It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012 is nothing but smoke and mirrors !!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Why does everyone think that "something" is going to happen on Dec 21 2012 ?? Just because the Mayan calender ends on that date ?? So let me get this right...A Mayan makes a calender....he keeps going on it until he decides to finish it and he just happens to stop on Dec 21, 2012 so that means the world comes to an end ??

Boy some of you will believe anything huh ?

2012 is NOTHING but a year. the Mayan's had to end the calender at some point and they stopped at 2012. Not because it is the end of the world but because whomever created the calender stopped there.

back in the old days of TV most tv's you bought had only 13 channels so did that mean that there would never be any channels above 13 ??

It is time for all you 2012 doomsday preachers to wake up and get a grip ! The world is NOT going to end on that date. there is going to be NOTHING period. When Dec 22 2012 hits all the prophets of doom will latch onto another "end of world" scenario and bore us to death again with grand tales of doom but as usual it will not come to pass.

If all the doomsayers put as much time into making this world better as they do spouting off their crazy predictions then we would have a great, wonderful world to live in but for some reason they want us all hiding under rocks and in underground bunkers praying for salvation.

what an utter waste of time and resources.

It amazes me that people to this day are this ignorant and stupid.

I for one will NOT be cringing in fear in a hole in the ground. If the end comes (doubtful) I will be holding my head up high !

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I do know nobody can predict the future.Not the Mayans,Nostradamus,the bible,or any other human.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
You haven't looked into the Mayan calender enough and I am actually fed up of explaining this, as it seems only one person listens at a time.

The Mayan calender wasn't just stopped, don't you think many people have thought of that. The Mayan calender signals the end of the long count, the Mayans actually counted backwards and forwards and signaled the date WE worked into 2012 (remember that only we worked on the georgian time calender) was not the end but the beginning of a new era. This era of creation, could mean the end of mankind or perhaps a new beginning. No where does it say the world is going to end, except for other prophecies in other religions that have worked out the 2012 date too, or at least we have from their old systems.

You have just heard a date mentioned a few times and decided to debunk it on the claims of nothing from ignorance worked from ignorance. 2 wrongs do not make a right, and you are indeed wrong on the subject. I suggest if you are indeed interested in debunking the claims made by the Mayans, you first look into the long count, what it means, why they ended on that date and consider why so many people are interested in the date.

Perhaps then you may have solid ground for argument. It is not just a date thrown out there. It is in fact a date which coincides with scientific finding of a lining up of galaxies, something the Mayans predicted. As the Long count is in fact the most in detail example of what the stars are doing for the past 5000 years I believe, the fact it ends on this date is actually very relevant.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Boo i just found out there is no galactic alignment in 2012...thats crap...

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Just as I thought Lethil !!.....yet "some" seem to think that something is coming (new age, armageddon, return of jesus, etc......)

So Dany_Barking.....show me this proof of this alignment in 2012 ? and if one is coming...big deal !!! there have been MANY alignments in the past and did fuel a new age ?? an armageddon ?? NOPE !

You sound like all the rest. what are you going to do on that date when nothing at all happens ??

my guess is that you and all the rest of the 2012 crowd will fall back on it and create some cheap excuse as to why nothing happened at all. (i.e. a incorrect "calculation", misinterpreting the info/clues/calender, etc...)

When a prediction fails to come to pass then there is always an excuse as to why it did not happen.

Like I said before...it is all smoke and mirrors whch equals NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hell if nothing happens, nothing happens. I got plans for my life as I dont believe 2012 means the end. Im not big on linking. Its easy to find that there will be a cosmic alignment on the date mentioned, almost every site on 2012 I've found says it.

Along with other dates of such destruction and all the other rumors of happenings on 2012. If you want to survive you must head my warning!!!!

No im just kidding you. Do what you want, believe what you want, it the freedom of life that everyone is entitled to believe what they want. I choose to believe it, you choose not to. You complain of so many people wasting time trying to prove it or saying it. What are you doing differently? Your wasting your same time trying to debunk something without any real evidence as to why its false. You claim my theories are false because you haven't seen them. Well you didn't even know about the Long Count or its real significance till I told you. So I suggest if you really want to debunk it, or even are curious as to why people read any more into than you do, that you try reading about it. My only argument is you don't know facts. Hell a lot of people that believe it don't know the facts. I just bothered to look deeper and found very interesting details indeed.

Look into the Long Count, the eras, the tree of life, the underworld, the creation, its all there to find. Probably on here, i've never really looked. Everybody's too busy looking at CGI aliens or just debunking things to really bring anything like this up.

I would provide links, but it was so long ago I found these that it would require me to look for them. And as the age old story goes, you'd just spit anything I have to offer up, so it wouldn't be worth my time. I'm not saying believe, i'm saying learn, what harm can it possibly cause you to have knowledge in the area that gets enough discussion for you to post a debunking thread for. You'll learn something new, and it may even provide you with facts to throw at me rather than, just the usual, it cant exist rubbish that loads seem to love to throw.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

p.s so you managed to completely throw of the facts i've learnt in 4 years in 4 minutes. Bravo. You obviously looked hard haha.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The bad astronomy website doesnt seem to think so. The earth and Sun never align to the galactic center...this is what one guy said..

There will have to be a considerable shift in the location of the ecliptic in the next five years for this to happen. Please check out the star map on this page. www.astro.uiuc.edu...

The ecliptic is the Sun's path through the sky as seen from Earth. The galactic center is the 0o marking on the galactic equator just to the east of Gamma-2 Sagittarii.

As you can see, the two locations are separated by more than 5 degrees of arc (~10+ lunar diameters). Based on shifts in stellar locations, the path of the Sun around the galactic center, and other factors, this relationship will be almost exactly the same five years from now.

BTW, precession of the Earth's axis is a non-factor since it doesn't affect the Earth's orbit and thus the apparent path of the Sun through the sky.

Thus on the Winter Solstice in 2012, the Sun will have just crossed the galactic equator (as it does every year at that time), but it will not be aligned with the galactic center.

A general note: it can be very misleading to expect good science in conspiracy theories.

Oh and im not trying to debunk anything you are saying...i was more looking forward to the fact of something like a galactic alignment happening in my lifetime...but obviously it never happens...
[edit on 5-6-2008 by Lethil]

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Lethil]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Its more to do with the galactic alignment of the milky way than the zodiac signs, of which the greeks are where you want to be looking. Not the Mayans.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
What most 2012 sites etc etc are saying is that the Earth Sun and black hole in the center of our galaxy will align...this wont happen and has never happened,thats all im saying...Unless im mistaken...who knows..

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I'm more excited about Dec 25, 2012 than Dec 21. More suprises will surely come on Christmas morning. Like everyone else, I've heard the Mayan calender stone theory for a long time, too. It reminds me of all the hub-bub that Y2K was supposed to be. Much ado about nothing.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Why does everyone think that "something" is going to happen on Dec 21 2012 ?? Just because the Mayan calender ends on that date ?? So let me get this right...A Mayan makes a calender....he keeps going on it until he decides to finish it and he just happens to stop on Dec 21, 2012 so that means the world comes to an end ??

Yes....this 2012 nonsense is just annoying.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
So some dudes on the bad astronomy website say its never going to happen, and you believe them?

how do you know its not propaganda?

[edit on 5-6-2008 by JOINTHERESISTANCE]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Finally someone on my side. Yes, I have noticed how many were quick to push aside the alignment event in, saying it happened in 1997, yes i read sites against 2012 too. But they must surely knnow they are talking about an eveent the Mayans didn't even know about. The Mayans wouldn't predict an astrological alignment that has to do with the Greek zodiacs...

Why enough with the 2012 doomsday? Why not enough with the 'no facts' or incorrect facts to debunk it. Your just as annoying as any of the threads preaching 2012, its just your views differ.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
no one has the facts. we won't know until 2012 and I would bet that it will be a HUGE nothing event.

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Alpha Grey]

[edit on 5-6-2008 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by JOINTHERESISTANCE
So some dudes on the bad astronomy website say its never going to happen, and you believe them?

how do you know its not propaganda?

[edit on 5-6-2008 by JOINTHERESISTANCE]

Tell me the astronomy then? You neither Darny know as you are not astronomers,i would not let a person with no medical history tell me how to treat a cancer,same as i would not allow someone with no astronomy background to teach me on whether or not there will be a galactic alignment in 2012.Not going to happen, nothing significant will come of it...except maybe all the americans realising how corrupt their Presidents are..and Ron paul winning hands down in the election 2012?..

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
According to my sources 2012 and its chaotic events was cancelled.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lethil

Thats quite good then. Because I dont let a person who can't well enough to put his point across tell me what to believe in.

It doesn't matter. So, why argue it. I present my evidence, you choose to ignore. You present yours and i've heard it all before. As i've already covered, it doesn't matter what people believe in, no-ones forcing you to. Galactic alignment or not, it proves nothing really as far as apocalypse stands. But don't say the date means nothing and have nothing to back these claims up. Hell, you even just moved on to the next guy rather than stand your ground with me.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Evidence of what? The mayans tracked the stars,we all know that...Do you think they were tracking consciousness?..As i see nothing out of the ordinary in relation to the stars etc in 2012...the sun spots will reach its maximum peak in 2011/2012..course i think the consciousness is more new agey than anything,but still interesting since the Mayans calculated the beginning of the universe at 16 billion years,or is that a false claim made by Lungold?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Alpha Grey

In the interests of an amatuer inquiry, do you have any idea when most of the fuss was kicked up about this?

Like a particular date or something?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join