It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the Azati Prime (Enterprise) Celebration Thread!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:04 PM
link   
celebrate? Enterprise? never thought I'd put those two words into the same sentence. I think, however, Enterprise may have finally turned a corner. I know a lot of people will disagree, but I really liked Harbinger (c'mon, Reed and Hayes's fight was nothing short of pure entertainment), and while Hatchery wasn't an A+ episode, it wasn't a D, either.

as for Azati Prime...hey! this whole Xindi arc might actually bear fruit! it's not just an excuse for Archer to get angry and Trip get neuropressure (heh) from T'Pol.

okay, guys. this is a conspiracy board, and I can't be the only Trekkie around here. (besides, I think they're sick of me on the Trek boards. oopsie.
)

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I like Enterprise too. It's definately gotten alot better since the crappy first season. I like the Xindi, they're rather unique for a Star Trek species. They don't just look like a human with a skin problem, they actually look like ALIENS. Well, some of them at least.

Anyway, did anyone see the Enterprise J from 400 years in the future? Sweeeeet.....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I already posted my disgust with this tangent (the episode that went a whole season) in the Star Trek thread.

It's a time paradox to every previous series and NEVER HAPPENED.

I hate it. What was wrong with the first season? It had Klingons, stuff you SHOULD encounter on your first ever voyage from Earth. To me this tangent smacks of a series that never happened...maybe one called THE VORTEX, kind of like Voyager.

Rather than write for the historical first Enterprise they stole from the reject bin.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hey, hey, if anything Enterprise FIXES the Star Trek timeline. If you go by the Original and TNG timeline, the Eugenics wars and all this other crap was supposed to have happened by now. In Enterprise they moved the eugenics war up.

Besides, Enterprise has T'pol....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I don't know it bugs me. Being so far out on this super important mission we've never heard of before.

I liked it when they were close to home, but it was all new to them. Fighting with Klingons and diplomatically with Vulcans. All the early stuff. Isn't there supposed to be like 500 years of THAT before even Kirk comes along?

The plot now just seems... I don't know. Like Voyager alone going against all the Borg in Delta Quadrant maybe?

They should suck more. Does that make sense? And T'Pol I hate. Cute, but what a boring little know it all.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
This show is set in 2150, the original series takes place about 100 years after it. I think The Next Generation takes place around 2370. So the span of time between the creation of the federation and TNG isn't that great.

I understand what you're saying about never hearing about this Xindi mission. Having Earth being attacked and 7 million people killed would probably leave an impression...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I agree, the Zindi arc may indeed prove the show's writers still have some inspiration left.

but the show is so good at insulting my intelligence, it gets quite annoying. I thought that star trek was a show that was designed to make you think, not a show designed to keep you trapped in a stuporus phase of "ooooh tpol is falling in love with the captain. who never saw this coming?!"

at least it's not disney like voyager was.

*sigh* I just miss TNG and DS9, that's all...

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I never said the show is perfect, but it is improving. (hell, next to the rest of UPN's programming, it's positively brilliant.)

as for the continuity problems with the other series...well yeah. B&B have #ed contuinity all to hell. at this point, who knows if the show's even canon anymore? when/if they really decide to get to the TCW, who knows if this timeline is the same as the one that produced the other treks? (although if that happens, I'd be pissed enough to stop watching, and I've given Ent a LOT of leeway. that's too much of a cop-out even for me.)

and Flinx, Enterprise J is awesome. the interiors don't look particularly Star Fleet, though. maybe they've hired a new interior decorator since TNG.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Man, this episode was great. I cant wait for the next.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
I understand what you're saying about never hearing about this Xindi mission. Having Earth being attacked and 7 million people killed would probably leave an impression...

I don't think it ever did/will happen. That's what I'm saying... I get this sick false sense by all this temporal crap that the end of the whole Enterprise series will be Archer pushing a giant RESET button and none of it ever took place. Feel me?

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I don't think it ever did/will happen. That's what I'm saying... I get this sick false sense by all this temporal crap that the end of the whole Enterprise series will be Archer pushing a giant RESET button and none of it ever took place. Feel me?

from what I'm hearing, the big red reset button won't be used to get the Enterprise out of its current predicament, but it wouldn't surprise me if they ended the series that way. if they plan to end it that way though...they'd better not tell me. I'd like to squeeze some enjoyment out of it

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Well according to sources, UPN hasn't decided whether or not to renew Enterprise.

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I like it, as you can tell by this:

new topics

top topics

join