It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here read Above Black?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just wondering. I am thinking of getting it. After reading some articles about the book I see that it is very compeling but is it worth the time?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Most likely it's BS. Get the E-version for a fiver. I haven't read it and don't plan on doing so.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Condorcet]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I bought the electronic version and downloaded it. was only 5 bucks, so I thought what the heck.

It was a good read. The story is excellent.

Do I beleive it, I don't know. I want to.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I'll be getting my copy when i win the debate tournament

nah

I'm considering buying it.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have. It's interesting but it just doesn't add up to the other reports I hear from former government and military officials who have come out to tell what they know about the alien phenomenom. So I just don't know at this point.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You know, Mr Pickle.

YOu can read, for free, the first few chapters on the guys site>?

www.aboveblack.com...

NO doubt you already know this but if not, it may help you decide wetheror not you want it.

I have not read it yet but someone on here was good enough to let me borrow it.

For the price, i dont think you can really fail with it and i dont think it warrents such questions here. You are not considering buying a car, it is a 5doller e-book. Just get it!!

And i would suggest getting it now so that you have all the info you need to take part in the online chat when the author comes along. SHiould be good!

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I pirated it (I'm cheap)

Felt it was made up, deleted it.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I haven't read it, but it does look interesting. I've read the first few chapters, not all five availible on the site, however. Maybe later

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have read it. Actually bought the book.
Doesn't take that long to read it, it's pretty thin.
For being a book written by a complete amateur, it's not that bad. It's worth the $ to at least broaden your mind.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hey allright guys thanks. I have decided that i will give it a try. Even if it is not true it will still be something cool to read.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Ever wonder if UFO's are creations of the publishing industry to maximize shareholder revenue?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
no, what is it..some alien book?

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I'll be getting my copy when i win the debate tournament

I'll be taking that book, thank you!

Hurry up and post that opening statement, Nerdling. I need to win so I can get those points and earn your respect!!!

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:28 PM
link   
well forget what i said!!

i forgot it was the book thingy

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I read the free chapters... Only intriguing as it matches up closely to the program another informant was talking about, even same project name (the other guy's name is on the tip of my brain....).

There just may be something to this... This is one of the reasons I've never been big on SETI. The aliens, or at least the ones who seem to bother down here....don't seem to keen on using/understanding sound waves... This is one of the reasons that early radar caused so many crashes.... Therefore, they obviously use some other means of communication. This makes sense, as radio waves would be impractical to use interstellarly... So, there may not be any lagtime to the "speed of thought", and telepathy is the alternative means..... There seems to be a lot of evidence for this, and even paperwork to support it...including allusions to the project in other literature....

Either he is/was what he says he was....or he simply did his research and connected the same dots... Either way, it's at least worth a read....just haven't gotten around to getting the rest of the book though...

Perhaps if his chat ever comes through, I'll buy it then...the e-version, for the fiver... At least it doesn't look like he's trying to make a buck here, and that's a good sign....

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Gazrok,

I'd be very interested to learn about it if you can find it.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have no way to buy it on-line

I deal in cash only...
Maybe I can get a local bookstore to order it? or is it an on-line only kinda thing?

either way, I thought the free chapters were rather captivating-true or not

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Those who read the book, please let the rest of us know what you think.
Having bought more than a few lame UFO books in the past, I have been mulling over whether or not to buy "Above Black" for a while.

thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
I have no way to buy it on-line

I deal in cash only...
Maybe I can get a local bookstore to order it? or is it an on-line only kinda thing?

either way, I thought the free chapters were rather captivating-true or not

Borders and/or Barnes & Noble should be able to get it for you. I've gone to both to find hard-to-get books (like the boring day I decided I wanted to learn Tamil....that didn't go so well...)

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I myself was thinking about buying it until itsaid $18 bucks for a paperback at aamazon,

top topics

<<   2 >>

join