It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Iran Soon (Don't be surprised, B-52s are on the move)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:39 AM
link   

edited by MM
An Israeli minister has said an attack on Iran's nuclear sites will be "unavoidable" if Tehran refuses to halt its alleged weapons programme..

In the most explicit threat yet by a member of Ehud Olmert's government, Shaul Mofaz, a deputy prime minister, said the hardline Iranian president, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, "would disappear before Israel does".

Ahmadinejad has repeatedly called for Israel to be wiped off the map since becoming president. On Monday, he said Israel was "about to die and will soon be erased from the geographical scene".

Iran's history of threats of death and carnage have mainly been ignored as part and parcel of Iranian culture and character - just macho posturing and chest puffing with little intention of taking serious action. However Ahmadinejad is a complete lunatic who is hated and distrusted by his own people - even the Mullahs are openly trying to remove him from office.

I seriously, seriously doubt there is any intention by Iran to nuke Israel. Most Iranians couldn't care less about Israel, they're too concerned with the desperate economic crisis and rampant unemployment. What would be achieved by attacking Israel? Instant annihilation, which is part of the reason Ahmadinejad is hated so much.

Iranians don't want to be dragged into another war, they're fully aware that they're the only Shia nation in the world and should Iraq fall to Sunni/Al Qaeda hands they're next in line. AQ hate Iranians as much as they hate westerners. Whether these constant threats against Israel are a form of appeasement to AQ (we're on your side), or an open declaration against AQ (we are capable of taking Israel out so stay out of our faces) Ahmadinejad is playing a very, very dangerous game. Hopefully someone will assassinate him before things get any worse. I don't think he'll be missed by the Iranians.

Full story at the Guardian.co.uk

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crabmeat
This will allow the Free Masons even further holdings on the nation. Kerry vs. Bush almost turned the whole system on its side. We're lucky that Bush cheated and kept the Masonic Tradition alive and well

The Crab with the Stringiest Eyes, Crabmeat

Okay I'm confused. What do the Freemasons have to do with this? And what Masonic tradition are they keeping alive and well?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Thank you Majjicmouse for that insightful synopsis of the Iranian situation. Let's also keep in mind that Iranians, besides being Shia, are also Persians, NOT Arabs. That probably accounts for some of the reasons by AQ dislikes Iranians.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yet another thread in a long line of threads about the U.S. is going to attack Iran.Funny how many different dates have we been told now...I have lost track,because there have been so many with different dates.Seriously, it's just not going to happen.If anything where going to happen it will more than likely be specops going in undetected and destroying key targets.Like I said in another thread about this same subject just a day or two ago.This has become like the boy who cried wolf.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptGizmo

I totally agree. However, with gas prices absolutely going through the roof, and news today of a $7 a barrel increase, does anyone think there's a correlation between that and the OP's post?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
One interesting thing I read in the Times (UK) ...

A military strike on Iran at the right time may be good for McCain election chances - as it shows the republicans prepared to do something about the foreign policy and may weaken Obama election chances who is seen to be floundering over some of these foreign policy issues.

The logic is there - it is very scary/disgusting though that destructions will be done to win an election.

I know I should wake up and smell the drains

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I've also been noticing very very high numbers of air jets flying over...more frequently in these past few weeks. I dont necessarily live that close to an airforce base but its unusally high activity. I think we're all just waiting to read that headline..."War with Iran"...

Take note also that we just sold Israel some jets...as well as moving our ships closer and closer to iran. It's truly inevitable...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
but that weapon has me worried for our Comrads at Sea.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by jetxnet]

Comrads? You just slipped up you Godless America Hating Commie!

I'm reporting you to the mods...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

Yes and now with Morgan Stanley analysts predicting $150 oil by July 4 it would seem an attack on Iran led by Isreal is coming very soon. My guess is the U.S would just supply support but the main attack will come from Isreal.

With the booming economies of Russia and China being fueled quite litteraly by Iran it will be interesting to see if this doesn't lead to something much bigger. Unfortunately with the current economic crisis they may see this as a way to pull us out. *pukes*

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Txmachine said it the best.
I will add that in order to help McCain there needs to be a "threat" perceived. You kind of defeat the purpose if you attack much before the elections. Fear is obviously been an effective tool to keep power. Iran's politics mirrors ours so closely it is sardonic. The Mulah's need to unify their young and pro western population by using fear of the big bad wolf in Washington. We use Amadinejad for the same purpose. that dude doesn't even run the foreign ministry there let alone the military...he is a mouth piece.
There will be no attack this summer....just a build up of fear and apprehension to keep people leaning towards McCain.
And for the last fracking time, Obama is NOT a Muslim...get a clue.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

According to a new poll from Public Agenda, nearly 50 percent of those who follow the situation in Iran say “the one” best way to deal with Iran is through using diplomacy “to establish better relations.” Only five percent favor threatening military action, down from nine percent in fall 2007. Seven percent support taking military action.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 02:41 PM
link   
WOW

what a suprise?!!!!!

Another thread on fear-mongering over Iran. Hmmm it happened last year and it's happening this year.

Guys srsly, our the United States Armed Forces are on the move. "Get ready for an attack on Iran".

lol

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
IF we were to attack Iran (and yes, I feel this administration has shown its complete disregard for the best interests of our country) it would likely be good for John McCain. He is, afterall, the 'war hero' (I gag just writing that). To the poster who said any conflict with Iran would last a month: yea right. Shades of Iraq. I'm convinced --- as are people far more well-positioned than I --- that any attack would be opening Pandora's Box. Oil prices would launch out-of-sight, our wobbling economy would go into free-fall as the majority of the foreign countries that are currently helping to bail us out would turn their backs on us. Although Bush et al have clearly deluded themselves into thinking an attack on Iran is justifiable and a smart move I am quite certain that his track record has proven that if HE thinks it's a good idea it most certainly is not.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by tribe30

All the founding fathers of America were free masons. GWB Senior is also a freemason.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

I don't get the connection.. It's like saying "all the founding fathers were white, GWB senior is white also..."
please elaborate, if need be, direct me to another thread that may explain what you mean..
thank you, (sorry sounds kinda terse, I don't mean it too, I'm just tired and freakin HOT..)(99 degrees f. and90%humidity)

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
No and no...

Originally posted by Crabmeat
All the founding fathers of America were free masons. GWB Senior is also a freemason.

All the founding fathers were not Freemasons. And some, such as John Adams (and even more so, his son John Quincy) were opposed to Freemasonry.

Neither George Bush 41 or 43 are Freemasons. They are members of Skull & Bones, which is not Masonic.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Crabmeat

Is there a reason you can come up with all this doom and gloom and still not know that the 41st president was George Herbert Bush and the 43rd president is George Walker Bush? (They are not Sr. and Jr.)
I'm not too far off from what you're contending, but please take the time to get the names of the players right. It adds to your credibility quotient.
Just so you know, I live not too far from MacDill AFB and haven't noticed any operational inceases. Yet.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by LAUGHING-CAT]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The AF launches a few more planes one day, everyone poos their knickers.

Once everyone was talking about more planes launching, and it was at the end of the fiscal year, when squadrons were burning thru their remaining flying hours.

Maybe, just maybe, that base's Stan/Eval section had some training or checkrides planned?

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 6/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
A top Israeli official has said that if Iran continues with its alleged nuclear arms programme, Israel will attack it.

Deputy Prime Minister Shaul Mofaz said sanctions on Iran were ineffective.

Mr Mofaz is one of three deputy prime ministers and the transport minister.

Earlier this week, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Iran's nuclear programme must be stopped by what he termed all possible means.

"Attacking Iran, in order to stop its nuclear plans, will be unavoidable," he said.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
They've been doing touch n go's here lately at the regional airports with the KC135's which is really odd I haven't seen that very often

I don't see how you can get 2 and 2 to equal four on this one though maybe your right hope your not

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join