It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 761stbp
Well these post are getting soo far off topic, i'm out for the weekend maybe things will cool down by monday
Before I go though let me ask you perplexed, have you ever thought of joining an inner-city youth development group? The reward for just helping one child is simply amazing and I think you would find life in the inner-city isn't as simplistic as you would think. Take care everyone.....
David

Inner city youth development? You have got to be kidding me? Life in the inner city will be much better when people in the inner city start helping themselves. Do you really think me going down to Detroit is going to solve the complicated thought process of a race of people that are voting for the same party that enslaved them and denied them the right to vote and are continuing that genocide today? No thank you....

Blacks need to teach blacks. They need to listen to Bill Cosby and Clarence Thomas... Not Al or Jessee... That is the real truth...

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Yes. It is refreshing to see a horrid disaster bring the good out from people, not the bad.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

As for the looting... despite some looting for gain (I would love to see the reports from a legitimate source proving 2000 flat screen TV's were taken)
by all accounts (other than hardly unbiased hysteric right wing sources) most of the pillaging was done by desperate people and most of what they took was staples that would have most likely been thrown out by returning shop keepers anyway. Gee I wonder how much was lost by shop owners inflating their losses?

Some looting for gain? So that's why people stole everything from one Wal-Mart, including the shelves, I guess. Saks was looted. Oakwood Mall was looted and set on fire. Homes were looted. And I am not just saying that the pantry was emptied... One family I know had their bedroom set stolen (and most other possessions) while they were evacuated, including a king-sized bed that had to be taken apart to be moved.

A member of my family is a prosecuting attorney in the New Orleans area, and prosecuted a woman for stealing more than 100,000 pills (Oxycontin, Lortab, Xanax and others) from pharmacies. I guess that was out of necessity, too. I suppose that's why many of the Sally Beauty Supply stores were emptied, too.

Thankfully, all of my family either left town before landall, or were able to ride it out safely despite their homes filling with water and the world crashing down around them. I hate when I hear people generalizing about people from the New Orleans area, because we are not all like that. My family and I cried so much watching the news in Baton Rouge, and hearing the reports from family still at home. The first time we cried it was because we were watching nature destroy everything that we knew... Once we thought the worst was over, complete lawlessness took over, and we cried even more, watching whatever was left being destroyed by deliberate acts of man.

Make no mistake. There were people who stole things in order to survive. And then there were people who took advantage of the situation and preyed upon their surroundings. While the many rapes and murders that were reported at the Superdome were grossly exaggerated, there were many, many rapes in the aftermath of the storm. There's no real way to know how many murders there were, as we are still finding decomposing bodies in some places, and don't know whether the cause of death was natural and storm-related, or unnatural and storm-related.

And there were people shooting at helicopters, and shooting at police boats, and setting fire to police stations. And there were people trying to break into hospitals (and possibly succeeding, although I can't remember) to steal drugs and needles.

What happened in New Orleans and surrounding areas was horrible, and there was a lot of sad, genuine suffering. But there was also a lot of suffering that was brought on by the acts of violent, selfish individuals following the levee breaks.

And to those who have said about all of the poor, suffering black people in New Orleans... Please don't forget about neighboring St. Bernard Parish, the population of which was very white, and which suffered possibly the most damage and loss of life from the storm. People of all races suffer in events like these, and it's important not to get so caught up in worrying about race issues that we forget about people issues.

I've wondered, since I heard about levee breaks that flooded... which city was it now, I forget... Des Moines? All of the people who theorized that the New Orleans levees were deliberately blown up to kill black people... Do you now think that levees are capable of failing on their own to a catastrophic degree, or do you think that those levees up north were deliberately blown up, too? The Mississippi River has been forced into staying its course by man for too long. Piles of dirt will not hold it back forever, and when you add rivers swollen by rains and [in Louisiana] lakes and rivers swollen and shoved around by storm surge, it is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I rarely agree with Rush Limbaugh but this is one of those times. The dirty south has a bunch of low-life scumbag people mostly blacks that are ignorant and without the police to watch them, they would be looting and stealing and raping all the time.

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   

[edit on 20-6-2008 by Macrotus]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorsebet

Have you read the Grutter v. Bollinger decision?

A "diverse" student body has never been proven to be beneficial, yet in the name of diversity, race is allowed in regards to who enters and who gets denied to schools.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheHypnoToad

I never denied that there was looting I am just saying that when all is said and done more people stole to survive than stole for profit or drugs.

Sadly when the controlling pressure of society is removed people often behave like animals, but for every one of those there are far more who continue to behave decently.

The thing about most of the posts on this thread is their inability to make that distinction.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

The problem with your argument is it rules out the possiblity of change in both individuals and in party.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

Have you read the Grutter v. Bollinger decision?

There were two challenges to the affirmative action plans of that school, one to the undergrad plan - which assigned extra points based on minority status as listed in the application, and another plan for the law school that did not use a point system but allowed officials to evaluate race as a positive factor in considering each individual applicant (presumably during the interview stage).

The law school's plan was deemed legal because diversity was viewed with the same weight as skills, vocabulary, etc. on a strictly individualized basis.

The undergrad affirmative action point system was deemed illegal and the school was ordered to rework it so that race was not given automatic, non-individualized consideration and more favorable treatment. So, the Supreme Court actually threw that affirmative action plan out.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed

Originally posted by darkhorsebet

Originally posted by Perplexed

I went back to page 10 and I didn't see anything... Did you post something further back I need to read?

Yes. I posted about why you think any black is taking the positions you think they take, told you I smelled hate in your opinions, and pointed out the flaws in your ownership numbers and your conclusions about those numbers - they don't mean what you think they mean.

[edit on 20-6-2008 by darkhorsebet]

They don't mean what I think they mean? So you are saying A isn't really A?

No they don't. Here:

I dispute your numbers and your conclusion.

You are comparing the % of white slave owners in the entire South to the % of slave owners in a particular year in New Orleans, and you imply that there were more black slave owners than white slave owners in NEW ORLEANS as a result of your comparison. But % White owners in south + % black slave owners in NO does not equal total of slave owners in NEW ORLEANS at any time. Where is the number for the % of white slave owners in NO as the same time? Why didn't you give that number? Is it larger? Probably.

You assume that all descendants of all slaves stayed in New Orleans, that no people migrated in, and that these descendants were the Katrina victims. Where is the evidence for that? That doesn't even seem intuitively accurate to me.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
reply to post by TheHypnoToad

I never denied that there was looting I am just saying that when all is said and done more people stole to survive than stole for profit or drugs.

Could you source that for me please?

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Yet diversity has never been proven to be beneficial. It is nothing more than touchy feely emotion based politically correct garbage.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
After that last comment I realize that I was right to put slackerwire in ignore in the first place so back he goes.

Diversity enriches us all its not a touchy feely kind of thing.

Diversity built this country.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

Yet diversity has never been proven to be beneficial. It is nothing more than touchy feely emotion based politically correct garbage.

I think diversity is as old as this country. The founding fathers were immigrants. You know the motto: ""Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."

Unless you are a Native American, you, by your own definition, are not beneficial to this society and do this society no good by existing and thereby diversifying it. I do not mean this as an insult. It is a logical follow-up to your opinion. I don't agree, but thats OK.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Diversity is good only when the immigrants want to become Americans. I'm all for it especially since it is the foundation of our country but I am starting to see a troublesome trend of immigrants wanting to come into America and start their own little country instead of assimilating to our culture. I feel some don't want to be Americans. They only want our benefits without actually becoming Americans in their hearts. This is disturbing and will only lead to trouble.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by luckystar01

just so you know, nobody has said it was ALL blacks, as a matter of fact a few times in here it was stated that whites were doing it too, just not anywhere NEAR the numbers that blacks were doing it. but let me guess, that is the liberal media painting a bad picture of the black man.

come on dude, for you to say something like that means you TOTALLY ignore facts and statistics.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 761stbp

well in my experience with message boars, whites are generally attracted to things like this more than african americans.

and maybe possibly they don't say that kind of stuff because the ones that post on these kinds of topics aren't the inner city thug life wannabes that you see causing the horror and disgust that we see happen when things go bad.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

yea, because the name of that website just reaks of credibility.

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SRTkid86

Go read what it has to say but then since you have already judged it by the name don't bother... your mind is already made up and closed.

By the way reeks is spelled R...E...E...K...S.

[edit on 21-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I had a friend of mine from Md,she was devestated over the disaster there,so she packed up her car and her son ,she also brought about 100k in med supplies,this BS that there was no rapes and all,her son had to leave after seeing a 7 yr old girl that was raped by the NO low lifes,I find it unsettling that people are trying to make excuses for these people,they were all looking for hand outs,look at the people who were transferred to other areas,they commited murders and robbery there,I'm sorry but I think they should have been washed out to sea,some people see others that are in dire straits,and want to help them,others see it as an opportunity to rape and pilage

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join