It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rush Limbaugh Compares Katrina Victims to Iowa Victims!

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Some of Rush Limbaugh quotes:

"Why should blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
Who the hell cares."

"I don't give a hoot that Columbus gave some Indians a disease
that they didn't have immunity against."

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted
criminals resemble Jesse Jackson."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal.They should get a liquor store
and practice robberies."

Yea right, and how again is Rush not racist again?

[edit on 6/22/2008 by CaptGizmo]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Sorry double post

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I agree with you all, and for once, Rush has something relevant to say. But on the hole, he is a sound bite for the nazi neocons, and it has been clinicaly proven that listening to him reduses your IQ.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Wow, un-freakin'-believable. If you ever had any doubt that Rush is a racist, this absolutley washes away any doubt. Who in their right mind would wish for murders? And I guess he is on vacation...I'm willing to bet good money that he isn't spending his free time in the mid west helping out the good folks in need.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I had a list of those same quotes and others a few pages back and of course the dittoheads completely ignored them.

They are immune to the truth of mush... after all they need him to tell them what to think.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Hate to tell the person that says that hurricaines are much more destructive than floods, that it was exactly the flooding that destroyed much of New Orleans. Not wind, flooding because of the lousy levees, that New Orleans refused to maintain.

How come there was no looting going on in Mississippi? How come they didn't rape people left and right? How come the rest of Southern Louisiana didn't react that way> Why was it only New Orleans where the local government was helpless, where the Cops acted like thugs and the people like animals?

Why is it the responsibility of the Federal government to rebuild New Orleans? hy don't their own people do the job?

Because the most of the affected areas of that city were largely welfare mentality blacks, who strongly believe that they are owed a living. They have no work ethic, no ethic that tells them to pull of their britches and rebuild. They sit on their duffs, and complain, complain, complain.

So what if your house was destroyed by water. Rebuild. Why didn't you have flood insurance? That was YOUR decision, n was available to you. You chose not to have it, and then expect the rest of us to pay out of OUR pockets so you can have a house again.

Federal aid has a role, but the work on these kinds of disasters is largely done by the locals. but not in New Orleans, there the locals largely fled to other cities and refuse to come back. They discovered that the welfare payments are a LOT better in other states.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by OldMedic

Many people up here in the flood plain, including myself, do and are required to have flood insurance through FEMA, if you have a mortgage. I paid my premiums to have my own damaged house rebuilt.

However, they don't cover everything, and they don't cover well. FEMA is telling me it will be $8000 to replace furnace, water heater, ac unit, and to tear out and replace floors and walls on the first floor. I'm thinking more like $20,000.

The people I feel bad for right now are those outside the floodplain who got sewer back-up and don't have coverage because this is the worst flooding since the '60's, so even our county water/sewer system backed up and needs repair. Not many people have $10,000 in their back pockets.

I think people want to shake their fingers and scold people who just experienced some very unexpected and very expensive damage. It is easy to do that when you aren't living it. But why the impulse to blame? I mentioned people standing on the park side of our river, mostly teenagers, and pointing and laughing while we sandbagged. I don't understand that mentality, I know why they did it, but in a lot of these posts I see the same. The world is tough, anger and hate have to be vented, but this is disturbing

Again, so far we've not heard of anyone in any major Midwest city or along the Mississippi stranded and left without food and water for days. There is no comparison My bet is the same hate and anger that I read in these posts is the same hate and anger that pushed people to steal TVs, etc. Why should they care about your legal system when you so clearly despise them.

I do not understand people who sit on their butts and complain and complain about the characteristics of the flood victims anywhere, as if they could even remotely know what it is like. You want to do something constructive? Help. You want to be negative and angry, start pointing fingers and calling people names.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorsebet
reply to post by OldMedic

I do not understand people who sit on their butts and complain and complain about the characteristics of the flood victims anywhere, as if they could even remotely know what it is like. You want to do something constructive? Help. You want to be negative and angry, start pointing fingers and calling people names.

Its call a lack of compassion... an inability to imagine oneself in someone else's shoes.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldMedic
Federal aid has a role, but the work on these kinds of disasters is largely done by the locals. but not in New Orleans, there the locals largely fled to other cities and refuse to come back. They discovered that the welfare payments are a LOT better in other states.

I was going to break up each and every paragraph of your rant to debate it, but honestly I don't think I have the strength to debate such things any longer. Its just futile.

I will address that paragraph that I quoted though, because if you could be any more wrong, you would be talking about some other city.

You are believing media hype, or basing this off of some wayward experience that is atypical in nature. Contrary to popular belief these people that participated in all sorts of nonsense after the storm are not the majority of New Orleanians. Plain and simple, they aren't. I'm not going to pull links for you, because if you can't figure that out based purely on numbers, then there is no point in my working to show you something you choose to not believe.

Every day, I see locals that are dirty from working on their homes, crawling underneath where they are built up to fix Katrina related problems that are still there. I am constantly giving out numbers to people for good contractors, electricians, plumbers, sheetrock workers, finishing carpenters, floor installation groups, and foundation repair companies. Who do you think is using those numbers? Do you think we are passing them on to FEMA for them to hire our workers for us?

We have worked diligently to bring our city back, and in many ways we have succeeded and far surpassed what we had before. I see improvements every day, I see neighbors helping neighbors, and strangers helping others load what they need on each other's trucks to bring back home to work. I don't doubt my city, things happen that annoy me, but overall I am not going anywhere. Most of us are not relying on the government for anything, the government already got an F. We're doing it ourselves, and that is going to make it that much more special when we finish off, be it ten years or a hundred years.

As for Mr. Hothead Limbaugh, a pill-addled buffoon who wants to increase ratings, I am not surprised he said anything to bring those ratings up. Why anyone would take that seriously I have no idea.

To those that report on here how they came to "help" and how horribly they were treated. Half the time you all were so stuck on yourselves while you were here that you never even stopped to think about how you were acting. You go up to people and tell them how to live. Not "how can I help?" It's more like "I have this to give you, this is the way you will use it, this is the way you should use it, and you're too ignorant to know any better so you better listen to me because I'm from up north." Yeah, you were met with an indignant response, and it is a much better response more than likely than you would have gotten from me. How it must be to sit on your own pedestal holding the goblet of charity while shouting your orders down to us pillagers and rapists.

As for those in Iowa that experienced this, my deepest sympathies to you. Many will never know what it is like to experience the trauma of such a disaster, but you do have compassion coming your way, and there are those of us who see and care. We won't use you for political capital, raping your tragedy for our own selfish ends. How disgusting that human suffering has been reduced to something that you can buy off a shelf, selling to the highest bidder to slam in someone else's face.

It is more apparent every day that the place of human sympathy towards others and caring is fading out of view to the monstrosity of corporate media swashbuckling that can careen the masses into a frenzy of anger on a whim and direct it where need be for their own ends. We have no one to blame but ourselves.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by niteboy82

Save your breath many of these people are studies in applied ignorance... they do not want to learn... they do not want to face their prejudices and they most certainly do not want their preconceived ideas challenged.

They just want to hear that which reinforces them.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
After that last comment I realize that I was right to put slackerwire in ignore in the first place so back he goes.

Diversity enriches us all its not a touchy feely kind of thing.

Diversity built this country.

You and your little ignore button could always prove me wrong, but I guess that would be to difficult for you.

Stick to crayons and tinker toys kid.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkhorsebet

Originally posted by slackerwire
reply to post by darkhorsebet

Yet diversity has never been proven to be beneficial. It is nothing more than touchy feely emotion based politically correct garbage.

I think diversity is as old as this country. The founding fathers were immigrants. You know the motto: ""Give us your poor, your tired, your huddled masses longing to be free..."

Unless you are a Native American, you, by your own definition, are not beneficial to this society and do this society no good by existing and thereby diversifying it. I do not mean this as an insult. It is a logical follow-up to your opinion. I don't agree, but thats OK.

You know that little motto is on the Statue of Liberty right? It came long after the founding fathers.

Incidentally, there is no such thing as a "native american". Arriving here before someone else doesn't make one a native.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by slackerwire

I think you have been proven wrong through out this thread by many here, yet you continue your reverse psychology when pushed into a corner with facts, you try and make the opposing member look like a racist.Boy you have got that Fox news (O'Reilly)
game down pretty good.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   

hahaha thats cute. Unfortunately for you, it's also untrue.

Care to point out exactly where I have been proven wrong?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   

In regards to slackerwire... I rest my case. He is just not worth the effort even attempting to debate.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   

In regards to slackerwire... I rest my case. He is just not worth the effort even attempting to debate.

Why not humiliate me with facts?

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Some of Rush Limbaugh quotes:

"Why should blacks be heard? They're 12% of the population.
Who the hell cares."

"I don't give a hoot that Columbus gave some Indians a disease
that they didn't have immunity against."

"Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted
criminals resemble Jesse Jackson."

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal.They should get a liquor store
and practice robberies."

Yea right, and how again is Rush not racist again?

Look, I am not going to take your word for anything. Please provide some transcripts where these quotes were taken. Sorry, but I am not goin to trust your sources especially since they are probably from some leftist extreme liberal website.
If it's not to difficult for you to provide some proof, please show me the transcripts so I can see the context of the quotes. I know lots of times people quote Rush when actually Rush was quoting someone else from a article he was reading on air.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

* Take that bone out of your nose and call me back.
o Response to a black caller he was having a hard time understanding in the 1970s when he worked under the name "Jeff Christie" on a top-40 music program in Pittsburgh, as quoted in Newsday (8 October 1990) where he expresses some remorse at having said it; also in The Way Things Aren't : Rush Limbaugh's Reign of Error (1995) by Steve Rendall, Jim Naureckas, and Jeff Cohen [ISBN 156584260X] , "Limbaugh : A Color Man Who Has A Problem With Color?" by Jeff Cohen and Steve Rendall in FAIR and The Los Angeles Times (6 July 2000), and "Bone Voyage" at Snopes.com (4 September 2007)

* The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.
o As quoted in Flush Rush Quarterly (January 1993) and in "Limbaugh : A Color Man Who Has A Problem With Color?" by Jeff Cohen and Steve Rendall in FAIR and The Los Angeles Times (6 July 2000), and in "Off Sides" by Michael Tomasky in The American Prospect (16 July 2003)

* They're 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?
o Of African-Americans, as quoted in "Limbaugh Brings Baggage with his ESPN Blabber" by Derrick Z. Jackson inThe Boston Globe (16 July 2003), and "Colorblind football fans know Rush is wrong" by Richard Roeper in Chicago Sun-Times (1 October 2003)

* Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?
o As quoted in "Limbaugh : A Color Man Who Has A Problem With Color?" by Jeff Cohen and Steve Rendall in FAIR and The Los Angeles Times (6 July 2000), and at "Bone Voyage" at Snopes.com (4 September 2007)

* The media has been very desirous that a black quarterback do well.
o As quoted in "Dittohead Blues" in the LA Weekly (9 October 2003)

* I mean, let's face it, we didn't have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I'm not saying we should bring it back; I'm just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.

o As quoted in 101 People who are REALLY Screwing Up America (2006) by Jack Huberman
o Note: A second reference for this quote has not been found. Please see Talk page for discussion.

* You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.
o As quoted in 101 People who are REALLY Screwing Up America (2006) by Jack Huberman
o Note: A second reference for this quote has not been found. Please see Talk page for discussion.

* Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.
o As quoted in "Hey Rush, when it comes to sports ... shhh!" by Mike Freeman at CBS SportsLine (27 January 2007)

I mean, why didn't these morons leave New Orleans before the hurricane? I'll tell you why: because they wanted to rape and loot! That's just the way some people are! And if they're black — if the rapists and looters are black — it's not George Bush's fault! We've had these problems ever since the Emancipation Proclamation. Once the whites leave town, all you've got is overwhelming lawlessness. That's not racism, Mr. Snerdley; it's a proven, demonstrable fact. Have you even seen a ghetto in Greenwich, Connecticut? I rest my case.

* Reputedly on (12 September 2005); the earliest mention yet found of this statement is one at a blog called Hear Me Roar on (27 September 2005); no major media or published sources have been found.

I already provided them on page 11. And since many of them are the same....

[edit on 22-6-2008 by grover]

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I already provided them on page 11. And since many of them are the same....

Where is the link to the transcripts?
Sorry, but I cannot take anyone's word for it on this site because most get their news from extreme liberal sites. Plus, people are always misquoting Rush or they totally get it wrong because they don't realize Rush is quoting someone else or that he is making a point using satire, humor or sarcasm. So please provide a link to the transcripts so I can read the context of the quotes for myself.

posted on Jun, 22 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by WhatTheory

SIGH!!! On page 11 with the quotes. I should tell you to go look it up yourself since I already said that's were the quotes are but nonetheless...

en.wikiquote.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join