but my beliefs allow for intelligent life elsewhere in the universe.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by DarthChrisious]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I guess I meant the baptist and the likes view on the bible and how we are the only ones. Curious DarthChrisious what is your belief that includes life away from earth?

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by charliecarterhess

Just a belief that the God who created the universe also allowed other life to exist, some of it intelligent life, other than that here on Earth. It's not found in any established religious teaching. It's just my personal belief.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I would still believe that 85% of all human beings on this planet are mindless idiots who arent worth the resources they consume.

I know this sounds a little harsh but i mean come on how many people do you know that consume like crazy and act like they have everything coming to them all while acting completely ignorant and disregarding everyone else.

Aliens wont come visit us untill we abandon our selfish BS.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Intelligent life will visit after Earth is a barren wasteland to plant their own seeds to start new life.LOL

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I guess we need some Christians that believe we are the only ones to comment on what they would think if aliens did visit us. Would you think your spiritual life be a waste?

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I think it may deepen my beliefs of a universal spirit, I'd be very interested to see what the aliens held as "religious" beliefs. As much as spirituality and religion gets bashed, I don't think an intelligent society could possibly come about without them, I'm a universalist in that I believe all religions hold truth and are paths to the understanding of "God" and the universal spirit, so it would not conflict with my views at all.

[edit on 1-7-2008 by yellowcard]

new topics

top topics

join