It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOUCHING HISTORY - New Book about fight to control skies on 9/11

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Double Eights

You can't even prove there was a stand down either.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boone 870
It was confirmed later that they were not lied to:

Maybe you should read the entire article. It says FAA and Norad didn't lie. I'm talking about pentagon officials.

From my link:

Some staff members and commissioners of the Sept. 11 panel concluded that the Pentagon's initial story of how it reacted to the 2001 terrorist attacks may have been part of a deliberate effort to mislead the commission and the public rather than a reflection of the fog of events on that day, according to sources involved in the debate.

From your link.

The FAA had said on its Web site and in statements to the commission that it informed the Pentagon at 9:24 a.m. that American Airlines Flight 77 had been hijacked. The commission found that the FAA never notified defense officials of the hijackings but did label the plane missing after it had crashed into the Pentagon.

The FAA also omitted from official timelines the fact that it notified NORAD about the hijacking of Flight 93 at 10:07 a.m., after the airliner had crashed in Pennsylvania. It gave an earlier than actual time for the moment when an Air Force official joined an FAA "phone-bridge" focused on the hijackings.

Since when is the FAA and/or NORAD part of the Pentagon?

The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) is an agency of the United States Department of Transportation with authority to regulate and oversee all aspects of civil aviation in the U.S.

en.wikipedia.org...

U.S. Department of Transportation
1200 New Jersey Ave, SE
Washington, DC 20590

www.dot.gov...

NORAD's headquarters facilities in Colorado are administered by the U.S. Air Force under the command of the 721st Mission Support Group, part of the 21st Space Wing, headquartered at Peterson Air Force Base. NORAD's forces consist of the Alaskan NORAD Region/Eleventh Air Force, Canadian NORAD Region, and Continental NORAD Region.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't see an Arlington, VA address there, do you?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
At last, proof to the general public! This is the primary reasons there are 9/11 conspiracy in existence.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Maybe you should read the entire article. It says FAA and Norad didn't lie. I'm talking about pentagon officials.

I read all of the article you originally posted. I read all of the article I posted. Clearly, they are talking about the same issue.

I'm sorry that the headline of the Washington Post article you posted didn't read "9/11 Panel Suspected Deception by Pentagon and the FAA".

NORAD is commanded by the First Air Force which is commanded by the Air Combat Command which is commanded by the United States Air Force which is commanded by the Department of Defense i.e., The Pentagon.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Boone 870

Its in my local BORDERS bookstore (New Jersey)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hey GRIFF

The excerpt I posted is to demonstrate the confusion on that day forcing
pilots, air traffic controllers and NEADS to resort to improvisation to
cobble together a CAP over NY and WASH. Most of the Air Guard
fighters launched that day were not part of NORAD command and
lacked the radio frequencies to communicate and the authorization
codes to verify orders. Tankers had to be located and positioned
to refuel the fighters, communications with air traffic controllers to
locate aircraft still airborne and radio frequencies allocation all had to
done on the fly.

Amazing thing is were able to pull it off with no accidents or collisions
and get all the planes down safely.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
and get all the planes down safely.

What about the four most important planes? We didn't do too well there.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by Griff]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
From all I've read, much of the confusion on 9/11 seems to be due to the simultaneous wargames and false "blips" input on FAA radar screens.
I recently stumbled across this article from vanityfair.com where they obtained about 30 hours of NEADS control room tapes showing the confusion that took place on 9/11.
www.vanityfair.com...

"Is this real-world or exercise?"—is heard nearly verbatim over and over on the tapes as troops funnel onto the ops floor and are briefed about the hijacking. Powell, like almost everyone in the room, first assumes the phone call is from the simulations team on hand to send "inputs"—simulated scenarios—into play for the day's training exercise."

Emphasis mine in above quote.

"When they told me there was a hijack, my first reaction was 'Somebody started the exercise early,'" Nasypany later told me. The day's exercise was designed to run a range of scenarios, including a "traditional" simulated hijack in which politically motivated perpetrators commandeer an aircraft, land on a Cuba-like island, and seek asylum. "I actually said out loud, 'The hijack's not supposed to be for another hour,'" Nasypany recalled"

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by FewWorldOrder

Heard the author on the radio. She got a copy of ALL of the NORAD tapes, and talked to the military commanders, weapons controllers and pilots who were first launched. On that day, fighters would have had no reason to shoot down an airliner just because it wasn't talking and because another plane had (for still unknown reasons at that point) crashed into a building. There were dozens of planes that morning that were cancelling their flight plans and not talking for one reason or another. Would you have like the military to take them all out?? It's not so simple, but I think this book will offer some answers . . . for once!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

NORAD communicates through the NMCC at the Pentagon. Unforunately, on 9-11, the FAA and NMCC has two different secured communication systems, and they were incompatible. The NMCC could not get the FAA onto the teleconference that morning - the only direct link between the FAA and the military that morning came from controllers at Boston Center. They were the ones who gave NORAD their information. Unfortunately, they passed on some accurate stuff along with some stuff that was not accurate (like American 11 still being airborne and heading to DC). Even so, had it not been for that, the Langley fighters would not have been launched - nor would they have been over DC at 10 am.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   

From all I've read, much of the confusion on 9/11 seems to be due to the simultaneous wargames and false "blips" input on FAA radar screens.

Can you provide a link stating that there were ''blips'' on FAA radar screens? Or, that there were blips on NORAD screens?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Hello, Boone 870, I had read about these 'blips' or 'injects' in "Crossing The Rubicon" by Mike Ruppert.
I found a couple sites stating this same information:

www.cooperativeresearch.org...

911research.wtc7.net...

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Thanks. Neither one of the sources you provided state that there were false blips injected onto FAA radar screens.

Regarding NORAD, the source you provided states:

An hour into his shift, something unscripted happens. NORAD's Northeast Air Defence Sector (NEADS), based in Rome, N.Y., contacts the mountain.

The Federal Aviation Administration has evidence of a hijacking and is asking for NORAD support. This is not part of the exercise.

In a flash, Operation Northern Vigilance is called off. Any simulated information, what's known as an "inject," is purged from the screens.
This article is referring to NORAD command inside Cheyenne Mountain. The easiest way to find out how quickly the injects were purged is to figure out when they received the call.

At 8:40 a.m. EDT, Tech. Sgt. Jeremy W. Powell of North American Aerospace Defense Command's (Norad) Northeast Air Defense Sector (NEADS) in Rome, N.Y., took the first call from Boston Center. He notified NEADS commander Col. Robert K. Marr, Jr., of a possible hijacked airliner, American Airlines Flight 11.

---------------------------------------------

"NEADS instantly ordered the scramble, then called me to get Cinc [Norad commander-in-chief] approval for it," said Capt. Michael H. Jellinek, a Canadian Forces (Navy) officer serving as Norad command director that morning.
Source It looks like the confusion could not have lasted more than the time it takes to make a few phone calls.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   

You are correct, Boone, thanks for pointing out my error.

My recollection of this claim originated from reading "Crossing The Rubicon", and now, from what I'm seeing, that, and that alone, seems to be the origin of it, and of course, I've lent it out so I can't see for myself.

So at this point, it is only speculation.

[edit on 16-6-2008 by FewWorldOrder]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join