It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Supreme Court rejects death penalty for child rape cases

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
This ruling does not surprise me one bit. If you're going to protect terrorists, might as well protect child rapists too.

One terrible ruling after another.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury

Castration is not good enough...these sick f***s will use any and every object available if they have to....The impulse to rape kids is apparently pretty dang strong for those who have it...hence, their inability to be rehabilitated. No, the only solution is to put them out of their (and our) misery. Death is almost too kind for these monsters.

And I will go on the record saying, if some bastard rapes one of my kids, it will die. By my hands or by the law, one. But it will be killed. I don't even care what would happen to me, I would just want to keep another child from becoming its victim.

It's kind of a sad commentary on our society when drug dealers get harsher prison sentences (and do more actual time) than child rapists or other violent criminals. BOOO!!! We need to stand up, as a people, and demand that our justice system be fixed!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CallMeMaury

most molesters end up repeat offenders.
And as this is an extreme sickness of the soul, even if you were to castrate them.
I'm afraid they would just use some type of tool to get the job done.
Sorry no other way to put it.
Kill em and make it hurt BAD!

Sorry Keeb we posted the same thought at the same time.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by TimeTracker]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Personally, I disagree with the court's ruling. But, I know that in the general population the problem will take care of itself. This is what should happen. The result is the same, and the courts keep their hands clean, so to speak.

What angers me is when they protect the child rapist in prison by not putting him in the general population. To me that is unacceptable.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by TheComte]

[edit on 25-6-2008 by TheComte]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TimeTracker

The fact is that a lot of child molesters actually become MORE violent after castration because the urge is not 100% sexual in nature, it is also mental.

Imagine being a pervert who cannot relieve himself due to castration, this only leads to anger and a sense of rendering "payback" against a child because of what the state has done to him.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I'm distressed and ashamed by the ruling.

Rape and child molestation used to be capital offenses in this country. I'm usually not nostalgic, and I generally don't put much stock in talk of 'the good old days', but in this case I'm sad to say progress has hurt us.

Rapists and child molesters have no place in a civil society. My first choice would be exile, but there's nowhere to put these people.

It's unthinkable that hardworking taxpayers should bear the burden for the rapists and molesters, the victims paying for the upkeep of the criminals. That's just backwards. Prison is not the right solution. The only alternative to incarceration and exile, as far as I'm concerned is...

Kill them, kill them all. They deserve worse, and they should count themselves lucky if they receive a quick and painless death.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't know about the numbers in America, but in France a recent study just blew away the urban myth "rapists will rape again". After a seventeen year study, Pierre Tournier (who works for the CNRS) published a report about the rate of recidivism.

www.la-croix.com...

For child molestors, the rate is under 1,5 %.
At a time when the french government is intent on getting people scared into accepting new laws which are turning the country into a police state (sound familiar ?), this study was of particular interest to me, because although CNRS is the official gov' research institute, they chose to ignore results provided by their own scientists.

Saying that child molesters need to die is like saying people who have aids should die. Child molestors mostly are sick people, who need psycological help. You can believe amputation is the best way to treat an infected limb, and doctors did a few years back. Nowadays they tend to prefer treatment...

Some posts here, (trance optic... come on man) display an uncanny amount of hate and sadisdic perversion. I for one cannot say which of the two is better : a rapist with chronic personality disorder, or a normal guy who thinks up ways to violently torture other human beings...

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail

Saying that child molesters need to die is like saying people who have aids should die. Child molestors mostly are sick people, who need psycological help.

I'll help cure their mind.
How about a bullet to the brain.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

I hear what you are saying, don't get me wrong.

But to compare an AIDs patient to that of a disgusting child molesting degenerate does not sit well. I believe that there is a fair amount of personal choice involved in our actions. To say that child molestors are sick and have no self control is a complete cop out.

If that be the case then let's just let all of the serial murderer's out of prison as well, maybe give them a lolli pop and a pat on the back.

After all, they are sick and are compelled to do what they do because of illness and compulsion, right? It couldn't be that they are just evil and souless human beings doing what they enjoy? Right?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by CallMeMaury
Also, you must wonder. If the person knows they stand to get the death penalty when they rape a child, they have no incentive to leave the child alive. Same punishment, no witness.

A raped child is better off than a dead child.

This is the cold hard truth it comes down to. Anyone who wants the death penalty for child rape is sentancing each child to death. A raped child is better then a dead one. And it sure as heck isnt going to help the parents if the kids dead.

Its a touchy subject because some people might have been abused or affected by abuse. But you have the option to get help. The kids that would die from this would not.

This shouldnt even have gotten 4 justices to vote for it. I question their IQ's since they voted for it at all. Or their motives. Its obviously a very bad idea. I know a lot of bad crap went on in Florida because those guys were scared of getting a life sentance.

Consider that your trial run, wanna think of your kid being buried alive?
I dont.

[edit on 25-6-2008 by Memysabu]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
And by the way, why do some people here still believe that the death penalty is deterrent ?
I'll re-formulate that.
Why do some people, who live in the only "civilised western country" to still apply the death penalty, AND simultaneously in the country which has the highest murder rate of any other western country, STILL believe that the death penalty is a deterrent ? (And i'm talking in percentages here, not in numbers).
Gimme a break... Maybe violent society rules = violent population ?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Ismail

Come on.
You can't tell me that being killed slowly and as painfully as possible would not be a deterrant.
These people are sick but not insane.
They live every day lives and lie in hideing waiting for these poor kids.
Turn their last days into weeks and it will have an effect.
I promise!

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

If anything they probably keep on offending because they know that the worst that will happen is a brief stint in the joint, only to be "rehabilitated" and released back into the population for us to deal with.

And to alter a punishment for fear of what it will cause the perpetrator to do is just nonsense. If those molestors buried a child in the ground alive because they were afraid of a life sentance, what does that mean? Should there be no life sentance for raping a child by this line of reasoning.

Pretty soon you are all but condoning their actions. There is only one definate point that can be made here, and that is this -

No child has ever been raped by a dead pedophile. The only guarantee that they will never molest again is to see to it that they do not live long enough to do so.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Couldn't have said it any better.
By the way i live in the piedmont.
Brother.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
In my opinion, death may not be 100% deterrent, but it DOES stop that predator from harming others. A dead rapist has 0% chance to become a repeat offender. I started to lean a bit and think maybe just blinding them would be a good deterrent, but then my violent American nature kicked in and brought me back to the death penalty.

My reason is that I am not convinced that they can be fixed. These predators need to be taken out of society, but if they cannot be repaired, why keep them alive? They are unproductive and serve no purpose other than to cause horror on the innocent. Sending them to their death is best for the population.

Why can we not have a vote across the country on this very subject?
If the masses want them dead, let it be done. All we ask is for proof that withstands the courts.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Sadly, this ruling protects men who have raped children -- some of those men are elected officials of the USA, Canada, the UK, and Australia. You can't have a former Vice-President being executed, now can you...

I do not believe in the death penalty being issued by the state. There is so little justice and so much control by the worst of human beings that such a penalty would likely be misused against people wrongfully accused.

I would like a penalty for this crime like this:

the family of the child who has suffered rape is given one hour alone in a room with the convicted criminal without observation by officials in person or by cameras or other methods. If the convicted criminal should happen to be dead after the hour, no charges would be filed and the convicts body would be chopped up into chum.

[edit on 25/6/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
dang it blackops, you read my mind as I was typing.
A dead rapist is rendered harmless to society.

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
You can't have a former Vice-President being executed, now can you...

[edit on 25/6/08 by Pellevoisin]

Care to ellaborate?

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Well being from the Piedmont you know how this sort of thing would have been handled back in the old days.

Let's just say a rooster can't do much pecking if you cut off his beak

posted on Jun, 25 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Well being from the Piedmont you know how this sort of thing would have been handled back in the old days.

Let's just say a rooster can't do much pecking if you cut off his beak

Yeah! i wouldn't waste lead or hemp on em.
But make the blade dull an jagged!

[edit on 25-6-2008 by TimeTracker]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join