It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More secret files found on train

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   

More secret files found on train

news.bbc.co.uk

More confidential government files have been found left on a train.

The Independent on Sunday says it was handed the documents, which cover fighting global terrorist funding, drugs trafficking and money laundering.

The files, which relate to a meeting of financial crime experts to be held this week, were found on a train bound for London's Waterloo Station on Wednesday.

A Treasury spokesman said the government was "extremely concerned" about what had happened.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
BBC: UK govt files on Iraq and Al-Qaeda go missing

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
looks like more important files left on a train,
not very supprising considering the goverment are rubbish at keeping files and documents safe.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This gets on my nerves,these are the people in charge of our safety,how the hell does this happen??
Files that are so sensitive should NEVER be taken on a train,bus,bike or even a skateboard.
Something has to be done to stop these things happening

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'm beginning to think these files/data are being left on purpose to undermine the government.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by paul76
I'm beginning to think these files/data are being left on purpose to undermine the government.

Bingo.

I brought that up in the original thread about the first leak. This is not a civil servant losing documents and then seeing them printed in a paper.

Specific documents, all relating to government anti-terrorism policy, have been left on public transport and then handed in to the media. You need top clearance to access this information, no random civil servant can touch this stuff. The second files are related to a meeting that occurred this Wednesday.

This information can bring down a government.

Anyone remember the infamous Prime Minister Wilson and the MI5 plot during the 60's? Potential coup d'etat here

[edit on 14-6-2008 by infinite]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
From the BBC

The papers were found on the same day that another batch of secret papers relating to intelligence assessments of Iraq and al-Qaeda were handed to the BBC after being left by a senior official on a train.

The confidential files were said to include details of how trade and banking systems could be manipulated to finance illicit weapons of mass destruction in Iran.

They also discussed methods of terrorist funding and the potential fraud of commercial websites and international internet payment systems

Again, information that can destroy a government.

Ask yourself this?

When did this occur?

On the day of the 48 day detention vote, which MI5 refuse to support first anti-terrorist classified files are found. Within 24 hours of that a Shadow Minister resigns in protest and creates a campaign to defend civil rights, 24 hours after the shadow minister a fuel strike starts causing problems of supply. With 24 hours of the strike, another file containing secret information on terror policy is discovered.

Is someone leaking information during a critical time to bring down the Prime Minister? It is a coincidence this has happened during a massive strike and a constrovisal legislation hitting Parliament. (Lets not forget the EU treaty too)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
This has destroyed many careers.

Long term agents without diplomatic covers have been outed, special forces recce teams have been pulled from all over the globe, people have been moved around, careers ended before they got started. This isn't a leak, this is carnage - so many Uk assests have been destroyed its beyond the pale.

This is a dirty dirty campaign, but, who is doing it ? The Police are
the secret intelligence service is
and so are the government..

I really do expect a few Bodies to surface before this one is over.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
A third leak, which may happen, could send the government into chaos.

What ever you think of the government, this information should never be made public. People lives are at risk now.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I rather think this is an organised effort of some sort of blowing the whistle on the Gordon Brown government.

In a nation covered in spy cameras and sound equipment what better place to leave something than on a train where there are no cameras, no assigned seating and so many people travelling that it would be impossible to isolate who left the documents.

In any event, it is time for Gordon Brown and 'New Labour' to go.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Something quite alarming;

Documents include “Briefing notes for meeting at Number 11 Downing Street”

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I`m feeling hopeful about all this TBH.
This could be the real fight for freedom I`ve been waiting for.
If I`m wrong, then I`m more confused than I thought.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dillons

I`m feeling hopeful about all this TBH.
This could be the real fight for freedom I`ve been waiting for.
If I`m wrong, then I`m more confused than I thought.

Well, you may want to rethink that.
Many individuals names, who are linked to the secret service and the police, have been made public. People lives could be at danger, we have no idea who has seen the documents.

Vital information about the UK is public. It seems a group could be behind this, you'd had information from Downing street made public. As I said, no civil servant touches that information.

Someone used the words coup d'etat to me

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

This isn't about politics; it's about national security. As Infinite and Dan Tanna have said, members of MI5, MI6, the UK's special forces and others have been put at risk now that their identities, activities and locations are out in the public domain.

Let's be clear: This has nothing to do with Gordon Brown or Labour. I can accept that this might've happened once as a major security leak, but nothing more... but now that it's happened again (and, again, on a train!) it seems to be something even more serious than that.

[edit on 14/6/08 by Ste2652]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Ste2652

Perhaps. Destroying elements of the Civil Service that have served since the Middle Age of Man generally goes hand in hand with some sort of power grab, a coup d'etat indeed.

I wonder who stands the most to gain from those elements being 'outed' so to speak. Who gains from endangering the lives of those in such high profile albeit secretive security roles?

Bringing down Gordon Brown, Labour could still be the purpose ... to illustrate that they cannot ensure national security and there is a high level rebellion afoot.

Unfortunately there is something that smells of 9/11 about all this -- I can't quite place my finger on it, perhaps simply the intrigue and the evidence of a struggle about which most of us know nothing substantial.

[edit on 14/6/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Two things are interesting;

The documents apparently include briefing notes for a meeting of the international Financial Action Task Force (FATF) to be held in 11 Downing Street next week.

Relating to a meeting happening next week, so the agenda for the meeting is now public.

The FATF conference is due to begin on Monday at the QE2 Conference Centre in Westminster, opposite the Houses of Parliament.

The FATF was established by the 1989 G7 summit in Paris to spearhead efforts to counter the use of the international financial system by criminals.

It has since expanded to 34 members.

On Monday the FATF conference starts. It will be discussing terrorism. Linked to the G7. All names, agenda and any other information about the conference has been deliberately made public (it seems).

coincidence again? no, this is a massive breach of national security at the highest levels. This is nothing to do with New Labour or Gordon Brown being unable to prevent leaks. Someone or some group is trying to damage the UK government and the infrastructures of the security forces.

Let me put it this way. Any terrorist organisation would, excuse the pun, kill for this information. If a domestic group had access to this information then they now know the UK security details, the system and individuals in charge of each operation.

A nations defence is being used against it

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Are you aware of the Wilson MI5 plot of the 1960s? If not, give it a good read and do some research on the topic. Like in the 1960s, someone could be trying to bring down the government.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thank you for the reference to Wilson. As more information about this leak emerges, it sounds far more nefarious than I first imagined.

My concern now is that this leak will lead to a further locking down of the UK... no, I don't even want to say it or imagine it.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The thing about the alleged plot against Wilson (which, even to this day, remains murky territory) is that there was an obvious ideological reason for MI5 to oppose him; they believed (wrongly as it turned out) that he was a communist and/or controlled by the KGB.

From the reports in the media it seems that the leaks have come from the Cabinet Office in this case, not MI5/MI6/GCHQ/any of the other intelligence agencies. The question is: is this aimed against Brown, or the UK in general?

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

This has nothing to do with a lockdown or a potential police state, if you are thinking along those lines. I can categorically confirm its independent from government doing.

We are talking about information being leaked that puts government ministers at risk too. No minister would risk their own lives.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Ok, I understand what your saying and its unfortunate to say the least.

My only hope is that it be less painful to cut out the cancer than to leave it in.

If they continue this present path, waging war on the world, in this quest to enslave it, chip it and dominate we will be very very sorry.....and we might ask, was there no one who opposed it?.

Einstein

"If only 2% of those assigned to perform military service should announce their refusal to fight, governments would be powerless; they would not dare to send such a large number of people to jail."

"More praise of peace is easy but ineffective. What is needed is active participation in the fight against war and everything that leads to it."

"The pioneers of a warless world are the young men who refuse military service."

True leaders inspire, not deceive.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join