It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Music & Memories.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I was just wondering is it just me who seems to have memory's when they here music, I'm listening to Alicia keys' No One' right now and I'm thinking about when i was at the bus stop with my head phones in watching the people go by, then i here limp bizcuit and think about middle school and my old friends. Is this just me who associates music with memroies and stages in there life ?

Fox

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
No, I don't think it's just you
I know I do the same thing. Songs I listen to now, that I first heard in Primary School or High School, remind me of what I was doing at the time of the song.

Like for example the song 'Hey Baby' by DJ Otzi. Whenever I hear that song I think of the disco my school had and that song playing in the background lol.

Or of the song 'Numb' by Linkin Park. I remember going home from youth group and my friends' crush at the time who was driving her and her brother and I home and that song was blasting from the radio. And I can remember exactly how I was feeling like I'm almost there again.

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Linkin Park are amazing ! I love there music, i think that one step closer brings back the most memory's though, i cant even think how young i was then.

Fox

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Yeah, I totally agree, Linkin Park are amazing! The songs of theirs that I remember the most and have the most memories for me are: 'Numb' 'Faint' 'Somewhere I Belong' and 'In the End'. Those are the songs I remember even before I became I fan and I thought they were pretty cool.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Yep I get that massivly as well

When i hear songs like "Nofx - Corozon De Oro" or "Rancid - Ruby Soho" I remeber when i was 14 and just getting into punk rock.

"Metallica - Seek and Destroy" reminds me of bombing massive hills on my skateboard on warm summer nights (bombing is just skating fast down hill).

"Davy - The Go Set" makes me think of the last night me and my best friend went out drinking befor he moved interstate, that was one hell of a night.

The last one for now "generation x - kiss me deady" always without fail takes me back to my time in england staring out over sout hampton from my bedroom window and feeling more content than I ever had before.

Pretty much all the best times of my life are acosiated with music, even if I dont like that music the I'll always love those songs becuase of my experiances with them.

new topics

top topics

join